Daughters who have lost their Mother

As Mothers day draws near, its a day that is hard to bear. Thankfully I am not a Mom but rather a Mom to my fur babies. My DH celebrates Wifes Day on the Saturday before Mothers day. He says I still do all the duties a Mom does but I do them as a wife and now as a Mom to our fur babies. So he will take me out to dinner on Sat. and I get a card from the fur babies. And like wise for Fathers day we celebrates "Husbands day" the Sat. before fathers day.

For Mothers day I like to buy a very nice bouquet of flowers for Mom. Think about how we use to spend the Mothers day and reflect a bit.

May you all find comfort in some special way as Mothers day approaches. Hugs to each and every one of you.

I wish my Mom were here now. I have a burn blister on my back from using a heating pad on my hurting back and could use her advise and comfort.

Your husband sounds very kind. I'm sorry you are really missing your mom right now. Hope your back heals soon.

My dad always bought my sister and I little corsages to wear on Mother's day so we wouldn't feel "left out" because of the orchid he would buy for my mom. Very old school, but in a sweet way. Maybe I will buy him flowers and thank him for that memory. Thank you for making me think of it.

I'm glad I found this thread. It's been just over a year since my mom died from early onset Alzheimer's. It was a terrible journey that i wouldn't wish on anyone. The strange thing is that I think the anniversary of her death was harder than the day it happened. I suppose adrenaline kicked in and I was also grateful she was no longer struggling. Now it's been enough time that I really feel the loss of the person she was before she got sick. The run up to Mother's Day is also making it really painful.

Here's a photo of her from our very first ride on our very first trip to the Magic Kingdom. She is with my little brother. I might delete it later, but it is helping me to share about her here.

2896470402_a1a5320248.jpg

Thank you for listening. I'm going to go back now and read back in the thread so I know your stories.

What a nice picture. I can see how it can be more painfull later in some ways. I am still grappling with the whole sense of reality. My mom was very ill for quite some time and I was with her as she passed but it seems so unreal. Mother's Day will always be hard. However my husband and son have a day planned for me that starts with going to my dads. He had mom cremated and has her cremains. After that they have plans for the day. :grouphug:

As Mothers day draws near, its a day that is hard to bear. Thankfully I am not a Mom but rather a Mom to my fur babies. My DH celebrates Wifes Day on the Saturday before Mothers day. He says I still do all the duties a Mom does but I do them as a wife and now as a Mom to our fur babies. So he will take me out to dinner on Sat. and I get a card from the fur babies. And like wise for Fathers day we celebrates "Husbands day" the Sat. before fathers day.

For Mothers day I like to buy a very nice bouquet of flowers for Mom. Think about how we use to spend the Mothers day and reflect a bit.

May you all find comfort in some special way as Mothers day approaches. Hugs to each and every one of you.

I wish my Mom were here now. I have a burn blister on my back from using a heating pad on my hurting back and could use her advise and comfort.

:grouphug: what a sweet husband. It's only been 2 months without my mom and it's very hard

Thanks Everyone... just reading your posts.. makes me feel not so alone. I'm kinda jealous inside of the Mother's Day card my husband sent his mom..crazy ha?

Thanks Everyone... just reading your posts.. makes me feel not so alone. I'm kinda jealous inside of the Mother's Day card my husband sent his mom..crazy ha?

Not crazy at all! I buy every card for our household - all birthdays, holidays, graduations, weddings, everything. But, DH knows he has to buy his own Mother's Day and Father's Day cards. I tried once and just started bawling in Hallmark. Not a pretty sight.

I don't have a mother (or a father) and we weren't blessed with children so I'm not a mother; so Mother's Day has nothing for me and I avoid it. My mom's birthday would have been tomorrow and her mother's the day after. They always fell on or near Mother's Day. I hate May. Luckily, my wonderful DH understands. We do brunch with his mother the weekend before or the weekend after. It's easier for me to not be in a restaurant surrounded by beaming mothers and their children.

It does get easier with time, but losing your mom is not something you ever truly get "over" and, honestly, I don't think you should.

I lost my mother ten years ago and not a day goes by that I don't think of her. Everything reminds me of her. Smells, sounds, things that I see. I sure do miss her.

My mom passed away soon after Mothers Day last year, so this will be my first without her. I know it will hurt. On the positive side I will be at WDW with my sister, son daughter-in-law, and two granddaughters. I'm hoping it won't hurt as much.

In September it will be 2 years since my mother passed away unexpectedly from a massive heart attack. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her, but it has been worse these last few weeks as our Disney trip gets closer. My hubby, myself and 9 year old daughter will be going in July to celebrate our 10 years of marriage. The reason it has been a little harder is because our last trip my mom and I planned (and she treated us too) She was determined to visit Disney with her only grandchild. So planning has been hard without her! I know she will be with us in spirit but I love and miss her so much!

I lost my mom in May of 2010. My sister and I went to Disney that July and we had a great trip. People would ask why we were taking a trip so soon after, and we replied that our mom would have wanted us to go, as Disney World was one of her favorite places. Sometimes Disney is more than just a vacation, sometimes it's therapy. I'll never forget my first trip to Disney with my mom, sister and aunt, because it was one of the best :flower3: Nice thread.

June 21ST was 19 years since I lost my Mom. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. And my Dad too.
Nancy princess:

I lost my mom in January 2011. She was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in December 2010 and six weeks later she was gone. She was 63. I don't care how short/long you had your mom, losing her SUCKS big time. She was my sounding board. She'd share her wisdom, point of view, opinions, advice. Some I'd listen to/take, more I'd just ignore and regardless, she'd stand there in support of me even when she didn't necessarily agree with the path I'd chosen.

I've been really missing her lately. The last time I was at Disney was with her and my older DDs. Now, we're planning a trip with the two littlest. My cousin sent the littlest Disney care packages. I like to think my mom was working through her as it's something I know my mom would have done.

Hugs to you all.

I saw this thread referred to in another thread, so I hope you don't mind me hopping in for some support. My mother is still alive, but has been lost to drugs, alcohol, crime, and mental illness. We haven't had much contact since just before my 18th birthday; I'll be 35 in January. As a cocky teen, I disguised the pain of her being "gone" by being angry. Pretending like it didn't matter and that my life was easier without constantly fighting over how I felt a mother should act was only a facade. I was mad that she couldn't be the mom I knew growing up. I mourned the love I no longer had in my life, and didn't understand why I wasn't important enough for her to kick her habits. The rejection hurt and I missed her being there. But when I invite her to be part of my life, the reality of who she is and her hatred toward me for "ruining her life" (she was a teen when she had me) hurts more than her being absent from my life. And of course, inevitably, I end up mad at myself as well for wanting something that's not there.

I'm feeling sad and really missing that mother-daughter connection that we had when I was a kid. I'm insanely jealous of friends and classmates who have this strong connection to their mothers, because it's not something I have. Now that DH and I are trying to have kids, it's even stronger. It's kind of weird talking to my dad about having a miscarriage, although he takes it like a champ and has been an amazing source of support throughout this whole ordeal. I am somewhat dreading the moment when we ARE pregnant and ready to announce it because I want my mom to be there. She won't be, though. I don't know where she'll be, and I'm sad for the life she'll be missing out on by choice. I think that's what hurts most. So, apologies if this doesn't really "fit", but as I'm trying to become a mother myself, the loss is just staring me in the face.

I saw this thread referred to in another thread, so I hope you don't mind me hopping in for some support. My mother is still alive, but has been lost to drugs, alcohol, crime, and mental illness. We haven't had much contact since just before my 18th birthday; I'll be 35 in January. As a cocky teen, I disguised the pain of her being "gone" by being angry. Pretending like it didn't matter and that my life was easier without constantly fighting over how I felt a mother should act was only a facade. I was mad that she couldn't be the mom I knew growing up. I mourned the

Dear Friend,

I don't know if your mom is really missing out by "choice", she has addiction and mental illness...I'm so sorry for your pain. I'm sure you will be a great mom..

Susan

Lost my mom April of 2013. I think of her often. She died from complications of Alzheimer's / dementia she was 63 :(

Lost my mom April of 2013. I think of her often. She died from complications of Alzheimer's / dementia she was 63 :(

Wendy,
I am sorry for your loss. Your Mom's illness must have been very difficult. Sending caring thoughts your way,
Ginny

When I lost my mother
Christmas , Easter, Vacations, life was never the same. It changed us all forever! But she did live to raise her family! That was always her wish! So... God did bless her and us with what time we had with each other and special memories that I will always cherish! I still miss her and would have loved to talk to her about things over the yrs.

I lost my best friend that day!

No matter how long or short ago we lost our moms, it still sucks. The hole left by her loss will always be there. We just learn to live with it. :grouphug:

I lost my mom this past July 2nd. :sad2: It's still seems like yesterday, even though it's been almost 2 months. I walk into my parents house expecting to see her oxygen cord and her asking how work was. Even though I knew she was on borrowed time (she was really sick last Thanksgiving and Christmas), and these last 6 months were a blessing, it was still hard to get that phone call. I'm a single mother and was the primary caregiver to both my mom and dad. Mom had end stage COPD and dad was recently diagnosed with beginning dementia. My sister is completely out of the picture and verbally attacked me after mom's passing.

I miss my mom every day. But I think about all the good memories I have and that helps.

Glad I found this thread.

Jennifer

I lost my mom this past July 2nd. :sad2: It's still seems like yesterday, even though it's been almost 2 months. I walk into my parents house expecting to see her oxygen cord and her asking how work was. Even though I knew she was on borrowed time (she was really sick last Thanksgiving and Christmas), and these last 6 months were a blessing, it was still hard to get that phone call. I'm a single mother and was the primary caregiver to both my mom and dad. Mom had end stage COPD and dad was recently diagnosed with beginning dementia. My sister is completely out of the picture and verbally attacked me after mom's passing.

I miss my mom every day. But I think about all the good memories I have and that helps.

Glad I found this thread.

Jennifer

HUGS to Jennifer

my mom passed on Christmas Day... I too think and (talk) to her everyday.

Take Care
Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!