Day 39 - The Reservation

DVC_Dreamer

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
Pre-Trip Report - 39 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

Will we ever take advantage of the 11 month window?

The 11 month window is the reason you purchase where you do. This our second reservation and we made it in mid-December for a mid-June stay. We couldn't make up our minds when we could go. Our kids are 16, 18 and 20. I was sure our 20 year old would not go this time. I was glad he went last year but he's "on his own" now. High School schedule impacts our 16 year old. We knew we wanted to go before August because we bought 2 annual passes for DW and I. We only bought two because we were not even sure anyone else would go this year. In the end, there's eight of us going. :yay:

DW didn't even want to get on phone with CM

DW is our WDW champion. At the 7 month window, I figured we better call and see what's available. It was a Saturday and I called. DW was doing dishes. She kept an ear to what I was saying. She reluctantly agreed to a split stay and I was gathering info. They had BLT 2 bedrooms for last week of June but it was spotty. AKL and BWV had some time too. I really want to stay at AKL but Boardwalk area is a favorite spot of mine. DW's curiosity got the better of her and she took control of the phone. As it turned out, the week before had more availability. I'm guessing many schools are not out for Summer yet or it's tight. We booked a 3 night stay at BLT, lake view, and 4 nights, Preferred Garden, at BWV.

So much fun talking with CM

We had so much fun booking the reservation. Isn't it part of the magic? No idea why we hesitate to call just to check availability. With the new website reservation, I wonder if we'll miss that interaction? I swear we were on the phone for 45 minutes.

Immediate panic

We had not hung up the phone 10 minutes and we were worried. We booked this vacation very close to the end of school year with no regard for snow days. If our son goes over allotted snow days, they'll have to stay in school later to make up the missed snow days. Fortunately, it seems we're safe with that now. :)

Why not one more day?

Not sure why we booked only 7 days at first. Worried about the points, I guess. We're borrowing into 2013 as it is. The more we thought about coming home on Saturday with one more day of vacation left, the more it bothered us. In February, we called to extend to 8 nights. We tried all kinds of combinations but BLT was tough to book. We wanted 4 in BLT and 4 in BWV. In the end, we got our BWV extended one more day. :cool1:

Since my butt is on the line with choosing BWV, please tell me how wonderful it is. Tell me about the Garden Preferred. What's the chance we can get Boardwalk view? It's the same rate, correct?
Thanks

BWV is wonderful. :goodvibes The preferred view is lovely. Either pool or garden view. Village Green is great and you can sometimes get a little bit of a BW view if you're lucky. Maybe request that.

You are in for a wonderful vacation. It will be here before you know it. Enjoy!

BWV is wonderful. :goodvibes The preferred view is lovely. Either pool or garden view. Village Green is great and you can sometimes get a little bit of a BW view if you're lucky. Maybe request that.

You are in for a wonderful vacation. It will be here before you know it. Enjoy!

At BLT, we were concerned about the view because it was not MK view when we stayed last August. Totally enjoyed our room and lake view at BLT. It was awesome. I'm not expecting much of a view at BWV. I hope I have the same experience and pleasantly surprised.
Thanks for the advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!