Dads doing Pirates League with sons?

ashleymrush

DIS Veteran
Any dads out there that have done the Pirates League with their son? I'm trying to convince my DH to do it but he is a bit of a reserved person. Please send me all you can to convince him!

I haven't done it... but Disney is all about bringing out the kid inside you. No one's gonna point at or laugh at him. It will be something that DS will remember for years... and that alone is worth it.

Come on DH, Show Your Disney Side... ;)

Any dads out there that have done the Pirates League with their son? I'm trying to convince my DH to do it but he is a bit of a reserved person. Please send me all you can to convince him!

Check out my avatar. That was not at the pirate's league, but for a MNSSHP. DW bought the wig, and I grew out my beard for DW to braid. My dds have done the BBB, and they want to do the Pirate's League, but we just haven't scheduled yet. I'm not sure I could handle the whole face painting thing, but maybe a scar or eye patch.

From FB: Always be yourself. Unless you can be a pirate, then always be a pirate.

Yes. Actually our whole family did it, me, wife 3 yr old son and 7year old daughter.

I found a pirate tee shirt on eBay--it had the ruffles and overcoat silk screened on, like the tuxedo tee shirt.

We loved it. Got some funny looks form people the rest of the day but who cares. We did the pirates and pals fireworks cruise that night all dressed up.

Booked again for our next trip.

Picture

Kids

Check out my avatar. That was not at the pirate's league, but for a MNSSHP. DW bought the wig, and I grew out my beard for DW to braid. My dds have done the BBB, and they want to do the Pirate's League, but we just haven't scheduled yet. I'm not sure I could handle the whole face painting thing, but maybe a scar or eye patch.

From FB: Always be yourself. Unless you can be a pirate, then always be a pirate.

For the lonogest time I thought that's what you actually looked like. True story.

My husband did it with our son in 2011, and actually requested to do it again! The experience is a blast. My son still talks about getting to be a pirate with his dad!

Whoa, wait a minute. A dad/son combo is an option? WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS?!

Now excuse me, I must make plans.... arrr

We have never done the Pirate's League, but I can assure you that if we ever do I will find that kid in me and join the crew. Aaarrrggghhhhhhh!

Whoa, wait a minute. A dad/son combo is an option? WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS?! Now excuse me, I must make plans.... arrr

It's not an option....it's a MUST!!! :)

As long as the dad has a good sense of humor and does not mind being looked at funny for the rest of the day. But that's the best part!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter