DAS For Disney Visitor and Not Hotel Guest

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
Do you have to stay on site at Disney to obtain a DAS pass? Our triplets are all on the Spectrum and would love to see the Star Wars attractions but they will not be able to wait to enjoy them. Believe me when I say I’m also thinking of other Disney guests when I say this. Would we be able to go for the day with a park hopper and be able to obtain a pass so that we are able to experience the attraction with them?

DAS has nothing to do with the resort hotels. It is all about access to attractions within the 4major theme parks. Where one stays ( or comes from home as a local day guest) isn’t even considered.

You might find the first post of this thread about DAS at WDW helpful - it is kept up-to-date even though it was started several years ago: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/
(There is a similar thread pinned at the top of the page for DLR/DCA.)

Enjoy your vacation!

Just reiterating what lanejudy posted.
One thing to keep in mind - DAS can only be used on attractions the person DAS was issued to will be going on. So, if they are too short, too scared or you think the attraction will be too intense, you won’t be able to use DAS for it.

And the DAS may not necessarily shorten the wait time - it's not a "front of the line" pass, but it allows you to wait your time outside the "regular" line.

I somehow missed this response before. Sorry! This actually is okay with us. We don’t have a problem waiting to do the attraction. We just don’t think our boys will be able to manage waiting an extended amount of time in a confined space. If we were given the option to return at a later time, that would work out okay and seems more than fair.

Rise of the Resistance just opened. It’s very!!! popular.
DAS is available but you have to have a “Boarding Group” to obtain a DAS.
Everyone in the party must be in the park to get a Boarding Group.
Currently Hollywood Studios is opening at 7am all the BG’s for the day have been given out in the first hour.
But ... All the rest of Star Wars Land is open and doesn’t require a BG. You can get a DAS for Smugglers Run

Last edited:
To get in a Boarding Group, you need to be staying at a Disney resort? Is it any Disney resort or just certain ones? Or, do we just need to be at the DHS park by 7:00 am, and is the park open to everyone at 7 AM? Sorry. I just want to make sure I completely understand what you’re saying.

To get in a Boarding Group, you need to be staying at a Disney resort? Is it any Disney resort or just certain ones? Or, do we just need to be at the DHS park by 7:00 am, and is the park open to everyone at 7 AM? Sorry. I just want to make sure I completely understand what you’re saying.
The park has been opening at 7am to everyone(actually more like 6:30am). No need to be a resort guest of any kind. Ideally, you should be there before 7am because the boarding groups go fast.

No, you do not need to be staying at a WDW resort to get a boarding group. That is open to any guest who enters the park. But all members of your party must enter the park to get a boarding group (can’t send dad ahead while mom+kids arrive later).

This thread on the TPAS forum has been following the RotR process: https://www.disboards.com/threads/rotr-planning-daily-boarding-group-discussion.3763339/

DHS has been opening to the general public (not EMH) at 7am. While the park officially opens at 7am, I believe guests have been allowed through the tapstiles earlier - there may be a report from this morning as early as 5:30 if I read that correctly. Depending on when your trip will be, hours may change so I’d keep an eye on things if planning for a few months out.

Enjoy your vacation!

Some of the hardcore people start to line up at 5am😳 The earlier BG’s go to those people. . The gates have been opening 6:45ish.
(** 12/26-12/31 the park will open at 6am) The people arriving at this time are getting the late afternoon - evening BG’s. If you want you can leave the park once you get your BG.
You book your BG on the My Disney Experience AP. The Ap will allow you to book BG’s a few minutes after entering the park. The ap will notify you when your BG is called. You have a 2 hour window to return
You should plan on arriving no later than 45 minutes before the park officially opens
*** This is based on the first week of operation. The next few weeks during Christmas will be even busier

Last edited:
Rise of the Resistance just opened. It’s very!!! popular.
DAS is available but you have to have a “Boarding Group” to obtain a DAS.
Everyone in the party must be in the park to get a Boarding Group.
Currently Hollywood Studios is opening at 7am all the BG’s for the day have been given out in the first hour.
But ... All the rest of Star Wars Land is open and doesn’t require a BG. You can get a DAS for Galaxy’s Edge

I think you mean Smuggler’s Run. Galaxy’s Edge is the whole area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter