DAS Return Time At Closing Time

ElliePixie

Earning My Ears
hello everybody, I have DAS and I’m AP so I know a lot about it, but I just wanted to know what’s the experience that some of you may have had when asking for a return time close to the end of the day. Especially for the new Toy Story land rides, if there’s like 120 min posted wait like 10 before closing, and you ask for a return time, do they turn you down?

I have not asked at TSL close to closing but at 7DMT the CM let me right in or did a return time for much less then the posted wait ( I have heard they inflated wait time close to closing )

I think it depends on whether they are allowing people into the main line. If the wait is extremely long at the end of the day (and actual - not inflated) they may close the line early. I would think that would mean no more DAS return either.

I think it depends on whether they are allowing people into the main line. If the wait is extremely long at the end of the day (and actual - not inflated) they may close the line early. I would think that would mean no more DAS return either.
On the preview for TSL they did close the rides early and no one was allowed in line and I was not allow led to get a DAS ( the DAS was a walk on for that day)

Basically, if they are letting other guests in line, then they have to allow you in line. If the Standby line is closed, then they can turn you away. I am not sure about Disney World, but at Disneyland the Standby lines remain open until the closing announcement plays, no matter how long the line is and yes that has led to some interesting situations in the past when a standby line is 90 minutes long at park closing. Now usually what they do at Disneyland for return times is the return time becomes about 5 minutes before park closing at that point no matter how long the line is, but you are also getting the return time from a kiosk and not the attraction itself.

For the proposed situation I’m assuming that the standby line is still allowing guests. I just don’t see them issuing a return time after closing as I would assume the FP line that you return to is closed then.

For the proposed situation I’m assuming that the standby line is still allowing guests. I just don’t see them issuing a return time after closing as I would assume the FP line that you return to is closed then.
form my experience is the FP line is still open for people using rider swap and DAS return times I have also seen a VIP guide in the FP line after the park closed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts