Davy Crockett

wilki32

Mouseketeer
Hello
Thinking of taking my DW, DD (11) and parents who have never experienced Disney. Dad is 76 and Mum is 70 this year.
Any thoughts on how suitable Davy Crocketts is and what it like, does it still have the Disney feel, is it a pain having to drive to the park, is parking free etc
Thanks
Anthony

I stayed in Davy Crockett 5 years ago and loved it! It still has a lot of Disney magic to it, and it's really lovely to have your own cabin in the middle of the woods.

Parking's free, and it's a very short drive to the parks. In some ways we preferred driving, because it meant there was no long walk back to the hotel at the end of the day.

My only complaint would be that there's a lot of walking to be done if you end up at the far end. It's quite a treck to get to the pool and restaurant.

We're off to Davy Crockett Ranch for first time in July.
Reason is with DD (7), DS (5) and DD (3) we needed room for 5 people.
Only options; apart from expensive suites or 2 rooms, was MyTravel Explore or the Ranch.
If you are going after this can let you know how we get on :)

Reid

We're going to DC in June & really looking forward to it. A 2 bed-room cabin would be ideal for your family, though one couple would have to sleep on the bed in the lounge. We've used this in previous years & found it very comfortable. This will be our 1st visit in a 2 bed-roomed so ask any questions when we get back.

Being far-away from the pool etc isn't a problem we take the car or ride the small train.

driving to the parks is very quick, in previous visits we've come back in afternoon for a swim. The only draw back is that if you eat in Disney village, driver can't have a drink. Not a problem for me & DH copes!

Parking at the parks is free.

The pool at Davy Crockett is brilliant & worth staying there for!

Disney feel? we've wonderful photos of our youngest 2 dancing with Mickey & woody on an evening( when they were much younger) Characters appear at certain times throughout the day. & when we've been in June it's never crowded to see them.

Ask any more questions especially after we get back, going to France this Sat can't wait!

Thanks for the replies.
I take it there's no bus service to and from DC. My only worry is that my parents will get tired quickly, even though they are fitter than me their age can catch up on them.
Where is the cheapest place to book, have had a price direct from Disney for £905 and £189 to thru the tunnel with a car.
Thanks again
Anthony

Disney Owl - I'll definitely be asking lots of questions since July will be our first visit to DC. DP is interested to know whether we have shower or bath in out 2 bed cabin?

Anthony - sorry I can't help with cheapest since we went through Shareholders club to get accomodation deal only, as we have annual passes.

Reid

We booked direct with Disney as they were the cheapest but have only booked accomodation as we will already be in France.

Found a firm that would price match but not willing to go any cheaper than Disney, or give any freebies

Definately no bus service from the camp, you have to use your car

Hi,

there is a bathroom with a tub and shower inside, and a seperated toilett at the cabins.

Greets Renate
:wizard:

Renate

thanks. Bathing kids at end of night is part of their wind-down route, while we would prefer a shower in the morning.
Best of both worlds, perfect :)

Reid

Don't you just love this site, ask a question, it's answered and you then get even more info, thanks again.

Disney Owl looks like we'll book through Disney, does the price include entrance to the parks?

Anthony

Yes the price we paid is for a 2 bed-roomed cabin for 4 nights, take-away breakfast & tickets for park entrance for 5 days.

My only gripe is that I've had to pay for 4 adults. DD is 14 & DS is 12 !!!!!!!!

Just remembered that there is no shampoo or shower gel at the cabins..only soap :rotfl: but they give you a little sponge and tabletts for the dishwasher.

Greets Renate :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter