Day 8 – 13th July, up and away we are heading home

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Day 8 – 13th July, up and away we are heading home

Cast members

Me – Disney fanatic - I stomped through Disneyland Paris in 1997, since why come to a theme park when you’re in Paris, yes really!
Diane (DP) – Long suffering Disney widow, buts loves it all anyway
Morgan (DD) – 7 year old Disney fan. Favourites BTM, Pirates of the Caribbean
Jack (DS) – 5 year old Disney, Star Wars and Power Rangers fan. Favourite Autopia
Robyn (DD) – 3 year old Disney fan. Loves parades and Casey Jr

Last day is normally met with sad faces, as we are covered by a heavy cloud. Surprisingly even though we are sad to be leaving everyone is quite upbeat.

All of us head over to the breakfast hut for our last breakfast. Troop ensure that the CM knows that they carry a box home each ;)

Since our flights are not until later on we decide to see what choice would be preferred – Val d’Europe or Panoramagique.
It is no contest as only Morgan and I are keen to go on balloon. :(

We check-out easily and say our last farewell to the Ranch; although I’m sure we’ll be back.

f30b04de.jpg

As we arrive at Val d’Europe the balloon is spotted in the sky, so you guessed it we about turn and head for our usual parking at HNY :)

All five of us queue and I can feel the trepidation of the others.

Well what can I say :love: This is a brilliant new attraction. To see the whole resort is spectacular.

f30b04ff.jpg

Here's one for you Becky and Nicola

f30b04fa.jpg

And I had to put this up, since it was Morgan's favourite ride

f30b04ee.jpg

Last walk around the village and it has been decided that we have left a space or two in the bags – so those are promptly filled with some extra purchases.

Lunch is at New York Style Sandwiches where we sit out with our paninis enjoying the sun.

All too soon we head back to CDG and hand over the hire car with little delay.

Now thankfully because we think we might have needed longer we are at the airport with masses of time. We needed this due to the extra security measures and delays that naturally this entails.

The journey home is uneventful and we are lifting the sleeping troops into their beds from the car at 10.30pm.

Reid

Reid,

I've loved reading all about your holiday.

Re the balloon - is it nice and smooth or bumpy and jerky? I avoided it because I thought it might be the latter. I won't sit in the front of the Flying Carpet ride because I don't want anyone else having control of the stick in the back seat that makes the carpet wobble when you're up!

The pictures are fantastic.

Joanne

Oh Reid, I have loved reading your trip reports, I am quite sad they are over.:sad1:

Glad you enjoyed the ranch, it certainly sounds a lovely place to stay.

Joanne UK said:
the balloon - is it nice and smooth or bumpy and jerky? I avoided it because I thought it might be the latter.
Joanne
I'd say very smooth. Only bump is at the landing but not enough to put anyone off.

Reid

It's been a very entertaining and informative read from a very entertaining and informative Reid!!! Loved the photos too.

hi

these are really great photos. I am inspired to go up next time we vist as I am dying to see those views. Thanks very much for sharing them

Nikki

Great series of reports Reid, I really enjoyed reading them.

Useless trvia #5567 - New York Style Sandwiches is where we had our first ever ever DLRP dining experience :teeth:

Thanks for evryone's comments. Glad you enjoyed reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them. :)

Reid

Great trip report Reid- looks like your kids had a wonderful time despite illness!

Its interesting how peoples reports could be about a completely different park depending if they have kids/young kids - who'd know you could get turned upside down several times in the park you visited! Or who'd know you could get sick on IASW without kids!

missj171 said:
Its interesting how peoples reports could be about a completely different park depending if they have kids/young kids - who'd know you could get turned upside down several times in the park you visited!

I'm sure at subsequent visits one or both of us will have to join the kids to be turned upside. The thing is neither of us are that desperate to be first :rotfl:

Reid

Reid - wonderful shots from the balloon! Nice to see you keeping the HNY Fan Club Founders happy ;)

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. I am quite sad it had ended.

It is a lot of work doing Trippies, but wonderful when they are completed to look back on I found :)

Miffy2003 said:
Nice to see you keeping the HNY Fan Club Founders happy ;)

Forgot to mention thanks for that Reid from one of the fellow HNY Club Founders ;)

I've really enjoyed your trippie Reid, it sounds like you all had a great time and I loved the pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter