Dashboard Disappearing Waitlist

rlduvall

DIS Veteran
I know that when your waitlist disappears from the Main Dashboard it usually means your waitlist has matched and MS will be filling it "soon". In the past, that has generally taken anywhere from 5 -7 days if I don't go ahead and call in and ask them to complete it.

I was on vacation several weeks ago and saw that this had occurred, but since I was busy I didn't take the time to call and get it matched. I was in no hurry and decided to wait and see how long it would take them; I hate calling MS for some reason. Today, after 3 weeks of waiting, I just couldn't take it any longer. :crazy: I needed closure in my life and thought maybe it had been an error; that I hadn't matched. But, lo and behold, it had and it was completed immediately at my request. I can't help but wonder how long it would have taken if I hadn't finally caved in and called.

Just needed to vent to those that would understand. :p

That is a good question: What happens to rooms that are matched to waitlists, but nobody ever completes the manual reservation process? Do they eventually show up on somebody's to do list (e.g. "ROOMS HELD FOR 30 DAYS - VERIFY AND MAKE RESERVATIONS. JOHN, DO IT NOW!!!")? Do they expire and get released to the public after a certain point? Wonder if anyone knows the answer to this?

I agree...I had the same thing happen and broke down and called after 2 weeks.

I had a waitlist that I was watching every couple of days. I last checked it no more than 2 nights ago. I just got mail with the new room details today...so it can be quick from match to confirmed!

My one waitlist disappeared from my dashboard today...a one night studio in the value category at Jambo to tack onto an existing 4 night value studio stay. The wife will be very happy to hear we will only have to switch rooms once (coming from Poly). That is if it did indeed match. I'll be calling in the a.m. I'm not that patient lol.

My understanding is that MS works the "match" file when the phones aren't busy. I was told that they work them by arrival date - so a waitlist that matched for an October reservation would be worked before a match for a December one.

On this past Sunday, I sent an email to add a guest to an existing reservation and have not yet heard back. (It's not an urgent request as the reservation is still several months away). Usually, I get a response to email requests within 24-48 hours, even though the automated "we got it" reply says to expect an answer within 5 days. I suspect MS is busier than usual right now - probably answering lots of questions about the new ticket offers and/or F&W booking.

Ok, maybe I should call. I could have sworn I set up a waitlist one night, but in the morning did not see it in my dashboard. I went ahead and set it up again. Would hate to have it fulfilled twice.

Laura

Ok, maybe I should call. I could have sworn I set up a waitlist one night, but in the morning did not see it in my dashboard. I went ahead and set it up again. Would hate to have it fulfilled twice.

Laura

Did you look to see if it was under Vacation Center Overview - Waitlist? If it's missing from your Dashboard, but still showing under the VCO [just made that acronym up], it's most likely been matched.

Laura

Waitlists show in 2 places - on the Dashboard which is the one that disappears when it has matched. The other place is under My Vacations -> Waitlist If MS has not completed the waitlist match the waitlist itself will still show there until they do.

So I had noticed a couple of week ago that a waitlist I had disappeared from the Dashboard. As I've done once or twice in the past I decided to just wait and see when it would be completed. On Friday, July 14th I finally gave up and called. It had matched June 29th but had not yet been completed. The CM I spoke to double checked if they could finish it as apparently they did have some issues with availability that was not correct but they got the ok for this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts