DAS and Anxiety Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't do it yourself on the app, but there have been reports that the blue umbrellas can issue a Return Time for your next park.

I have not tried at WDW (cancelled my recent trip and rarely hop anyway), but I have done this a bunch of times at Disneyland. As recent as the last month or so. It is very nice to have the ride for the other park lined up before I hop over to the other park. I usually shop a bit on the way out of the park so it is nearly ready by the time I make it to the other park.

I have a similar anxiety, though mine is more clausterphobic. I tell myself that if I walking into a line I can walk back out. And I have done it. You may have to bump into a few people, but saying "excuse me" multiple times helps too. Even with a pass you may have a bit of a wait, so hopefully that will help a bit too. Also, keep in mind you don't know most of these people, and who gives a flying fig if they look at you cross-eyed?

You mentioned Tower of Terror, which even with a DAS can still be a challenge. The DAS/fast pass line skips the outside line, which sounds like the more manageable line, then merges just inside the building, so you still experience the first elevator show and the lines between that and the ride elevator.
Thank you, I appreciate the insight!

OP, get the pass and when you talk to the CM, make sure you mention that your last trip, you went on very few rides because of your anxiety to wait inside the rides. It's obvious you legitimately need the pass. Hope you have a great trip!
Thank you so much, I really appreciate you!

I have a similar anxiety, though mine is more clausterphobic. I tell myself that if I walking into a line I can walk back out. And I have done it. You may have to bump into a few people, but saying "excuse me" multiple times helps too. Even with a pass you may have a bit of a wait, so hopefully that will help a bit too. Also, keep in mind you don't know most of these people, and who gives a flying fig if they look at you cross-eyed?
Oh I so feel you and thank you for this. Im just hoping to get a "normal" trip out of the next one. I walked out of Runaway Railway last time after 40 or so minutes bc my nerves were shot!

OP… Did you go on your trip and did you use the DAS? I have similar issues and had a minor panic attack in the jungle cruise queue at Disneyland last time I was there. We were in the part up the stairs that really packs people in and I freaked out and had to try to get out of line. I didn’t have my kids that time but I will next month and I want to be able to ride everything with them. Like you, I am worried anxiety/claustrophobia is not a valid reason and would be abusing the system.

OP… Did you go on your trip and did you use the DAS? I have similar issues and had a minor panic attack in the jungle cruise queue at Disneyland last time I was there. We were in the part up the stairs that really packs people in and I freaked out and had to try to get out of line. I didn’t have my kids that time but I will next month and I want to be able to ride everything with them. Like you, I am worried anxiety/claustrophobia is not a valid reason and would be abusing the system.

Even with a das I can’t do haunted mansion or any ride where they have you fill in all available space. Haunted mansion does it from before you go in until you get out of the crush of people to the moving walkway. That being said it is a tad better if you stay at the back of the pack after the stretch room. But it is still too much for me when the next stretch room empties out. Thunder mountain is also bad when you go down the ramps and those walls are beside you. Ugh.

Your post put in writing how I feel on certain lines and why I have backed out of riding a few things - gotten off lines, etc., because I panicked. I really thought it was just me. I hope you get the DAS and ride everything you want and have the most wonderful time.

Hi there! Im glad you took a minute to check in on this post. I got so much great info from this group that I will have the DAS interview, but since my trip isnt until mid September, I still need to wait for about 2 weeks. I will post a follow up once I go through the process. Wishing you a good trip!

Your post put in writing how I feel on certain lines and why I have backed out of riding a few things - gotten off lines, etc., because I panicked. I really thought it was just me. I hope you get the DAS and ride everything you want and have the most wonderful time.
Thank you so much. It's a struggle and you are not alone!!

Hi there! Im glad you took a minute to check in on this post. I got so much great info from this group that I will have the DAS interview, but since my trip isnt until mid September, I still need to wait for about 2 weeks. I will post a follow up once I go through the process. Wishing you a good trip!
Mid September would have you doing your chat in about a month? Isn't it 30 days at the earliest?

I wouldn’t really consider myself to have this issue, but boy did the Remy standby line make me feel like this. It’s supposed to make you feel like a small rat so it’s all so tall and tight and you’re closed in. No obvious exits, yuck.

I wouldn’t really consider myself to have this issue, but boy did the Remy standby line make me feel like this. It’s supposed to make you feel like a small rat so it’s all so tall and tight and you’re closed in. No obvious exits, yuck.
Good to know.

Hey everyone, this thread is full of too many details that could be used as a script by some less than honest folks. I think it needs to be locked and possibly "cleaned up" to remove things that could easily become a script

Hey everyone, this thread is full of too many details that could be used as a script by some less than honest folks. I think it needs to be locked and possibly "cleaned up" to remove things that could easily become a script
You can message a mod or report a post with your concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter