Data in the US

I let my Roam SIM card expire ( I hadn’t used it in a few years ). I’m thinking of getting another since I have about 15 days in the U.S. in the next 4 months. Does anyone know If they go on sale regularly ? I seem to remember getting it half price last time. I’ll wait if that’s the case.
I was going to use my Virgin Mobile travel plan for $7 a day, but just read it’s about to go up to $8 a day. I might as well use the $4.95 Roam plan and save $45 over the 15 travel days.

Another benefit of using Roam (or another provider) vs using your Canadian provider's roaming plan is that even if you are paying extra roaming fees, you are still using your monthly allocation and you might end up using a lot more than usual since you are not at home / work (e.g. you might have 1GB of data and never use that at home because you are typically on your home wifi but on vacation when you are only using your cell data, you might end up using a lot more than you typically do so not only will you pay the $7 or $8 / day roaming, you might need to add 1 or 2 or more GB for that month so a 14 day trip might end up costing 14 x $7 = $98 + $20 for extra data = $118 (plus tax) (or more).

I let my Roam SIM card expire ( I hadn’t used it in a few years ). I’m thinking of getting another since I have about 15 days in the U.S. in the next 4 months. Does anyone know If they go on sale regularly ? I seem to remember getting it half price last time. I’ll wait if that’s the case.
I was going to use my Virgin Mobile travel plan for $7 a day, but just read it’s about to go up to $8 a day. I might as well use the $4.95 Roam plan and save $45 over the 15 travel days.

I think they had a Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale last year.

Take a look at the one month plan. You may find it is less expensive than 15 days. DS was in the US and he mentioned something about this but I didn't look into it further.

Just looked it up $64.95 for the month vs $74.25 for 15 days. There is less of the 4G data if that makes a difference.

Take a look at the one month plan. You may find it is less expensive than 15 days. DS was in the US and he mentioned something about this but I didn't look into it further.

Just looked it up $64.95 for the month vs $74.25 for 15 days. There is less of the 4G data if that makes a difference.
Thank you. The 15 days aren’t all at once.. I have 4 days in November and 3 in March. I think I will get one now to make sure it’s set up for when we go away next month.

I've used both Roam Mobility and Telaway. While I think the actual service from Telaway was better and used any service provider ROAM comes out cheaper especially on subsequent trips when we can reuse SIM cards

We use ROAM Mobility when in the States for our phones. You will need to purchase one of their SIM cards. I pop it in when we cross the border. You can get calls, texts and data for $4.95 Cdn per day. Check out https://roammobility.com/plans . I don't know if it is cheaper than what you have with Rogers or not.

They work on the T-Mobile network in the US.

We just upgraded the two day ticket to a 15 month seasonal 2 park AP. It cost $60 to upgrade.

If you use this service do you have a different number? Can you find out the number before hand?

If you use this service do you have a different number? Can you find out the number before hand?

When you activate your Roam Mobility sim card they will give you a US phone number. As soon I activated my sim card I was given my us number. I then booked my plan for my travel dates. So all I have too do is change Sim cards when I start my trip and I'm good to go.

Ah that explains it! I do have a corporate plan!

Yes my phone is unlocked and I wouldn’t need text or calls I think... :) I would just need to FaceTime family for Xmas but I probably should be able to do that with another number. thanks for pointing that out to me though! Love how helpful everyone is here!
I had a Rogers Corporate plan and had Roam Like Home. It used to be a good deal at $5/day for 10 days. It sure has gone up.
Now I’m with Fido, but same roaming plan as Rogers.
I just got back from another DL trip, wifi hasn’t improved. Still spotty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter