• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day Four - Lazy Day & The Palm

PurpleChick

Earning My Ears
Cast of characters
Me - 34 year old workaholic in desparate need of a vacation
DH - 37 year old kid at heart who does not like to be on a set schedule during vacation

Our Trip
We booked five nights at the Hard Rock Hotel (June 16-June 21)
Did not rent a car - used transtar and hotel shuttle
Purchased the four park flex ticket (USF, IOA, SeaWorld and Wet & Wild)
Chose five nights beacuse we wanted plenty of time to relax although you can see parks much faster with the express access

Day Four - Lazy Day & The Palm

By this time we really needed a break. Also DH had a sinus infection the whole time that we were here and I could tell he was not feeling all that great. I woke up early and went out by the pool and read so that DH could sleep in. I stopped at the express line at the sunset grill and got a coffee and apple fritter for $4. The apple fritter was so big I could not finish it.

Once DH woke up we headed to USF. We wanted to go on the Hanna-Barbera ride. The express line was not open. We asked the employee out front were to go and he just opened the gate in front of everyone. DH actually apologized to the people in line. The pre-show was kind of weird since one them died not to long ago but I can't remember which one. I still love this ride. I was disappointed in the gift shop though that they had very little Jetsons and Flinstones merchandise. Most of it was Scooby-Do.

Next I got stopped by a tele-marketer and made $10 taking a yogurt taste test. They actually had a whole shop set up in one of the buildings.

We walked around for a while but DH reallyd didn't feel like doing much. We didn't spend nearly as much time as I thought we would at USF. I guess because we had been there before and had never been to IOA. On the way out first we took a wrong turn and ended up in barneyville. Once we got back on track we saw the Marx brothers playing cards by the coffee shop on the way out. DH sat down and played a round with Groucho and I got a great picture.

We went to the express cafe at Pastamore for lunch. We both had pizza and it was nothing great. I was suprised at how small the inside restaurant where you eat dinner at Pastamore was. But then again most of dining rooms of the citywalk restaurants are actually quite small.

Then we headed over to IOA for the 12:30 Sinbad show. I really liked the show but I thought they could have done a better job of keeping you cool inside the theater. DH fell asleep through part of it due to the decongestant I made him take. Poor Guy.

We went back to HRH and went into the pool. DH and I finally decided to try the waterslide. We got up there and the lifeguard cut the line off right after us because another storm was coming in. I was suprised at how long the waterslide was. Wish I could have gone on it more.

Since it started raining at 3:00 and we had dinner reservations at the Palm at 7:00, I went back to the hotel and watched a move on PPV ($9.95) and DH napped.

DH had been to the Palm when he was at HRH in March and really wanted to take me. I made the reservations through the concierge that day and had no problems getting a table. I just found the restaurant lacking in atmosphere. We really enjoy this type of meal and have dished out some serious cash at the likes of Nick's Fish Market (Chicago), Ruth Chris' (Chicago) and Gallagher's (Las Vegas NY NY) but I just found the Palm lacking in something. DH and I split a three pound lobster tail ($20 per pound) and a filet $30. The filet was very good. The lobster was ordinary. My advice to anyone who goes here is to stick to the steak. The sides are big enough to share so we only ordered one. Also they are open for lunch if you would like to try the Palm without breaking the bank. Been there, done that - no need to go back.

After dinner DH and I were very let down. We went to the beach bar and played the trivia game for a while and then called it an early night.

Up Next: Wet & Wild and Portofino

I am just loving these reports! You and dh are way too cute (reminds me of me and my dh BK (before kids - we are married 20 yrs now)LOL.

How sweet is he to apologize to everyone for using FOTL?

Hope he felt better soon........

Gotta, go, have to read your next day's report.:bounce:

Thanks for the great reports!! We leave tonight and I can hardly wait. Oh, except I haven't really started packing yet!;) I guess I better get going. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter