DAS for 7 people

DisneyFam5

Mouseketeer
How many people have been successful or been rejected trying to link 7 or 8 people to a DAS? We will have 7 people and I was just wondering if our odds would be good, or if it’s really rare.

I believe Guest Relations can link everyone to the DAS. Some attractions may not allow that many unless it’s 2 parents and several younger children. I’d be prepared to split, then if all are allowed even better.

Enjoy your vacation!

I was at space and there was someone in front of me with a bag group The CM would not add everyone to the DAS, so be prepared to not have everyone ride, but with one over I think unless it is very busy you will have a better chance

The cards are usually for person needing the DAS plus up to 5 people.. it is at the discretion of the CM at city hall if they link you plus 6.. as for the rides we usually are a party of 5 so we have never not had everyone admitted to a ride . :) hope you have a good trip !

Yes, we’ve used it many times, but there will be seven of us this time and I was just wondering if anyone had actually been able to have that seventh person added. I read they can do it. Just wondering if it really happened for anyone. I thought maybe our chances were good with only one extra. My husband’s afraid of the big rides anyway, so there will only be six of us a lot! . Thanks for the feedback!

I’ve read several articles stating that they have to get a supervisor if the party is bigger than six and they need all those being added to be present at that time. I’m looking for people with experience with the process so I can get a feel for what Disney feels is acceptable.

There has to be a limit. Even one over is not really acceptable
This is in the pinned post on the Disboards for the DAS:

- the USUAL number of guests linked to one DAS will be 6 (same as previously). Some people are reporting 6 is the maximum, but that was not the case before and is not now.
Numbers over 6 required a supervisor; that has not changed.

Was there in November--we had a party of 7--everyone was added however all 7 had to be there at City Hall when initially establishing the DAS. I believe anything over 6 requires this. I'm not sure but I guess not everyone has to be there to be added if it's less than 7. Hope this helps!

As others have stated, getting 7 on the DAS at Guest Services likely will not be an issue. However, when you get the return time, it may be limited to 6 (5 + DAS Holder). You just select which people would be riding. Usually this happens at the most popular rides with long wait times: 7 Dwarves, FOP, etc. I'm not entirely certain it depends on the CM either. Because they are all processed on tablets now, it may limit them to selecting more than 6 total on these rides.

We got a DAS for my son with Autism last June and there were 9 people in our party (4 in our immediate family, 2 grandparents, an aunt, uncle, and cousin). Everyone was present with their magic bands when requesting the DAS. They linked everyone with no questions asked. We never had a problem getting a return time. My mother has some health issues and my daughter is still a little young to go on some of the bigger rides, but typically 7 of us rode with no problem. We did several character meet and greets and a few rides with all 9 of us. Again, no problems. I was really worried about not being able to use the DAS for all of us and pictured my son having melt-downs at being separated from his cousin or grandparents, but it all worked out fine. Hope it works out for you too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter