Day 40 - 40 Days Till 8 Night Split Stay

DVC_Dreamer

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
40 Day Pre-Trip Report

Last year for our first DVC stay at BLT, I did a 30 day pre-trip report. I had so much fun writing for 30 days straight that I'm back for 40 days. :cool1:
40 days sounds like a religious experience. <Just like going to WDW is for us>:)

Split Stay

I lobbied for the split stay. DW and DD fell in love with BLT during our last August 8 night stay. When DW finds something she likes, that's it. I knew I had my work cut out for me if I wanted to experience a different DVC resort. After we finally decided on when we could go (June, end of high school year), we compromised on a split stay. I believe I won this argument because DW is torn between loving BLT and experiencing all DVC properties.

Where To Stay?

We want to try all the DVC resorts. When we decided to buy DVC, location was our #1 priority. DW and I stayed 3 times at BC and one time at Swan. We love the Boardwalk resorts. Like my previous comment (creatures of habit), she was leaning BCV resale. I was leaning BWV for cost. We lucked out on a good "Black Friday" BLT deal and jumped on it. Bottom line for this trip is we're doing 3 nights at BLT & 5 nights at BWV. (details coming tomorrow on making reservation)

Split Stay Issues?

DW likes to unpack before she does anything else. I know, tough to do when you arrive at noon and room is not ready till 4-5pm. As soon as we enter room, she likes to unpack. I'm a guy. Listen to Brad Paisley's song "I'm Still A Guy" and you've got a good description of me. I could live out of my suitcase and throw old clothes on the floor like I'm still in college. The thought of staying 3 nights and then packing up to move is against DW's DNA. Compound that with the possibility of our stuff not making it over to BWV on time and she's rather uncomfortable with the split stay idea. We're long time Disboard readers. We've read the negative stories.

Tell me, what's been your experience with split DVC stays?

My August 2011 Trip Report

Hello! Just hit the 20 day mark for us. :cool1: We are doing a split stay 3 night AKV 5 night BLT (first time at BLT). What worked really well on our last split stay was to merge suitcases among everyone so we could have a separate set of bags for each segment. Put toiletries and the like in the first set. That set then becomes dirty laundry when you leave, put the toiletries on top. You then unpack the first bags first segment, second bag segment plus toiletries second seegment, and voila! :thumbsup2. If she's that into arranging, she's probably an excellent packer, everything just stays all nice and neat in the second set of bags. Hope that helps!

Hello! Just hit the 20 day mark for us. :cool1: We are doing a split stay 3 night AKV 5 night BLT (first time at BLT). What worked really well on our last split stay was to merge suitcases among everyone so we could have a separate set of bags for each segment. Put toiletries and the like in the first set. That set then becomes dirty laundry when you leave, put the toiletries on top. You then unpack the first bags first segment, second bag segment plus toiletries second seegment, and voila! :thumbsup2. If she's that into arranging, she's probably an excellent packer, everything just stays all nice and neat in the second set of bags. Hope that helps!

I've passed your strategy over to DW. She's our master of packing and planning.

Any trouble with Disney moving bags for you?
Thanks

I've passed your strategy over to DW. She's our master of packing and planning.

Any trouble with Disney moving bags for you?
Thanks

Must admit that I too am a bit of a control freak - lol. We've always gotten a taxi and moved our own bags, but I have read many reports of DVCers having bell services move them for them with no issues...

Doing a split stay in July. First @ BLT studio then over to BWV in a 1bedroom.

I will be using bell services to send my bags over to Boardwalk. Just remember that you will not have access to your bags until around 3pm so any necessities put in a backpack to take with you.

Looking to utilize the lounge to view fireworks at BLT.

Love the convenience to walk out the back of Epcot and be "home"!
Also, an easy walk to DHS.

Enjoy your trip

Doing a split stay in July. First @ BLT studio then over to BWV in a 1bedroom.

I will be using bell services to send my bags over to Boardwalk. Just remember that you will not have access to your bags until around 3pm so any necessities put in a backpack to take with you.

Looking to utilize the lounge to view fireworks at BLT.

Love the convenience to walk out the back of Epcot and be "home"!
Also, an easy walk to DHS.

Enjoy your trip

Yes, by doing a split stay with BLT & BWV, we get the convenience of walking into/out of 3 parks. It's very cool just hanging around both the MK and Boardwalk areas. Backpacking one day is fine with me for the advantage. We've never stayed at BWV before and can't wait to try it out. 3pm comes fast when cruising EPCOT. Thanks

While a split stay can be a little bit of a hassle on moving day, I love it because you can try more DVC resorts that way. We've done a few and I love them, but DH hates the split stay. He likes to just settle in and stay put.

I'm excited for you!

While a split stay can be a little bit of a hassle on moving day, I love it because you can try more DVC resorts that way. We've done a few and I love them, but DH hates the split stay. He likes to just settle in and stay put.

I'm excited for you!

Thank you!

DW is on the fence. She loves BLT and staying put also. On the other hand, she does want to try all the properties. I really hope this split stay goes smoothly. :)

We have done two split stays and have one coming up. I am still trying to decide how I feel about them, although I don't think I am a fan. Our first was split 4/4 AKK (2BR) and BLT (LV-Studio). Our second was 5/4 BWV-BW view (1BR) and GF (standard room). Our upcoming trip is 4/5 AKV-CL and BLT (both 2BR). Unfortunately, our first two split stays were going from a large room to a smaller room, which is not ideal, but was unavoidable. At least with this next trip, our 2BR at BLT will be a little larger than the 2BR at AKV-CL. Split stays are certainly a nice way to try different resorts, and the way you are doing it, you can front load your trip with MK time and save Epcot/HS time for when you are at BWV.

My biggest issue with the split stay is that we like to unpack and then be done until we are ready to leave. With the split stays so far, I have never felt unpacked. Granted, we have an OL, and getting that thing re-packed once on a trip is a challenge, but doing it twice is a real pain! I don't think I would do a split stay if we were going to WDW for fewer than 7 days. I am really looking forward to our December trip at Kidani, where we get to stay for 8 straight nights.

I am sure that split stays will be in our future, but I will make sure that we move to the larger room and that there is a very good reason for switching rooms.

We have done two split stays and have one coming up. I am still trying to decide how I feel about them, although I don't think I am a fan. Our first was split 4/4 AKK (2BR) and BLT (LV-Studio). Our second was 5/4 BWV-BW view (1BR) and GF (standard room). Our upcoming trip is 4/5 AKV-CL and BLT (both 2BR). Unfortunately, our first two split stays were going from a large room to a smaller room, which is not ideal, but was unavoidable. At least with this next trip, our 2BR at BLT will be a little larger than the 2BR at AKV-CL. Split stays are certainly a nice way to try different resorts, and the way you are doing it, you can front load your trip with MK time and save Epcot/HS time for when you are at BWV.

My biggest issue with the split stay is that we like to unpack and then be done until we are ready to leave. With the split stays so far, I have never felt unpacked. Granted, we have an OL, and getting that thing re-packed once on a trip is a challenge, but doing it twice is a real pain! I don't think I would do a split stay if we were going to WDW for fewer than 7 days. I am really looking forward to our December trip at Kidani, where we get to stay for 8 straight nights.

I am sure that split stays will be in our future, but I will make sure that we move to the larger room and that there is a very good reason for switching rooms.

You've done split stays on multiple trips so I guess it can work. You've noticed our strategy to stay close to 3 parks on one trip.
Appreciate you perspective. Can't wait for the adventure to begin.
Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!