DAS at MNSSHP

neilberl

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if we can use DAS for rides during the Halloween party? I know there is no fastpass+ during the party, but hopefully DAS can be used?

Officially, it can't be used since the FP+ lines aren't operating, but we were able to use it at a MVMCP. We had obtained the return time before the party officially started and didn't make it back to ride before the 7:00 party start. I was just going to skip the ride, but we had a friend with us who was an attractions CM in the MK. She told me the RT would still be honored. And it was. But with only the possible exception of 7DMT, you really don't need to use the DAS during the parties because the lines for attractions are so short. The lines are longest for the character meet and greets and the DAS doesn't help with those.

Does anyone know if we can use DAS for rides during the Halloween party? I know there is no fastpass+ during the party, but hopefully DAS can be used?

I have been for 3 years and I have a hard time finding a line with a wait to use the DAS on but I have used it for 7DMT space and BTMRR

I used my DAS at MNSSHP at one of the early September parties this year for 7DMT. I was not the only one using it for that ride either. As others have said, it really just depends on the length of the line to begin with.

That being said, more so than any previous trip I have taken, I had a really hard time with CMs at rides not knowing how the DAS worked this past trip. I had an issue trying to use it during EMH this past trip too (I've never had a problem before). I even went to Guest Services to confirm if it is something I can or cannot use during EMH, and they confirm with a supervisor that I can. CMs at the rides still had no idea how to use it even after I confirmed I could. It was really stressful for me. I much prefer a clear yes/no so I can make my choices appropriately.

Its seems to be sporadic. We've had success using our son's DAS during EMH and MNSSHP previously, but last year on both trips he was turned away and they would not honor his return time they had already given him. Guest Services at MK advised us that because FP does not operate during those events, that there is no staff to accept a DAS return...as that entrance is not "open".

I later found info on here that it's not supposed to work during EMH and hard ticketed parties, and we had apparently "lucked out" on previous trips. It really seems after discussion with Guest Services inside and outside of the park that it's a grey area, and left up to the individual attractions and cast members and could be different every day. We now plan to not have access to it.

After meeting up with some Dissers and going with them onto Haunted Mansion and then Pirates (both with less than 20 minute wait), we decided not to do any more rides. We'd spent the previous day at MK anyway, and just spent the rest of the night collecting candy and meeting characters. We still only got to meet Lotso and 7 Dwarfs, though - and the latter was after 11pm. The queues for characters and even for special shots were all pushing an hour or more, and it was just impossible to do rides as well given that the party only lasts 5 hours.

DAS is always available, whether it be during regular hours, party events or even extra magic hours. The only rule is the wait time has to be longer than 15 minutes in order for a return time to be issued. The reason for this is the system automatically subtracts 10 minutes from the posted wait time. At least 5 minutes must be remaining for it to work. Most of the rides on the party nights are usually at 10 minutes. We got 1 for my son for 7DMT since it had a posted wait of 30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter