DAS and 27 weeks pregnant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's pregnancies are different. With my first, I didn't even find out I was pregnant until 23 weeks along, I walked around the San Diego zoo at 38 weeks, and worked 40+ hrs until the day before my water broke.

With my second, by 24 weeks I was using a cane, a pelvic support brace, and had to kinesio tape my legs and hips because of PSD. I couldn't go grocery shopping without sitting in a scooter and there's no way I could have walked the parks or stood in even a 30 minute line.

That being said, for my first pregnancy, I could have easily waited in lines at Disney had I gone. For my second, there's no way I would have been able to... But if I really had wanted to go, I could have rented a wheelchair or ECV. Pregnancy itself does not dictate a person's ability to wait in line, the individual symptoms some pregnant women experience associated with pregnancy can. Nonetheless, DAS is not offered typically for issues like heat concerns or mobility.

I went to DL pregnant (end of second trimester) and was put on disability a few weeks later (ankle injury, apparently I wasn't experiencing normal pregnancy swelling and nerve pain as I was told). I found most rides with long lines I was not allowed to ride anyway. My husband did those rides solo or if he had a FP I would walk with him and then exit before going on. Our bigger problem was when we wanted to see fireworks or WOC, I couldn't bear the pain of standing for a while and then standing for the show so we just showed up as late as we could and shimmied into a corner. Some people were annoyed but I basically told them I was pregnant so either I stood in the corner where they had been hoarding sidewalk or I got a scooter and added to park congestion lol.

I would look into how you can use FP to avoid long wait times first. After that if you get the DAS for your daughter, you would be included too. The Disney Parks app for DL has an option to filter by pregnancy so you may want to start your research there. Also keep in mind anything with lap bars that you might not be able to fit onto.

Just keep in mind the DAS line could be longer than the regular line. We waited much longer for Toy Story with the DAS than those with regular fast passes btw.

To answer your question, you probably won’t get a DAS, a wheel chair will do the job you can do your wait sitting on it. If you still want to try I will ask for my child DAS first and later ask about you. I’m curious, with 27 weeks you won’t be hitting to many attractions with hours long lines, why the need of DAS? when a wheel chair or ECV will help the same way?

OP has never returned to the thread after opening it, so doubt she will be back. I don't gather from her post that she was having any issues with her pregnancy, just thought there might have been special considerations in place for those that were pregnant. This has been her only post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!