DAS Question

button409

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

hoping you can help with some questions. I have a bowel condition and this can make it impossible for me to wait in line without having to leave and possibly be gone for some time. I understand I am likely eligible for the DAS pass -I received a similar card in Disneyland Paris. In Paris the pass was good for attractions, character meet and greets and also parades (they have a roped off area). Is the system similar in WDW? Don't want the kids to miss out because we need to keep stepping out of line/losing our spot for sghows/parades.

Thank you.

The DAS at Disney let’s you in the FP line after you waited your time For characters if they have a FP line then you can use the DAS but most do not. The last trip I went on you could use the disability area for parade ( this could change I hope it dose not) if you needed. But be mindful of those that can not stand and please do not block there view

Essentially, any attraction/meet and greet/show that has a FP line will allow you to set up a return time with DAS. Remember that you can only have one DAS return time active at a time, so definitely make use of fastpasses as well to minimize your chances of getting stuck in a line when your guts act up (I have similar issues and TOTALLY feel your pain!). We were just there in August and to my knowledge there was not any DAS related area for parades, but there IS a small section for people with mobility devices that is first come/first serve.

We were just there in August and to my knowledge there was not any DAS related area for parades, but there IS a small section for people with mobility devices that is first come/first serve.

Yes this is what I meant there are three area at the MK for parade viewing for handicap/ disabled one is by the fire station ( this is the very end of the parade there is a big bathroom very close by. Another infront of the castle the bathroom here is a little further away but this is the biggest of the area. And another close to the hall of president not sure how close the bathroom is here.

Also if you find you need to step out if kine let the CM know they can often help you out with getting back in.

There are very few ride without FP most are very short wait but Astro orbiter can be very long and they will give return time here even thought there is no FP You just have to talk to a CM at the ride for one

Yes this is what I meant there are three area at the MK for parade viewing for handicap/ disabled one is by the fire station ( this is the very end of the parade there is a big bathroom very close by. Another infront of the castle the bathroom here is a little further away but this is the biggest of the area. And another close to the hall of president not sure how close the bathroom is here.

Ah gotcha - but they normally will not allow people with DAS (non mobility) in that area, it is strictly meant for wheelchair/scooter users. They might let someone on a DAS in there if not many others are needing the space, but I'd imagine that's the exception not the rule. There wouldn't be a benefit for someone who needs a quick escape to a bathroom in those areas anyway.

Ah gotcha - but they normally will not allow people with DAS (non mobility) in that area, it is strictly meant for wheelchair/scooter users. They might let someone on a DAS in there if not many others are needing the space, but I'd imagine that's the exception not the rule. There wouldn't be a benefit for someone who needs a quick escape to a bathroom in those areas anyway.
No CM were very adamit that it had changed I would say a good 20% of the people in there were non mobility people And yes for someone that needed a quick bathroom trip the area by the fire station would be perfect followed by the castle hub one

No CM were very adamit that it had changed I would say a good 20% of the people in there were non mobility people And yes for someone that needed a quick bathroom trip the area by the fire station would be perfect followed by the castle hub one
That's good to know! We got lucky and found a good viewing spot in August that didn't put my DS with a disability in a bad spot, but that's info that will be handy on our next trip!

That's good to know! We got lucky and found a good viewing spot in August that didn't put my DS with a disability in a bad spot, but that's info that will be handy on our next trip!
It was a game changer for me I was able too see both parade and fireworks and not have 911 called for me. Best trip ever

thank you - I'm hoping that January crowds will be lighter and will only need it for longer lines for attractions. I last went to WDW in Easter 2013 and had to leave so many lines as I didn't know about DAS. One day a CM saw me crying and when I explained I had been in line for about 4 hours that day but not made it on to a single ride due to having to leave to use the restroom, he told me about the DAS (not sure what it was called back then though). We only had 1 day of our vacation left and it was so long ago I can't remember what we were able to use it for. Want to be more prepared this time, will be booking FP+ at 60 days but good to know what the DAS is good for.

thank you - I'm hoping that January crowds will be lighter and will only need it for longer lines for attractions. I last went to WDW in Easter 2013 and had to leave so many lines as I didn't know about DAS. One day a CM saw me crying and when I explained I had been in line for about 4 hours that day but not made it on to a single ride due to having to leave to use the restroom, he told me about the DAS (not sure what it was called back then though). We only had 1 day of our vacation left and it was so long ago I can't remember what we were able to use it for. Want to be more prepared this time, will be booking FP+ at 60 days but good to know what the DAS is good for.
We went this year in January starting on MLK day. We found the crowds very manageable. I don't think we had to use a single one of our fast passes (maybe for buzz lightyear) as mostly we just walked on. Side note: we will be there January 11th through the 17th so if you see me bopping about say HI!!

Hi all,

hoping you can help with some questions. I have a bowel condition and this can make it impossible for me to wait in line without having to leave and possibly be gone for some time. I understand I am likely eligible for the DAS pass -I received a similar card in Disneyland Paris. In Paris the pass was good for attractions, character meet and greets and also parades (they have a roped off area). Is the system similar in WDW? Don't want the kids to miss out because we need to keep stepping out of line/losing our spot for sghows/parades.

Thank you.

If you do get a DAS, it works only on character greets that have FP+. It doesn't work on those that aren't in "permanent building" style setups. You can have other family members hold your spot if you need to run to the bathroom (if one is nearby) and perhaps they could let others behind them meet the characters and wait for you to rejoin the group.

We went this year in January starting on MLK day. We found the crowds very manageable. I don't think we had to use a single one of our fast passes (maybe for buzz lightyear) as mostly we just walked on. Side note: we will be there January 11th through the 17th so if you see me bopping about say HI!!
Thank you! We are there 10-24th January and was worried MLK weekend might be busy. See you there!

Thank you! We are hoping for some warm days but will be sure to pack for all weather eventualities - it wont be as cold as the UK though I'm sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter