Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

That is a concern. In the email, David's twice states that any decision does not affect the 30% I will get on the day of the reservation. I would not think that David's would violate the agreement and not send me the 30%.

Just this morning, David's notified me that the person holding a February reservation does not want to go and if I would be willing to allow them to find a new family to put on the reservation. They would pay me $1 per point for my troubles, if they can find a new family to take the res.

I can see on David's site that there are already 4 reservations listed for the same days (same resort and room). I wonder if they would be able to find a new family.

After reading this thread I am nervous too about changing anything since this was on the old agreement with Davids and the renter. If I do nothing I still get my 30% in Feb when the reservation hits.

FWIW whether or not they find a new family is on them... when I was allowed to relist one of my two reservations for this past October I ended up dropping it to $3 per point less than the other exact one on their site, taking the $60 reduced refund. It worked; after that it was gone in a couple of days.

Something was up with the second one... Davids' said the owner had not gotten back to them so I thought I was stuck, but then I got an email 9 days out from check-in saying that one had been taken as well. Since the owners hadn't responded by the time I'd inquired about lowering the price, it was sold at the original per point price minus their fee. It was a huge relief and I'm grateful to the owners.

I had two bookings they asked me to change. It took less than 5 minutes on an online chat and I got $1 extra per point for doing it! David's are doing so much to help everyone, so it was good to not only assist the original renter but to be given more money for doing so!

That is a concern. In the email, David's twice states that any decision does not affect the 30% I will get on the day of the reservation. I would not think that David's would violate the agreement and not send me the 30%.

Most people who have decided to change things have not posted any issues. However, he did some owners an extra $2/pt for the changes.

I think it’s up to you and comfort level with it but even the latest contract with renters seems to have taken out the requirements for owners to reimburse for closure...that only appears in new owners contract which does not get updated, so it is not as risky as it originally appeared to be.

So this is interesting.... on a social media Aulani group, a renter rented 3 studios for Xmas and cancelled with David. She has an email verifyi g vouchers. She is still getting calls from Aulani regarding her future stay. She says she got the credit without any expectation of rebooking reservation in another name. I’m guessing he’s just letting this be a no show? But why? He still has to pay the owner and now owes 3 Xmas week studios worth of vouchers. It makes no sense.... unless bankruptcy is looming and he’s like, eh whatever?

So this is interesting.... on a social media Aulani group, a renter rented 3 studios for Xmas and cancelled with David. She has an email verifyi g vouchers. She is still getting calls from Aulani regarding her future stay. She says she got the credit without any expectation of rebooking reservation in another name. I’m guessing he’s just letting this be a no show? But why? He still has to pay the owner and now owes 3 Xmas week studios worth of vouchers. It makes no sense.... unless bankruptcy is looming and he’s like, eh whatever?
Or maybe it is just incompetence.

Doesn’t make sense at all. The owner won’t cancel them because it puts them in breach of the contract so those will continue to stay until canceled as a no show.

Obviously he has decided to allow vouchers for Aulani as this is not the first report I have seen. Maybe he doesn’t have a ton of renters at that resort and can absorb the vouchers for those that ask to not go?

From what I have read elsewhere, those options are not being give to WDW resorts. It is use or lose, especially for 2021....of course, he could have changed that too.

So I had two bookings in Sept 2020 changed them to Jan at renters request. Now one of them can’t go and I am being asked to change the name if they can sell the booking. No problem will do that. It is a shame they left it so late I would have changed it again if requested. Looked and there are so many listings!

So I had two bookings in Sept 2020 changed them to Jan at renters request. Now one of them can’t go and I am being asked to change the name if they can sell the booking. No problem will do that. It is a shame they left it so late I would have changed it again if requested. Looked and there are so many listings!
I hope they find someone but it’s gonna be hard luck for sure !

I hope they find someone but it’s gonna be hard luck for sure !

as long as they are willing to lower the price, it should. I told a friend to lower her price by a few dollars and it rented out quickly. She only lost 50% rather than 100%

Reactions: cm8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!