Date for So Cal BSM

kkbutterfly

Mouseketeer
I am booked for the So Cal BSM the week of Veterans Day 2019. Other threads didn’t seem to think that date works well. I could move to mid December and forfeit my booking discount.

Is it worth the switch. I’m also going to WDW for food and wine in mid October so I’m wondering if October and November are too close together for travel.

Thanks for any advice given!

Not sure why people would think that date was a problem. I'd stick with it.

Apparently you could skip some stuff because of the holiday, but I assume Disney would replace it and not just have us sit around the hotel? Also, the Disney portion is after the holiday and it looks like it would likely be less busy later in the week.

Thanks for the advice!

Apparently you could skip some stuff because of the holiday, but I assume Disney would replace it and not just have us sit around the hotel?
When you are on an ABD trip you get special attention. Things don't get left out because of crowds.

We went in Feb over Presidents Day week and did not skip anything. Henson studios was changed to the following morning (Tues). Yes we might have had a little less time to shop at the Studios but otherwise we didn’t feel rushed AT ALL. I didn’t hear any complaints from our group about it. I wouldn’t let the holiday on Monday deter you from your trip dates.

We went in Feb over Presidents Day week and did not skip anything. Henson studios was changed to the following morning (Tues). Yes we might have had a little less time to shop at the Studios but otherwise we didn’t feel rushed AT ALL. I didn’t hear any complaints from our group about it. I wouldn’t let the holiday on Monday deter you from your trip dates.

Thank you!!

We went on the SoCal short escape over Columbus Day weekend. The crowds were enormous at the two parks, far more than I was anticipating. However, ABD gives you many Fastpasses, and if you also get Maxpass you can avoid many of the lines. So being part of an ABD group made it enjoyable despite the crowds.

You might ask a Vacationista if they will pack Henson, Disney Studios and Imagineering into one day. That sounds like a long day, but I assume the guides would shift other things away from that day to balance things.

I agree with the other posters. I wouldn't change the dates just because of the holiday weekend, especially if doing so costs you a bunch of money.

We went on the SoCal short escape over Columbus Day weekend. The crowds were enormous at the two parks, far more than I was anticipating. However, ABD gives you many Fastpasses, and if you also get Maxpass you can avoid many of the lines. So being part of an ABD group made it enjoyable despite the crowds.

You might ask a Vacationista if they will pack Henson, Disney Studios and Imagineering into one day. That sounds like a long day, but I assume the guides would shift other things away from that day to balance things.

I agree with the other posters. I wouldn't change the dates just because of the holiday weekend, especially if doing so costs you a bunch of money.

Thanks! I know on the east coast a lot of school districts have off the entire week. Not sure how it is in so cal but I’ve never heard of entire weeks off for Vets day. I’ll keep my discount. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!