DAS versus WC Return Times at DLR

disneydani

Mouseketeer
I tried reading the superthread on DL/DCA as I am sure the answer is in there somewhere but I couldn't find it. My DD will have a DAS and depending on the time and day, she may be in her wheelchair. I will have Maxpass but I am trying to understand which rides I would need to request a DAS Return versus which rides I would need to request a Wheelchair Return if she is using her chair during that timeframe.

Fantasyland is probably her most requested spot and I believe most of those lines are inaccessible.

Thanks for any suggestions.

You can get a DAS for ANY attraction, you can only get a wheelchair return time at attractions that do not have accessible queues.

There is an important difference between the two, with a DAS, you can return any time after your return time, with a wheelchair return time you get an hour window to return within. This may not make a difference for some, but will for others.

Here is a list of non accesible queues:
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder
All of Fantasyland, except Matterhorn
Space Mountain
Astro Orbitor
Star Tours

Personally, I say use Maxpass where you can and just get DAS return times for everything else. You can combine these, but you cannot hold a DAS and a wheelchair return time at the same time anymore as far as I am aware.

Dumbo and Small world are now also accessible. Am local to Disneyland and take my Mom in a wheelchair a lot. Dumbo has moved the line and it is completely accessible for both wheelchair and ECV. Small world - we had a fastpass, but were sent down the FP line and around instead of the old ramp which is for exiting now.

You can get a DAS for ANY attraction, you can only get a wheelchair return time at attractions that do not have accessible queues.

There is an important difference between the two, with a DAS, you can return any time after your return time, with a wheelchair return time you get an hour window to return within. This may not make a difference for some, but will for others.

Here is a list of non accesible queues:
Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder
All of Fantasyland, except Matterhorn
Space Mountain
Astro Orbitor
Star Tours

Personally, I say use Maxpass where you can and just get DAS return times for everything else. You can combine these, but you cannot hold a DAS and a wheelchair return time at the same time anymore as far as I am aware.

Good to know, I don't need a wheelchair normally, so I was unaware that both queues were now fully accessible. That should reduce the long waits for wheelchair returns at small world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!