Date night & Disney Springs options... it's been a while

KarenAylwood

<font color=red>It wouldn't be the holidays withou
I've been to Disney dozens of times but twice so far with my DH. We're going with my parents and two DSs (5 and 1) in May. We are going to do a date night without kids (yippee!). Last time all of us visited together 3 years ago we did Chefs de France for our date night. When he and I came for our 1 year anniversary 6+ years ago, we went to California Grill and loved it. I went six years in a row on Free Dining so I feel like I've been everywhere and want something special, but I've only been twice since 2009 so I haven't seen much that's "new."

We're staying at BLT, no dining plan. I believe we'll do Chef Mickeys one morning with everyone and won't do many table service meals at all. Our 1 year old is the pits in a restaurant.

I need to come up with a short list of places for DH to pick from (I'm using allears.net for the menus). I've got Narcoossee's (I've never been), Jiko (also never been) and CG. I really wanted a Disney Springs option. I looked at the list and I barely know any of them! We did do Wolfgang Puck on our trip 6 years ago so I'd like to avoid that one. I've been to Raglan Road before as well and am ruling that one out.

Help me pick other options to put on the list! I'm going to let him pick the final one. As much as I love CG I'm thinking I might want something new.

If you decide to stay at the Contemporary, I highly recommend you try The Wave. If headed over to Disney Springs, we really like Morimoto Asia, very pretty and romantic (we've even seen a proposal up on the second floor).

I'm not a huge fan of Narcoosee's after having two long, expensive, messed up meals there, but the atmosphere is lovely, the view of the fireworks is great and it would be convenient to BLT. I would consider Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. I think it's one of the best signatures on property and the Boardwalk is a lot of fun at night. Jiko is great (AKL is gorgeous) or if you want to go into a park, Tiffins is good, too. If you aren't on the dining plan, take a look at bluezoo at the Dolphin and Il Mulino at the Swan. If you like sushi, Kimono's at the Swan is good, too. At DS, we like the Boathouse.

I haven't experienced it yet, but I've been told the upper deck lounge on the paddlefish is great.
My wife and I like Jock Lindsey's, though it's more of a tapas menu. There is usually some entertainment outside. The best part of the Springs is you can just walk around a bit and window shop with an adult beverage in hand, just enjoying each others company without worry about getting to fast pass, or some other ride.

California Grill and Jiko are 2 of our favorites.
At DS, there are many great options depending on what you like.
Morimotos is really good, Raglan Road is a lot of fun.
For drinks, Wine Bar George had amazing wines by the glass.
We haven't gone yet, but late at night, the Edison looks like fun as does Enzos Hideaway Tunnel bar

I would pick Boathouse or Morimoto. You could also do a progressive dinner and do drinks/appetizer at the Edison, an Entree at Morimoto and dessert at Homecomin.

How would feel about doing House of Blues or Raglan Road at Disney Springs? I really like both and enjoyed the meals.

Of the ones you mentioned California Grill and Jiko are our favorites, but if I was on a date night I'd definitely go with Jiko. CG is phenomenal but its a bit noisy and loud. Jiko is much more intimate and has unique food that is hard to find elsewhere.

Disney Springs has a lot of goof options, but nothing on par with what you are currently looking at. If you wanted to do DS I'd suggest doing what my hubby and I have done on date nights and bar hopping from restaurant to restaurant and trying some drinks and apps at each place. Favs of ours include Morimoto, Homecoming, Boathouse and Raglan Road.

I'm a big fan of Flying Fish too. It was my favorite Sig last trip. If you do choose FF you also have several close places to stop for a drink with Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk and Swan and Dolphin all within a short walk. As for DS keep an eye open for the opening and subsequent reviews of Jaleo. It's Jose Andres new restaurant and if it's anything like his others it could become the best offering in DS. It's menu isn't available yet but this is what their website states.

"This Jaleo will be the biggest and most spectacular location yet, housed in a dynamic, multi-level space. The menu will feature an extensive variety of tapas reflecting the rich regional diversity of traditional and contemporary Spanish cuisine in addition to a variety of authentic paellas cooked over a wood fire in the restaurant"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter