DAS and guest relations kiosks - policy change?

Thanks - I will send an email this afternoon.

My second question was about requesting the DAS itself, not return times. Last time we were at DHS, I was in line at Guest Relations and a CM was going thru the line asking what we needed. When I told him I was there to request DAS, he sent me to a booth up on the corner where you would turn to go to RNR and ToT. As I stated, our first park this time is Animal Kingdom, so I don't really know where or if they have those booths set up.

Thanks for the response!
Oh I see when I went to AK last for my first day I did get my DAS at GR but it was the afternoon and I also had a problem with my MB and I was able to do both but I have heard that they are giving out DAS further up ( once you get to the tree of life go right and there is I think a ticket both there

Oh I see when I went to AK last for my first day I did get my DAS at GR but it was the afternoon and I also had a problem with my MB and I was able to do both but I have heard that they are giving out DAS further up ( once you get to the tree of life go right and there is I think a ticket both there

Thank you! You are always so helpful!

Thank you! You are always so helpful!
Why thank you I try my best to be helpful

Here is a screen shot of where I believe the place is where you get the DAS at AK. when you go if the line for GR is not long at all you could ask in there where to go ( they might just do it for the first few hours at the local close to the tree of life and then move back to GR latter on in the day) as when I went in January I go to AK around 3-4 pm

Attachments

• A00B846D-28C2-4C27-83D5-21BF708C43FB.jpeg
    A00B846D-28C2-4C27-83D5-21BF708C43FB.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 19
This is part of the reply I received to my email. Looks like things are back to the way they always were before.

"Our guidelines for utilizing DAS have not changed and we still continue to direct our Guests to go to the Attraction to receive a return time to come back that is equivalent to the current wait time. Should you require additional assistance during your visit, our Cast Members with the Guest Experience Team at Magic Kingdom Park, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park can be found throughout the Theme Park. Please do not hesitate to speak with them during your visit. We are confident our Cast Members can assist you with the utmost professionalism and courtesy.

For assistance adding the Disability Access Service to your visit, please stop by a Guest Relations location upon arrival. Based on the park attendance they may direct you to one of their temporary locations, but all assistance if typically provided at their original location."

This is part of the reply I received to my email. Looks like things are back to the way they always were before.

"Our guidelines for utilizing DAS have not changed and we still continue to direct our Guests to go to the Attraction to receive a return time to come back that is equivalent to the current wait time. Should you require additional assistance during your visit, our Cast Members with the Guest Experience Team at Magic Kingdom Park, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park can be found throughout the Theme Park. Please do not hesitate to speak with them during your visit. We are confident our Cast Members can assist you with the utmost professionalism and courtesy.

For assistance adding the Disability Access Service to your visit, please stop by a Guest Relations location upon arrival. Based on the park attendance they may direct you to one of their temporary locations, but all assistance if typically provided at their original location."
Glade you got a replay. It sounds kind of like what he said to me on the phone where it has not changed but if you can go to the rides they prefer this but if you need the GE team then they are there for you

I have been using DAS since last Wednesday and it seemed park specific to me. Magic Kingdom was like hey, you know you can go to the rides (but always did it), while Hollywood seemed to prefer the blue umbrella people. Epcot was obviously rides and animal kingdom I didn’t really get a preference. No one ever said no though. I found that the blue people were less stressful usually than fighting the crowds to the ride. I told them that a few times- how much we appreciated the umbrellas. Considering the issues that are often associated with DAS, it seems like having the spot away from the crowds would be very helpful to a lot of folks. I was also surprised by how much not having an expiration time mattered. With the fast passes, it was like ok, must use by 10am, now I am going to fixate On this 10am thing. With the use after tome, it was so much easier to say, ok, let’s take a break for a bit because there was no loss (except time).

I have been using DAS since last Wednesday and it seemed park specific to me. Magic Kingdom was like hey, you know you can go to the rides (but always did it), while Hollywood seemed to prefer the blue umbrella people. Epcot was obviously rides and animal kingdom I didn’t really get a preference. No one ever said no though. I found that the blue people were less stressful usually than fighting the crowds to the ride. I told them that a few times- how much we appreciated the umbrellas. Considering the issues that are often associated with DAS, it seems like having the spot away from the crowds would be very helpful to a lot of folks. I was also surprised by how much not having an expiration time mattered. With the fast passes, it was like ok, must use by 10am, now I am going to fixate On this 10am thing. With the use after tome, it was so much easier to say, ok, let’s take a break for a bit because there was no loss (except time).
Like I have said before please write to Disney and let them know your experience and how it helped you ( or the DAS holder) on your vacation

It really stinks that they're stopping this so soon. We never got to experience getting DAS at a kiosk.

My adult son misses out on many rides due to not being able to make himself navigate a crowd or congested place to get to a ride entrance for a return time. That would have given him so much more independence. As it is, he is only able to get return times for many things when we are with him to go get it for him.

He would gladly change places with someone with a normally functioning brain and stand in line for hours. And I would love nothing more than being able to stand in line with him and have him be able to do it without having a nervous breakdown.

It really stinks that they're stopping this so soon. We never got to experience getting DAS at a kiosk.

My adult son misses out on many rides due to not being able to make himself navigate a crowd or congested place to get to a ride entrance for a return time. That would have given him so much more independence. As it is, he is only able to get return times for many things when we are with him to go get it for him.

He would gladly change places with someone with a normally functioning brain and stand in line for hours. And I would love nothing more than being able to stand in line with him and have him be able to do it without having a nervous breakdown.
from what I can tell is that it is up in the air right now the phone CM that called me said he never heard of any changes and that if I was able to get one at the kiosk before I should still now other have said they had no problem getting them ( just at the MK the CM where a little put off by giving then out). I would write to Disney and let them know what you said here how it would help your son enjoy the parks

I would write to Disney and let them know what you said here how it would help your son enjoy the parks

I absolutely will! And really, my son is the main reason we keep our annual passes. He can use Disney transportation on his own and has a degree of independence, within the Disney bubble, that he doesn't have in every day life. This kind of thing would really make a real difference for him to enjoy rides on his own as well.

I absolutely will! And really, my son is the main reason we keep our annual passes. He can use Disney transportation on his own and has a degree of independence, within the Disney bubble, that he doesn't have in every day life. This kind of thing would really make a real difference for him to enjoy rides on his own as well.
I am hoping that if enough of us let’s disney know just how helpful getting a return time at the kiosk are then if they are thinking about changing it they will not. For some it really dose not give better access but equal access and your son ( like I am ) it sounds like it give equal access. Let us know what Disney has to say

I am hoping that if enough of us let’s disney know just how helpful getting a return time at the kiosk are then if they are thinking about changing it they will not. For some it really dose not give better access but equal access and your son ( like I am ) it sounds like it give equal access. Let us know what Disney has to say

I'm on it right now.

I just saw on another site ( it is a site that can not be linked on the Dis ) that they are taking away the guest experience booth then added the both back but the booths are now themed to the land they are in ( the picture they had was one from Asia I believe) it still looked very close to the both before but weathered some. It look like this is a good sign they are staying ( for a while) now what this means for people with disabilities that getting there return time from. I do not know But letting Disney know just how helpful it was to use them for return time or how you were looking forward to using them can not hurt

I'm eagerly looking forward to the DAS kiosks opening at epcot (hoepfully).. esp at soarin'. not so easy for the family member to get the disabled person up the hill, down to the lower level, and back up again to get the return. for the Land pavillion. they should at least have the DAS return time at the top near the entrance. ( I always thought that about the paper fastpasses. what a pain it was for the FP runner at the land pavillion. PS.I LOVE the new kiosks.!!! so much easier for the caretaker, who has a hard enough time all day.
I agree! The rare time I am with a party of 3 or more it is SO refreshing! I would even be fine with them ADDING 5-1 minutes extra to the time if you get it at a GE Umbrella to account that I didn't have to trek across the park! I only have had one CM at the GE umbrella kind of give me a hard time about requesting a time- her spiel was that by going directly to the attraction you can confirm there are no limitations that prevent you from riding. I can see this being the case at an attraction like Flight of Passage especially. Granted, I didn't go into the details that we do these attractions all the time because I understood where she was coming from and she still gave me the time without further issue. I was just there last Sunday and used the tents exclusively except when we got off FOP and got a time for Navi. No issues at all. I have found since rider swap went digital it has gotten SO crowded at a lot of the rides and the devices don't switch well between the RS program and DAS Program. If the CM can they usually designate one for RS and one for DAS. Hopefully they keep the Guest Experience Umbrellas and the DAS distribution at them!

I agree! The rare time I am with a party of 3 or more it is SO refreshing! I would even be fine with them ADDING 5-1 minutes extra to the time if you get it at a GE Umbrella to account that I didn't have to trek across the park! I only have had one CM at the GE umbrella kind of give me a hard time about requesting a time- her spiel was that by going directly to the attraction you can confirm there are no limitations that prevent you from riding. I can see this being the case at an attraction like Flight of Passage especially. Granted, I didn't go into the details that we do these attractions all the time because I understood where she was coming from and she still gave me the time without further issue. I was just there last Sunday and used the tents exclusively except when we got off FOP and got a time for Navi. No issues at all. I have found since rider swap went digital it has gotten SO crowded at a lot of the rides and the devices don't switch well between the RS program and DAS Program. If the CM can they usually designate one for RS and one for DAS. Hopefully they keep the Guest Experience Umbrellas and the DAS distribution at them!
Please write to Disney about how getting return times at GE helps you ( your group). I would not care if they did not take the 10 minutes off the return time when getting them at GE like I have said I go alone a lot and some times and some rides are just too crowded to get a return time. I would just like a change to do things

Please write to Disney about how getting return times at GE helps you ( your group). I would not care if they did not take the 10 minutes off the return time when getting them at GE like I have said I go alone a lot and some times and some rides are just too crowded to get a return time. I would just like a change to do things
I just did!!! I quoted my exact observation from above how this has changed so much since rider swap went digital.

Can someone tell me is there a special map of Kiosk locations? I am trying to plan a trip/ ( Solo and in a mobility chair) and feeling quite overwhelmed and anxious. It would be nice not having to criss-cross the park and run down the battery. Also, anyone who travels alone in a chair, since it has no key, how do you protect it from theft when you are on a ride? This will be my first visit in a chair rather than on a scooter.

Can someone tell me is there a special map of Kiosk locations? I am trying to plan a trip/ ( Solo and in a mobility chair) and feeling quite overwhelmed and anxious. It would be nice not having to criss-cross the park and run down the battery. Also, anyone who travels alone in a chair, since it has no key, how do you protect it from theft when you are on a ride? This will be my first visit in a chair rather than on a scooter.
I have kept the first post of the thread in my signature up to date on. Where they are located also MDE has them too but thst is hard to tell

I think the 10 minutes taken off is because you wait the same as standby, but then you have to still get in the Fastpass line which is usually about 10 minutes more. This way it equals out to standby line plus fastpass line time. Otherwise your wait would be longer than just standby line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!