• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day planning help

michellelars

Earning My Ears
We are going to DLR September 21-23 for my son's first birthday. We didn't get park hopper tickets because I didn't think we would really get our money's worth since we will have a baby and also my in-laws, who have never been. I figured we would do two days at DL and one at DCA. I definitely want us to be at DL on our second day (the 22nd) so we can take advantage of the extra magic hour. We will be driving there on the morning of the 21st, hoping to arrive at around 10-11am. We planned on leaving the night of the 23rd and driving home, but I am trying to convince my husband to let us stay at the hotel the last night. That way we don't have to drive home in the middle of the night and we can also have a complete night at one of the parks without feeling rushed.

What I need help with is figuring out which days we should be where. They finally released the park hours and schedule for the days we will be there. It looks like we will be arriving a few hours after park opening (which kind of sucks, but I don't see us making it out the door earlier than 5-6am), so I am a little worried about the Sunday crowds. The original plan was to do Sunday (day #1) at DCA because it should be less crowded and that way we can just end our trip at DL. But now I know that our only chance to see Fantasmic is on Sunday, and we don't have the option to park hop from DCA. And honestly, I don't think it's worth the $78 upgrade just for that. Is World of Color comparable to Fantasmic? It doesn't really make a difference to me, but I want my son and IL's to enjoy it.

We also want to do Goofy's Kitchen one morning, but I am not sure which day would be best. Help!

September is a great time to go to Disneyland because it won't be that busy and the weather will be pleasant!

I would suggest Sunday (9/21) at Disneyland. Sometimes the weekends are blackout dates for So. California annual passes so that makes those less busy. I think getting in around 10-11 am is perfect and you can enjoy DL leisurely this first day.
On Monday, you obviously want to be at DL (9/22). After going on Sunday, you can get a better idea of wait times and FP return times so you are able to plan your day accordingly. That extra hour will be great to go on the Fantasyland rides since none will have a FB option.
Tuesday (9/23) would be great for California Adventure. I honestly do not think it will be very busy since it is September and the middle of the week... There is way less for your 1 year old to do here but if you, your husband, or you in laws like some thrill rides, this would be a great place to take advantage of rider swap! I know there is a Disney Jr. show and a Pixar parade which could be great ways to break up the day.

I am not seeing Fantasmic times or World of Color times for any of these days. Probably not posted yet. World of Color is usually at 9:45 pm and Fantasmic at 9 pm and 10:30 pm. What time would work best for you and your family could be the deciding factor? But I think World of Color would be best for a baby. Fantasmic is very loud (fireworks) and has a fire breathing dragon, not sure if this may be a bit scary for your little one.

I prefer to do character breakfasts on my last day. Goofy's Kitchen would be great on Tuesday, especially if CA Adventure doesn't open until 9 am or 10 am.

Hope this helps and your son has a great first birthday! pixiedust:
(All of this is obviously just my opinion :) )

I am not seeing Fantasmic times or World of Color times for any of these days. Probably not posted yet.

September is considered off season for DLR, so there will not be any fireworks or Fantasmic on Monday or Tuesday, though World of Color will play every night. If you want to see the fireworks or Fantasmic, it will have to be on that Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter