DAS card

Derek Smith

runwdwmarathon
Hello all fellow Disney followers. Any help with this enquiry will be very much appreciated.

We are travelling to Disneyworld in November from the UK and my son has Tourettes and suffers with anxiety. We have been told about a disability card which will help him in many ways. Does anybody know any information about this service, how to get it, how does it work and is there such a thing?

Many thanks for any help and advice.

Derek.

The first post of this has most of the information. https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

In short, the DAS allows the individual and their party to wait outside the standard queue. You can ask for it at Guest Services in the park. It does NOT:

-provide front of line access
-help with meet and greets that do not have a fast pass
-allow you to "skip" the lines
-provide an alternative waiting area - where you wait is up to you
-help with the buses or Disney transportation

Have a wonderful trip!

"...will help him in many ways..." depends solely on how his Tourette's and anxiety are impacted by waiting in a standard queue environment. The DAS helps some people immensely, does little or nothing for some people. You will have to be prepared to explain how his specific needs (not diagnosis) are impacted in a standard queue environment. If you can draw from some prior experiences (local theme parks, zoos, etc.) that might help to put your request into perspective.

The link PP posted has information about how DAS works at WDW -- which I believe is considerably different than how disabilities are handled at Disneyland Paris (since you are from the UK, it's possible some feedback you've received is related to that location). I also suggest working with him for coping mechanisms to help him deal with crowds and waits, as nothing can fully eliminate either of those factors.

Enjoy your vacation!

not sure how old your son is but a stroller as a wheelchair tag might help him more as this would give him his own space in the lines. but as the PP said the cast members at guest relations do not care about DX just why you ( your son) need to wait outside the line. The DAS will not make all lines go away and sometimes the FP line can be long so working with him ( or if he has a therapist teacher extra) that can help you come up with ways to make it easier for him to wait then I would. ( I like to plan for the worst and hopeful the best type of person)

Alsomake sure you book your FP for each day ( as soon as you can) getting to the parks when they open ( rope drop or RD) and taking an afternoon break ( if you can) and back to the parks latter in the day can help with staying out of the parks when they are very crowded, also try to book your FP for earl in the day ( I like to do them for about an hour after the aprk opens) and then once you do this you can book one more FP ( this really does help with waiting in lines) and some people have been very lucky on getting a 4 or 5 or latter FP ( like flight of passage at animal kigdome)

Have a great trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts