DAS and Fastpasses

geetey

Queen of the Smilies
Can you hold a fastpass for a ride and get a DAS for it as well? Example: say we have a fastpass for TSM at 9:30 am. Can we check in at 9:15 for a TSM DAS and ride a little later with our FP?
This trip will be the first time using DAS, if approved. We will have 3 hours each day in a park before the heat becomes intolerable. I understand the person with the DAS must go first into the FP line when using DAS.
TIA

Yes, the DAS and FP systems work independently of each other and work very well together. You can hold a DAS and FP return time for the same ride simultaneously. Just make sure that when you scan a return time for the ride in question, that you are scanning the return time you want to use (i.e. did you want to use the DAS or the FP? Make sure you are scanning the right one!). And you are correct that the DAS holder must scan first so that the photo that shows up on the CM's device matches the person scanning.

Can you hold a fastpass for a ride and get a DAS for it as well? Example: say we have a fastpass for TSM at 9:30 am. Can we check in at 9:15 for a TSM DAS and ride a little later with our FP?
This trip will be the first time using DAS, if approved. We will have 3 hours each day in a park before the heat becomes intolerable. I understand the person with the DAS must go first into the FP line when using DAS.
TIA
Yes I do this all the time at BTMRR.

To use the DAS, have the person DAS was issued to scan their Magicband/ticket first. The scanner will glow blue, which alerts the CM to look at the screen to match the photo on the screen to the DAS user.
The CM will clear it and then the rest of your group can scan.

To use Fastpass first, have someone else in your group scan first before the person DAS was issued to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!