Day at Epcot, now where to eat?

Hermosa11

<font color=deeppink>Have a good laugh and read th
I plan on a day at Epcot. I understand they close fairly early.
How difficult (time wise) is it to monoral oneself to another location for a dinner? Is it possible to try for a PS 92 days until trip? I probably should have done the PS two days ago, but I am backtracking now. I already got my PS for Whispering Canyon Breakfast, now gotta get up 4am (Pacific time) to get PS for another seating.
thanks!!!:earsgirl: :headache:

The World Showcase in Epcot has lots of fun restaurants, and usually closes at 9:00. I'd recommend planning dinner there on your Epcot day! My favorites here are Le Cellier (a steakhouse, in Canada), Marrakesh (in Morocco), and San Angel Inn (Mexico).

You could also stroll from Epcot to the Boardwalk. There, I'd try Flying Fish, Spoodles, or ESPN for dinner.

The monorail from Epcot will take you to the TTC (Ticket and Transportation Center). There are no restaurants there, but you can get another monorail there to take you to the Contemporary, Polynesian, or the Grand Floridian resorts. Each of these locations has interesting restaurants.

You can make PS at most WDW restaurants 90 out, but not more. However, the only PS you're likely to have trouble getting would be one for the breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. You should be able to make PSs for pretty much any other location without much trouble. I really wouldn't worry about waking up early to call for those.

There are LOTS of dining opportunities at Epcot's World Showcase -- almost too many to choose from. My DW and I love Restaurant Marrakesh (Morocco) and Le Cellier (Canada). Nine Dragons (China) has some very good dishes, also. I would definitely recommend trying at least 1 restaurant in WS for either lunch or dinner. It doesn't close until 9 p.m., but I'd have dinner BEFORE Illuminations. That is one show you should not miss!

EPCOT dining -

Hi!

It is just a thought, but if you are going to be at WDW for ten days (not taking any side trips) it might be nice to plan on two days for EPCOT, as the other posters have stated there is a great selection of dining options. We like Le Cellier also and the Clam Bake at the BC. Also there is so much to see and do at EPCOT it is great if one doesn't have to rush. PS's should not be hard to get. I'll echo the statement about not missing Illuminations. Have a most magical trip!! Bob

We love Epcot and the dining there is among the best in WDW.

Places we loved!:

Le Cellier (Lunch)
Les Chefs (dinner)
San Angel (lunch)
Teppanyaki (dinner)
Rose and Crown (dinner)
Marakkesh (dinner)

We also ate at Garden Grill once and thought it was ok, nothing to rush back for but decent food and good character interaction.

We always go to the teppanyaki in Japan at epcot. We've also visited the pastry shop in Norway (at least I think it was Norway) and had some nice treats there.

Next trip we may visit Rose & crown for some fish and chips.

We stay at Beach Club Villas and can recommend Spoodles (one of our favs) and Flying Fish (excellent food) for sit-down dinners. Also Beaches & Cream for yummy ice cream treats.

Easily accessible from Epcot or MGM.

way too many choices and they don't close THAT early! (I'm very curious what you consider "early" for dinner. We have two kids and we consider 7PM a "late" dinner LOL!)

Our favorites (because they are totally different from what we can easily find at home) are:

Restaurant Marrakesh (belly dancer, great, moderately-priced food)
Biergarten (oompah band, dancing, moderately-priced, delicious all-you-can-eat buffet, BIG beer)

Many recommend Akershus for the same reason I stated above. It was our least favorite of these three. Just not to our taste.

All three are open for lunch and dinner! I think you can make a PS as late as 8:30?

We are trying Rose & Crown this trip for the spectacular view of IllumiNations (7:30 PS)

Well, I thought I read the park closes around 8pm. I am used to being on vacation at Disneyland and going and going until it closes at midnight, even later if/when it closes at 1am. woo hoo. So, when I hear a park closes at 8pm (I could very well be wrong) , I say "bummer" ! heee hee I will check out "Rose and Crown" ?? thanks!!!:sunny: :wave2: :chat:

HI there!

My family just got back from disney world three days ago! We ate at San Angel Inn(grreat), Le Cellier(good),and snacked throughout world show case. The tacos at La Cantina were great , my kids loved them. I personally LOVED the Tangierne Cafe in Morraco, the best gyros and couscous salad in the world!!!! Don't forget the pastries in france-yum!!

Enjoy!!

I may just be "parroting" what others have said, but Epcot has some of the best restaurants on-property........definately the best restaurants of any of the parks. I'd eat elsewhere on other days but, I'd definitely eat IN Epcot on the day you plan to visit there.

The best of the best restaurants in Epcot are:

Teppanyaki - Japan
Le Cellier Steakhouse - Canada
Biergarten - Germany (a great show goes along with the buffet-meal)
San Angel Inn - Mexico
Garden Grill - Future World

If you feel you have to leave Epcot to eat, consider simply walking (or taking the short boat ride) over to Disney's Boardwalk and eat at The Flying Fish or The Big River Grill & Brewing Works.

:sunny:

yum yum. Eating my way around Epcot & the world showcase

Every trip we plan at WDW, we start with where do we want to eat. Here is my journey with comments

Canada; one of our absolute favorites. We have actually had trouble getting PS one year, when there were disney top mgmt meetings being held at WDW (got some good info evesdropping in the ladies room, though). Le Cellier, california grill & V&A were almost impossible to get into that trip.

UK; food OK but Illuminations patio seating is AWESOME:hyper:

France: very good only did lunch here. But we also stop at the bakery at least twice during our stays. Eclairs & Napoleons

Morroco; Good. for mom the belly dancer was not that entertaining. I never would have had the courage to try a Morrocan restaurant any where else.

Japan; Tepanyaki good food, great entertainment watching it prepared. I couldn't relax though cause the 4 year old at our table kept trying to get up on the table with the hot grill

US; Burgers & hot dogs for lunch

Germany; Used to be better before buffet. We have a better german restaurant in our home town. Entertainment is Fun

Italy; missed this one so far. I don't travel all the way to WDW to eat Italian food I can get a zillion places at home.

China; see Italy

Norway; used to be one of our absolute favorites. I found out I LOVED mashed rutabaga (surprised me). Desserts are GREAT.

Mexico; We're from Texas.... see Italy

In future world

We actually used to eat at the Odessey when it was a restaurant. nice place to escape the heat & crowds. too bad it's not a restaurant any more.

Electric Umbrella; best burgers I've ever eaten at a counter in WDW (must be just lucky)

Garden Grill; Our very first trip to WDW years and years ago, this was a nice sit down restaurant that specialized in serving food grown in the disney green houses . It was the best quality food we had on that trip..... 10 years ago.
Now it is a nice character meal. food is standard but get the dirt for dessert.

Land Food Court; great fast food place to take pickey eaters who can't agree.

Coral Reef; Expensive for what you get. Quality has been inconsistant over the years. SOmetimes it is one of the best places we ate, sometimes so-so. But the fish tank is Awesome.
So where are my PS for our next Trip?

Le Cellier, Boma (first time), Liberty Tree (got to have a character dinner) & Brown Derby.
:tongue:

Have you thought of taking a bus to Downtown Disney for some night life after Epcot closes at 9? (I still recommend eating in Epcot before closing, but don't miss IllumiNations! so actually, you'd be leaving around 9:20).

There are wonderful places to stay up "late." Our favorites are Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse. Midnight fireworks every night!

edit- oh, I can't tell you how to get back to your timeshare afterwards. You'll have to look into that. Will you have a car?

definitely make PS...one night we went into Japan for dinner without one and wound up walking through EPCOT at 11PM to get back to the room. Which is pretty interesting but Illuminations would have been more entertaining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter