Daddy Daughter Disney Dash - January 2018 -- COMPLETED

I'm following along, but not likely to comment much. A lot going on in my crazy life right now and my dis time is lower than an ant's butt right now. So far behind on so many.

Besides, multiquoting on my phone is a royal pain

I'm following along, but not likely to comment much. A lot going on in my crazy life right now and my dis time is lower than an ant's butt right now. So far behind on so many.

Besides, multiquoting on my phone is a royal pain

No worries. We’re in Disney right now so I probably won’t update until this weekend. Too hard to post updates while enjoying the world!

Haven't read a thing...

But I'm here!
I'll be back in a bit. Only have 20 or so TRs to catch up on! :faint:

Didn't know that. Was just at EPCOT. Had I known, might have tried to meet up

We actually were also in Epcot for a little bit. Played mini-golf at Fantasia gardens and then walked thru IG en route to monorail to TTC with a pit stop at Frozen ride.

Joining in!

Great TR so far!
Thanks!

I’ll probably post the next update Sunday. We’re leaving WDW in just a few mins and I.am.drained. Been congested most of the week and haven’t slept well at all.

Will be nice to be back in our regular bed.

It was the best of times…

….it was the worst of times.

NO! That’s not it either!!!

Are you sure??? o_O

f you know where that intro comes from…shout out your guesses in the comments.

Had to google the first, but I have read a Tale of Two Cities.

Forgive me if the pictures aren't great. They were all shot on an iPhone.

Nothing wrong with that!
iPhones are better than quite a few cameras these days.

IMG_6299.JPG

Hey! It's Mrs. mustinjourney!

The two young ones in the front row are my DDs. The youngest one makes that shocked face on any and every drop known to man.

:laughing:

As for me, I do not scare nearly as easily. In fact, some rides I find quite boring. So much so that I have actually fallen asleep. See for yourself.

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_397114657340.jpeg

Well, it is a bit dull. Just an elevator after all.

My favorite rides are RNRC, ToT, FOP, people mover, and EE (not in that order).

So what's the order then?

We actually have a tradition where we allow her to jump on the bed upon arrival at the hotel, since… you know…it is vacation and all.

Just her? Why aren't you?

she’s convinced the monster is going to get her

She's right. He tries to get everyone.

Awwwww… poor thing.

She enjoys meeting the characters much more than her sister.

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_397114747713.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_397114579524.jpeg

:lmao:

my love for Disney snowballed out of control to the point where I now own 30+ movies, and I am a DVC member, an AP holder, and a TIW holder.

Holy carp! When you go in... you go all in!

I think this might have been, top to bottom, the best trip I’ve had at The World.

Great! :)

Raise your hands if you want to join us along for a fun filled Disney Dash!!!

:wave:

back later for more...

So say goodbye to Akershus, Bon Voyage, BOG (dinner) and Lilo & Stitch breakfast.

It’s not like those reservations are hard to get or anything.

:laughing: Ouch!

But!!!!
I always tell parents traveling to Disney. "Remember why you're going."
You're doing it for the wee one. Do what they want and you'll have a Disney partner for life. :)

So good for you!

Before posting the next update for our first day -- I just want to give a shout out to @pkondz.

:wave:

He writes some epic trip reports -- and if you haven't read them -- you should definitely give them a look!

:blush:
Aw, shucks.

But thank you very much for the kind words.

But the reason I'm giving him the shout out is because this trip never would have happened without his TR from when he took his youngest on a Father/daughter trip a few years ago. Honestly, the thought never would have crossed my mind to have done this -- so I just want to publicly thank him for his TR. It is THE thing that led me to take this trip with Kat and the memories we created are priceless. Thanks again @pkondz!

Glad I could inspire you to (as you say) have "top to bottom, the best trip I’ve had at The World."

:goodvibes

made the executive decision that we would try to maximize our time at The World,

Also made the executive decision to breathe.
And also made the executive decision to keep heart pumping.

:rolleyes1

Did I forget to mention that I’m not a morning person?

There are two types of persons.
Those who are not morning persons
and those who lie and say they are morning persons

But I do make exceptions for vacations!!!

Those who make exceptions for vacations
and those who don't go on vacations.

she had no idea she was only a short eight hours from leaving for the happiest place on earth!

Glad that worked out so well! I'd be worried that my girls (at that age.... hmmmm... actually even now) would not be happy with my little joke.

I told Kat that I was taking her golfing with me.

Have you ever taken her golfing that early?

Side bar -- I apologize in advance -- I like doing side stories to give some context.

I like reading 'em. Don't apologize.

I joined a golf club here in Houston and was averaging about 60-75 rounds a year.

Whoa.
I have golfed 60-75 holes.... over a span of 5-6 years.

I'm not a golfer.

Awww...

I was a huge golf fanatic -- but what is funny is that I don't miss golfing nearly as much as I miss just taking her out in the afternoons during those random days. So much fun.

:hug: I totally understand that.

We made our customary pit stop at the neighborhood kolache place

The what what?

"Early? What do you mean early? By the time we get there and warm up, it'll be sunny! Plus, since we're playing so early, we'll be able to do more fun stuff today! Won't that be AWESOME?"

Smooth.

(Inner monologue) "Whew! That was close! You are a genius!"

Kat: "But what about the rain?"

Me: (inner monologue) "dammit -- I knew I shouldn't have gotten the kolache! Her brain is actually functioning now!"

Kat: BEST. DAY. EVER!!!!

Yusss!!!

I could barely contain my excitement with the anticipation of all the fun we’d have together.

Love reading that line.

Wow! She sure looks super happy! :)

DW seems to love to play the game of how few minutes can she spend in the airport before boarding.

I do not like this game.

(I got a double vodka diet sprite and threw it into the Yeti – tipped the bar tender $4 and said “you didn’t see that.” He smiled and nodded. After 6 trips in less than two years, he already knows me. Don’t judge!).

That was until we ran into this…

IMG_5441.JPG

Get out of the way people! You do not want this young lady's smile to fade!

EVERY.SINGLE.PERSON didn’t have their paperwork or their magic bands out when they got to the front.

Oh, for the love of Pete.

"Would all those people who don't have their paperwork or MBs, kindly move to the side? Preferably outside. Preferably onto the road... in the path of a bus?

I sashayed to the desk (hat tip to @pkondz )

Atta boy

but Kat thought it would be fun to sit in the back!

:sad2:

Photo op denied... or was it?

Kinda really love this photo of her. :)

Plus, the bus driver let us go to the very front of the bus to get the coveted picture since no one sat in the handicap seats.

Whaaaa?? No. Way.

Perfect!

Bonus! He earned an extra $5 for that! I think the free drink(s) was/were starting to loosen my purse strings. Ha!

Disney? Loosening purse strings?

Nah.

I think we checked in around 1:20 pm, and we were seated within five minutes. Score!

Phew! Thought you'd get a "sorry. You're late. It'll be at least 45 minutes."

The atmosphere here is pretty cool – and Kat really enjoyed the car seats.

::yes:: My girls did too. :)

The onion rings were really good and the burger was the best I’ve had on property (but I’ve only had them at QS places…so it’s not a great comparison).

Really! Huh. Maybe I need to pay this place another visit...

We had FPs for the 2:30 show and got in right before they started letting the regular queue in. Did I mention I love this show?

I've never seen it. Should make an effort to.

After singing our hearts out,

Awww. :)

Neither of us were the rebel spy though.

Poop. Your odds went up with a little one. Well... her odds went up.
At least every time I've gone, they've picked a youngster. I'm okay with that, actually.

Not sure what it takes to get that, but I’ve been on this thing at least 15 times and still haven’t ever gotten picked. It must be rigged!

Time to go when there's no one else there. ;)

So we started heading down Sunset Blvd, but then Kat asked me to slow down. In fact, she said we needed to turn around. Something had spooked her so bad she was hiding her head. I wasn’t sure what was the matter, but I must admit I started to get a little spooked myself. See for yourself.

IMG_5485.JPG

What the heck happened!?!?!?

I then ask her if she wants to do it again, and both times now she’s said, “no thank you. Once was good.”

:laughing: Almost exactly what my DD8 (at the time) said.

It was a cute puppet show and I think Kat enjoyed it…but I would say it was a one and done for me.

Yeah. Did that 10 years ago. I'm good, thanks.

TSMM. The FP line was backed up a decent amount, so it ended up taking us about 20 minutes before we actually got on the ride.

That's not bad at all for that ride!

I was actually shocked at her accuracy. Check out her score!

Impressive. :thumbsup2

But there was no way I was going to let her win!

Of course not! Dad rule #432!

We had a 7:30 ADR back at Beaches & Cream to make

Nice!

Of course, we stopped and watched the first half of the Star Wars stage show since Kat screamed – “look! It’s the bad guy!” (that’s what she calls darth vader).

:laughing: The child ain't wrong.

Kat got the kid’s meal Mac & Cheese (see a trend?)

::yes::
My girls ate nothing else when they were little, there.

I got the grilled cheese and tomato bisque

ooooh! Been dying to try this? Verdict?

All the food was pretty good, but they sat us at a two topper right next to the to-go line…so the whole meal was a little awkward with people literally standing right next to us.

erk. Oh well. At least you got in. Not the easiest place to get an ADR.

I had planned on getting the snickers sundae, but I was already too full and Kat said she didn’t want any ice cream.

Huh?

giphy.gif

I'm sorry.... WHAT????????????????????

I had some instacart deliveries made while we were at dinner and I got text messages that they had arrived.

Is that like Skip-the-Dishes?

bonus points – our luggage from DME was also waiting for us!

score!

Long story short, I didn’t get the delivery until the next afternoon when I decided to check with the front desk (this was 8 hours after bell services said they checked EVERYWHERE...including front desk and the convention center). Instacart was great about the whole thing, they said they’d refund me the money since I didn’t have it. Of course, I had to call them back to stop the charge reversal once I realized the hotel screwed the whole thing up.

T-Minus 24 hours until our plane heads back to The World!!!

Well -- it's not "our" plane. It's Southwest's plane. That certainly would be nice. So excited for this one -- it will be DW and both DDs. 7 nights at VGF.

Oh! Off again.
Hope you are having/had a great time! :)

Had to google the first, but I have read a Tale of Two Cities.

that is one answer -- but I was actually inspired by the comedians/narrators of the Frozen Sing Along. This is how they started off the show when we watched it that week.

So what's the order then?

Probably FOP, TOT, EE (front row), PM, RNRC.

Just her? Why aren't you?

If I also jumped on the beds, then Disney would not allow me to stay on property anymore. I'm bigger than an NFL linebacker.

Holy carp! When you go in... you go all in!

I do have somewhat of an addictive personality. I can go down a rabbit hole.

Glad I could inspire you to (as you say) have "top to bottom, the best trip I’ve had at The World."

I truly mean it -- word of warning, if I ever meet you in real life, you're getting a big hug.

tenor.gif

Those who are not morning persons
and those who lie and say they are morning persons
I seriously don't get morning people. I come awake around 3 pm.

Those who make exceptions for vacations
and those who don't go on vacations.
I usually only make exceptions on disney vacations. Too much to do and see! Now if I'm going solo, I'll sleep in b/c I'm likely staying out til park closing. But with the kids, I might as well get up for rope drop since they're up and jumping on me by 6:45 am.

Have you ever taken her golfing that early?

I told you I wasn't a morning person, right? Earliest I've taken her is probably a 10 am tee time...so leaving the house prior to daylight was certainly not in the norm.

The what what?

FallKolaches_1__950b6116-548e-4025-a7f4-e86d9b18e06b.jpg

I'm not a great liar -- but I did have that answer somewhat prepared.

Wow! She sure looks super happy! :)

Notice how dark it still is? And yes, she was super excited!

Get out of the way people! You do not want this young lady's smile to fade!

More like my smile to fade. She did actually ask if we had a fastpass for the line. I've created a monster.

Really! Huh. Maybe I need to pay this place another visit...

Well -- we just went this past week and the food was pretty good -- but our server was pretty blah. Burger wasn't quite as good as I remembered it -- but this time, I wasn't starving either...so that might have had something to do with it.

I've never seen it. Should make an effort to.

I go even on solo and adult trips. The comedians are hilarious.

That's not bad at all for that ride!

20 mins for FP is a little long. I've actually never gone thru the standby queue on this ride. If a wait is over 30 mins, I'm not likely doing it.

My girls ate nothing else when they were little, there.

Well -- now my daughters only want SHELLS and cheese. The regular boxed Kraft is no longer any good -- so this past trip this week, they ordered it and then didn't eat it!!! And then an hour later complained that they were hungry.

ooooh! Been dying to try this? Verdict?

That grill cheese with bacon and onions is really good.

erk. Oh well. At least you got in. Not the easiest place to get an ADR.

I have a few tips and tricks to get ADRs. Touringplans resort finder being a really good one.

I'm sorry.... WHAT????????????????????

Yeah. My thoughts exactly. She seems to only want to eat the weird colored stuff (rainbow, sherbert, etc.)

Is that like Skip-the-Dishes?

Instacart is a grocery delivery service. So more like skip the grocery store...and only pay a slight upcharge.

Oh! Off again.
Hope you are having/had a great time! :)

Did a lot of new stuff. Convinced Kat to do the jedi training...which was a highlight of the trip for her. We had some bad timing with buses and the resort monorails were ridiculously backed up some times. Particularly on party nights around dinner time. I'm guessing a lot of park guests leave MK at 6:00-6:30 and just mob those things. Did a lot of pool time and hit up Toy Story Land three different times. Kat rode SDD 5 times! Rider swap is nice for that! Only issue for me was that I got a sore throat the night before we left -- but it more or less didn't affect me during the day. Sleeping was a different story. The last night I didn't sleep more than 30 minutes at a time for 8 hours...and the whole day I was just feeling out of it. The plane ride home was not the best. Now I've got full blown sinus congestion and a semi-fever. Still worth it though -- the good memories tend to outlast the bad ones!

Oh -- totally forgot -- my youngest daughter was finally tall enough for Barnstormer and she actually rode it without crying. She also didn't cry when meeting any of the characters this time (except for goofy -- he freaked her out)...but she loved Doc McStuffins, Vampirina and Sophia the First. Perhaps she's sexist?

hey everyone -- I know I said I'd probably post an update tonight -- but I have really bad sinus congestion and a slight fever, so I'm going to hit the sack early tonight and hope I can sleep this thing off.

that is one answer -- but I was actually inspired by the comedians/narrators of the Frozen Sing Along.

Never heard of it.

:duck:

Probably FOP, TOT, EE (front row), PM, RNRC.

Interesting that you put Wedway before RNRC.

If I also jumped on the beds, then Disney would not allow me to stay on property anymore. I'm bigger than an NFL linebacker.

Consider it a public service to Disney. The ultimate mattress test. You can let them know if they pass or fail.
Trust me... they'll appreciate it.

I do have somewhat of an addictive personality. I can go down a rabbit hole.

I believe I may have noticed that! :laughing:

I truly mean it -- word of warning, if I ever meet you in real life, you're getting a big hug.

I'm good with that. :)

I seriously don't get morning people. I come awake around 3 pm.

Whoa! You really aren't a morning person.

I'm just a... person. I remember when I used to sleep. Ah the good old days.

I usually only make exceptions on disney vacations. Too much to do and see! Now if I'm going solo, I'll sleep in b/c I'm likely staying out til park closing. But with the kids, I might as well get up for rope drop since they're up and jumping on me by 6:45 am.

If I'm going solo, I'm up at 4am or so and not getting to bed much before 1am or so.

I told you I wasn't a morning person, right? Earliest I've taken her is probably a 10 am tee time...so leaving the house prior to daylight was certainly not in the norm.

Ah. Lucky she didn't press the issue.

Holy crap!

More like my smile to fade. She did actually ask if we had a fastpass for the line. I've created a monster.

Well -- we just went this past week and the food was pretty good -- but our server was pretty blah. Burger wasn't quite as good as I remembered it -- but this time, I wasn't starving either...so that might have had something to do with it.

Hmmm... being hungry counts for a lot.

20 mins for FP is a little long. I've actually never gone thru the standby queue on this ride. If a wait is over 30 mins, I'm not likely doing it.

Oh! I thought that was standby.

Well -- now my daughters only want SHELLS and cheese.

Been there. I remember that phase well.

so this past trip this week, they ordered it and then didn't eat it!!! And then an hour later complained that they were hungry.

:rotfl:

I feel your pain!

That grill cheese with bacon and onions is really good.

Good!

Instacart is a grocery delivery service. So more like skip the grocery store...and only pay a slight upcharge.

Ah, okay. Got it now.

Did a lot of new stuff. Convinced Kat to do the jedi training...which was a highlight of the trip for her.

Cool!

We had some bad timing with buses and the resort monorails were ridiculously backed up some times. Particularly on party nights around dinner time. I'm guessing a lot of park guests leave MK at 6:00-6:30 and just mob those things. Did a lot of pool time and hit up Toy Story Land three different times. Kat rode SDD 5 times! Rider swap is nice for that! Only issue for me was that I got a sore throat the night before we left -- but it more or less didn't affect me during the day. Sleeping was a different story. The last night I didn't sleep more than 30 minutes at a time for 8 hours...and the whole day I was just feeling out of it. The plane ride home was not the best. Now I've got full blown sinus congestion and a semi-fever. Still worth it though -- the good memories tend to outlast the bad ones!

So ups and downs.
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, though.

Oh -- totally forgot -- my youngest daughter was finally tall enough for Barnstormer and she actually rode it without crying. She also didn't cry when meeting any of the characters this time (except for goofy -- he freaked her out)...but she loved Doc McStuffins, Vampirina and Sophia the First. Perhaps she's sexist?

Just be glad she like some characters. :)

hey everyone -- I know I said I'd probably post an update tonight -- but I have really bad sinus congestion and a slight fever, so I'm going to hit the sack early tonight and hope I can sleep this thing off.

:hug:
Get better!

Interesting that you put Wedway before RNRC.

some of that has to do with the wait to get on as well as just the sentimental value I place on peoplemover. Both kids are still too small for RNRC, so it doesn't have any sentimental value for me. I love peoplemover b/c we try to always do it as our last ride of the trip. It allows me to reminisce on the last few days while also enjoying everyone's company. It's also great for people watching!

:hug:
Get better!

Working on it! Actually got about 10 hours of sleep last night -- but still congested. In fact, it's so bad right now I've lost my sense of smell and taste -- which is a good way to lose some weight during the holiday season! No sense in eating cookies when there's kale around!

Day 2 – Epcot/Pool/Moonlight Magic

Helllllloooo Everybody!!! Sorry for the delay. Life can get in the way. I'm still fighting some severe congestion -- so much so that I have no taste or smell right now. But since I'm going to stay positive, that means I can drink the cheap stuff and eat kale! Best diet ever!

Ok. Where were we? Oh yeah…day one was in the books and it is now day two. The schedule for today called for Epcot, hang out at the pool and then hit up the DVC Moonlight Magic in the evening. Unfortunately, the forecast was rather ominous. Rain was in the forecast more or less all day, and heavy thunderstorms were expected starting in the late afternoon.

The day started out nice and early with a quick breakfast at the QS at BCV. Kat got a plate full of Mickey Waffles and I went with bacon and eggs. Pretty good – but not outstanding. Kat enjoyed the syrup.

IMG_5504.JPG

Lady enjoyed the view.

IMG_5505.JPG

After that quick breakfast, we headed back to the room to get ready for the day. You didn’t notice Kat was still in her PJs?

Since we were planning on meeting the Frozen girls, I decided I would try my luck with a French braid as best I could to mimic Elsa’s hair do. Say what you will – I was pretty proud of myself. Thanks YouTube!+
IMG_5507.JPG

So after approximately 45 minutes (just kidding – it only took me 15 mins to do that), it was time to head into Epcot. Since we were staying at BCV, we entered through the international gateway. Let me just say – if you’ve never done this in the AM – it is really awesome. No one is around and you can get some really good pictures in front of UK and Canada.
IMG_5509.JPG
IMG_5510.JPG

Apparently Kat likes morning drinking.
IMG_5513.JPG

After pulling her away from the pub, we finally made our way toward future world. Stopped briefly at a photo op place, but she wasn’t feeling it anymore.
IMG_5516.JPG

No worries – time for the first ride of the day – and for Kat – her first ride on the fastest ride at WDW!!!

IMG_5535.JPG

Haha -- Just kidding!

She designed her car and I designed my car. I must say, I was pretty confident I would destroy her. See for yourself.

IMG_5523.JPG

vs my car...

IMG_5524.JPG

There's no way in hell I'm losing this one. Her car is an abomination of engineering.

And then we got to the scores...
Disgusted-Face-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-13.gif

I guess I forgot to take a picture of the final score – but somehow, her behemoth outscored mine like 199 to 198. I will not let that happen again!!!

Believe it or not – I was able to coax her onto mission space:green. Luckily it was a walk on, so we didn’t have to wait too long. Unfortunately, all of the pre-ride warnings and videos started to get her extremely anxious. She was sooooooo close to crying and backing out…but if you know me in real life – I wasn’t going to let her back out of anything.

IMG_5528.JPG

Well – she was definitely scared part of the way through – but by the end, she declared it was “THE BEST RIDE EVER!” (spoiler alert – she says that about several rides). So I guess you can all hold off on calling CPS for now. J

Next up we had some FPs for Spaceship Earth. Normally this would be a walk-on or at most, a 5 to 10 minute wait via FP. For some reason, at 10:10 am – it was the longest line I’ve ever seen.

IMG_5535.JPG

What the What???

No idea what the problem was – I can only assume the ride went down prior to us getting there. Either that – or all the dummies that enter Epcot think this is THE.RIDE.TO.GO.ON. But I digress. As always, SE was awesome. I can’t help but feel good about humanity everytime I ride that ride.

Following SE, it was time for yet another first for Kat. She was finally tall enough to take flight!!! Again – she was a little apprehensive (although not as bad as MS), but she quickly got over it and the excitement soon took hold.
IMG_5539.MOV

Prior to taking flight, we both took off our shoes to get a more realistic feeling. Normally – I’ll take off the socks too. Gives you a much more realistic feeling of flying.
IMG_5543.JPG

She was so damn funny during the ride. Every time there was simulation of movement, she would let out a huge happy squeal.

I’m not talking a subtle, quiet squeal. No...that would be expected.

I'm not sure exactly how to accurately reflect what sound was coming from this little mini-me.

It’d probably be more accurate to call it a really loud and high pitched screech? One that goes on for a good 2.......or 30 seconds???

Luckily, the people around us had all been on it before and appreciated the enthusiasm. After the fireworks and the safe landing, she YELLED...AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS,

“BEST. RIDE. EVAH!!!!”

200.gif

I told you it wasn’t the last time.

So how the hell do you top that?

With a quick trip to Arendelle, of course.

IMG_5559.MOV
IMG_5553.JPG
IMG_5570.PNG
IMG_5572.PNG

That creeper picture is probably my favorite!

What you can’t tell from the pictures is that Kat is SUPER shy around the characters. She barely talks to them at all, but once we leave the room, she is always so excited and can barely contain herself.

tenor.gif

I love this meet and greet probably the most. No FPs needed since they have (SPOILER ALERT) multiple rooms with the characters, which allows them to spend quite a bit of time with you. In our case, since we were the only ones in the room, both ladies of Arendelle talked to her at the same time. It was so much fun for her.

….I might have enjoyed it too.

Following our princess meet and greet, we boarded our boat and took in a ride through the great frozen tundra. By this point, it was a little past noon, so we grabbed a quick bite to eat at the Mexico QS (sorry, no pictures – but I’m pretty sure I got kid nachos and the taco trio thing – very good), before heading back to BCV for a little pool and rest time.

We hit up the pool for a couple hours (no pictures since I didn’t trust the water proofing of my brand new iphone 8, sorry). Let me just say that SAB, with the sand bottom on the pool is AWESOME! I literally just walked around and kneaded my feet. It was like getting a foot massage. If you ever stay there – make sure you hit the pool up. We didn’t mess with the slide since I didn’t want to have to follow her over to the entrance. I’ve been on the slide before, and it really isn’t all that fun, so I didn’t want to even bring it to her attention.

After the pool, it was time to get ready for the DVC moonlight magic event. The weather still wasn’t looking great – but that wasn’t going to stop us!

How wet do we get?

Stay tuned to see how that goes!!!

CLICK FOR NEXT POST!!!

Last edited:
some of that has to do with the wait to get on as well as just the sentimental value I place on peoplemover. Both kids are still too small for RNRC, so it doesn't have any sentimental value for me. I love peoplemover b/c we try to always do it as our last ride of the trip. It allows me to reminisce on the last few days while also enjoying everyone's company. It's also great for people watching!

Never underestimate the power of nostalgia at Disney.

Working on it! Actually got about 10 hours of sleep last night -- but still congested. In fact, it's so bad right now I've lost my sense of smell and taste -- which is a good way to lose some weight during the holiday season! No sense in eating cookies when there's kale around!

Dude. There's never a good time for kale.

Never underestimate the power of nostalgia at Disney.

Dude. There's never a good time for kale.

nostalgia is why we all pay 50% more than we should for hotel rooms.

And if you can't taste anything -- you might as well eat kale...of course I don't have any of it in the house, so it was more hyperbole than anything! Didn't you pay attention to my first post? I said I would use literary tools throughout the trip report. You can't honestly expect me to literally eat kale. When I say kale, I really mean some sort of leafy substance...or something green, like broccoli or celery.

To be clear -- I do not keep kale in the house. It is vile.

But since I'm going to stay positive, that means I can drink the cheap stuff and eat kale! Best diet ever!

Rain was in the forecast more or less all day, and heavy thunderstorms were expected starting in the late afternoon.

How.... Floridian.

The day started out nice and early

Ah yes. You're a morning person. Right.

Kat enjoyed the syrup.

IMG_5504.JPG

You didn’t notice Kat was still in her PJs?

Nope! Just assumed it was a normal kid top.

I decided I would try my luck with a French braid as best I could to mimic Elsa’s hair do. Say what you will – I was pretty proud of myself. Thanks YouTube!+

Holy crap! Dude!

:worship:

So after approximately 45 minutes (just kidding – it only took me 15 mins to do that),

would've taken me all day. and then I would've said "Sorry! Can't do it!"

Let me just say – if you’ve never done this in the AM – it is really awesome. No one is around and you can get some really good pictures in front of UK and Canada.

Ah! Good tip! :)

:laughing: Like that shot.

After pulling her away from the pub

:rotfl:

Stopped briefly at a photo op place, but she wasn’t feeling it anymore.
IMG_5516.JPG

And yet... makes for an awfully cute photo.

No worries – time for the first ride of the day – and for Kat – her first ride on the fastest ride at WDW!!!
IMG_5535.JPG

Haha -- Just kidding!

IMG_5523.JPG

somehow, her behemoth outscored mine like 199 to 198. I will not let that happen again!!!

maybe she's just... better than you.

Well – she was definitely scared part of the way through – but by the end, she declared it was “THE BEST RIDE EVER!” (spoiler alert – she says that about several rides).

Great!

So I guess you can all hold off on calling CPS for now

<puts down phone>

Next up we had some FPs for Spaceship Earth. Normally this would be a walk-on or at most, a 5 to 10 minute wait via FP. For some reason, at 10:10 am – it was the longest line I’ve ever seen.

I've seen that. Best to just go away and come back 5-10 minutes later.

She was so damn funny during the ride. Every time there was simulation of movement, she would let out a huge happy squeal.

:laughing: I love that.

“BEST. RIDE. EVAH!!!!”

Woot!

….I might have enjoyed it too.

Uh, huh... :rolleyes2

Let me just say that SAB, with the sand bottom on the pool is AWESOME!

I'd love to try it out once.
That would mean I'd have the moolah to stay there. (or rent points... hmmm...)

nostalgia is why we all pay 50% more than we should for hotel rooms.

And if you can't taste anything -- you might as well eat kale...of course I don't have any of it in the house, so it was more hyperbole than anything! Didn't you pay attention to my first post? I said I would use literary tools throughout the trip report. You can't honestly expect me to literally eat kale. When I say kale, I really mean some sort of leafy substance...or something green, like broccoli or celery.

Wait... you have broccoli in your house?

To be clear -- I do not keep kale in the house. It is vile.

We may remain friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter