DAY ONE NOT GONE TOO WELL

We explained to DD that if we told Disney about her tapping and needing to move in specific ways they would let us go in smaller queues so she could do that and also not be in big crowds as much. Since then every time we use it we have described it as being a ride we can go on because we have DD. I didn’t even notice when they took her photo, she was outside on a bench and the cast member just did it on the ipad, no fuss. If the photo really is a problem they will take a photo of someone else in the party as long as that person always rides too.

They'd take a photo of someone else? That is just ripe for abuse! So, the person who has the DAS doesn't even have to ride if that is true - as they would have no way of knowing what that person looks like!

They'd take a photo of someone else? That is just ripe for abuse! So, the person who has the DAS doesn't even have to ride if that is true - as they would have no way of knowing what that person looks like!
Yes they will do this if the person is unwilling to have there picture taken and they do not have any form of ID like a child. I know for me the first time I had a DAS no picture was taken and I had to show my ID each time I want to ride a ride ( this was the old paper one and the CM put where the picture went to see ID). I have been behind a child at MK when they did the DAS at package pick up where the child was not going to have his picture taken so they did mom instead.

Yes I did explain photopass before we came - he saw Russell and was happy to have a picture - we tried at tree of life - no chance - and none today at DHS. However he then met Arneil at POFQ (who we talked about previously) and was thrilled and had a picture- DD thinks it's overload for his SPD.
Yay for Arneil - he is so special and amazing to all the guests at POFQ!

Last edited:
For some people with things like social anxiety or autism getting them to cooperate for a picture is very hit or miss. I have probably about 4 school photos of my son mean mugging the camera or in literal tears with snot running down his face because picture posing can be drama for him. So yeah, if for whatever reason he is already in a mood that morning, getting a pic of him could be an issue. But since he is at Disney probably not so much trouble as elsewhere. But at doctor's offices and such when they try to take his picture he will never smile, will look down etc and sometimes its hard even getting him to stand still long enough.

So it makes sense to have another solution to work with if the kid is not cooperating

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!