Daddy Daughter Disney Dash - January 2018 -- COMPLETED

it is definitely hard to finally post the last chapter.

There's a cure for that, you know.

It's been so much fun telling the story and interacting with all of you over the last few months!

:goodvibes Glad you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed reading!

She completely surprised me though when she declined and said she wanted to go on the Carousel of Progress.

What is wrong with your kid, dude????

:lmao:

she was emphatic that she wanted to do the ride with the dog,

I totally get that. Not surprised in the least. My youngest would've done the exact same thing (if she knew/remembered about the dog.)

Only problem was that I was doing some math in my head at this point. As you may recall, we have to be at the Poly lobby by 4 pm, and it would be roughly 3:30 pm when we actually got into COP and the show is every bit of 20 minutes long. So we were going to need to leave COP and make it to the Poly in about 10 minutes. Even if I was by myself that would be a stretch – but pushing a stroller? I mean, I'm pretty sure Usain Bolt might have issues with this.

Well... Usain Bolt is maybe just past his prime now, so... Yeah, I'll agree with you.

“To the COP!” I exclaimed.

Well, we get done with the show and she was super happy about her choice – so who am I to second guess her decisions.

Then ya done good. :)

Fast-Stroller.gif

:laughing: Who thinks of these things?????

I’m shocked to tell you, but we were able to get from COP to Poly lobby just shy of 4:00 pm.

Whoa! Holy speed running!

Kat had a great time of yelling “RUN!!!!” anytime I slowed down to make sure I wasn’t having a heart attack.

:rotfl:

I guess all that training I’ve done for the All ride Disney challenge has paid off.

::yes:: You're still alive to write this, so...

before boarding the Tragic Express.

Worst Disney ride.

Trip home was uneventful (which is a good thing).

Yup. You don't want an already depressing journey to be made any worse.

we got really lucky with an empty seat in our row

Nice! Score.

Awww... still in her princess dress. :)

WHAT. A. TRIP!!!

:woohoo:

While the weather didn’t cooperate with us the whole time

It seldom does. Florida. 'nuff said.

I can only hope she will be able to remember them as well. I know I will never forget them!

Then you can remind her... or just show her this TR. :)

Thank you again to everyone for letting me share this adventure with you all.

Thank you for letting us share your fun time with your DD!

Looking forward to doing this with my youngest in a couple years. :love:

Yay!

DAY 5 -- CHAPTER 11 -- DO WE HAVE TO LEAVE?​

Oh man -- even though this TR has already been completed long ago -- it is definitely hard to finally post the last chapter. It's been so much fun telling the story and interacting with all of you over the last few months! But -- as they say, the show must go on!

So we last left off with the most perfect ride on the Peoplemover. And we were incredibly pressed for time in order to make it back to the Poly to catch our 4:00 pm DME.

At this point, it was about 3:25 pm and I asked Kathryn if she wanted to hit up 7DMT as the last ride (yes -- we had a FP).

She completely surprised me though when she declined and said she wanted to go on the Carousel of Progress.

giphy.gif

HUH? That can’t be right. She MUST be mistaken as to what the COP is.

I double checked with her to make sure she understood the decision, but she was emphatic that she wanted to do the ride with the dog, so I went ahead and cancelled the FPs.

Like I said – she likes the classics.

Only problem was that I was doing some math in my head at this point. As you may recall, we have to be at the Poly lobby by 4 pm, and it would be roughly 3:30 pm when we actually got into COP and the show is every bit of 20 minutes long. So we were going to need to leave COP and make it to the Poly in about 10 minutes. Even if I was by myself that would be a stretch – but pushing a stroller? I mean, I'm pretty sure Usain Bolt might have issues with this.

giphy.gif

At this point, I figured if we missed the bus, we could always Uber to the airport. Not wild about that prospect – but squeezing in one last ride is always fun!

“To the COP!” I exclaimed.

Well, we get done with the show and she was super happy about her choice – so who am I to second guess her decisions.

I then told her that she needed to get in the stroller and we were going to have to RUN out of the park.

Fast-Stroller.gif

I’m shocked to tell you, but we were able to get from COP to Poly lobby just shy of 4:00 pm. We got to the express monorail right as it was coming into station and then I proceeded to run from the TTC to the lobby. Kat had a great time of yelling “RUN!!!!” anytime I slowed down to make sure I wasn’t having a heart attack. I guess all that training I’ve done for the All ride Disney challenge has paid off.

Another bit of fortune was that the bus didn’t arrive right at 4 pm, so I did have 5 minutes or so to catch my breath, get our bags from bell services, and cool down a bit before boarding the Tragic Express.

Trip home was uneventful (which is a good thing). We had a couple of hours in the United Club (which is when I actually started drafting this TR!) and we got really lucky with an empty seat in our row

IMG_6021.JPG

so Kat was able to lay down and sleep.

IMG_6024.JPG

Got home pretty late and more or less crashed at that point.

But man or man.

WHAT. A. TRIP!!!

While the weather didn’t cooperate with us the whole time – the trip was still absolutely amazing. So many wonderful memories were created, and I can only hope she will be able to remember them as well. I know I will never forget them!

Thank you again to everyone for letting me share this adventure with you all. Hopefully I've been able to convince at least one other Dad to make a Disney Dash of their own!

Looking forward to doing this with my youngest in a couple years. :love:

IMG_6043.JPG
I know I haven't replied much(same for all the TRs especially my own), but I wanted to say bravo sir. I hope the memories stay with her the rest of her life and she realizes what a great dad she has (especially when she becomes a teen..it will be needed the most then).

I have thoroughly enjoyed following along and look forward to maybe meeting up one day.

Ending the trip with COP is a move I approve of!

WOW, super impressed that you made it back to the Poly in time!

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful trip! I look forward to a future TR from you!

It was so awesome reading about your trip! I hope you are able to have plenty more to come!

It reminded me of (I guess) what you could call my own Disney Daddy-Daughter trip. We live only 45 minutes or so away from Disneyland, so once when I was a little kid, my dad and I did a spontaneous day trip and met with my uncle and cousin. I still remember dripping ice cream onto my dad's head! (And a funnier moment where my cousin didn't use a bathroom before BTMR, which didn't turn out too well...)

Just joined and read your whole TR! What a fun trip! Your daughter looks like she had a blast the whole time, I loved the napping around the world pictures :rotfl: Great trip report! :goodvibes

There's a cure for that, you know.

Oh I know. But, as you know, they do take quite a bit of time. And this one was great for a TR, since there was a nice underlying theme involved. I've considered doing some abbreviated trip reports on some of the other ones -- but it would be difficult without any notes at this point.

:goodvibes Glad you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed reading!

giphy.gif

What is wrong with your kid, dude????

Be honest, you're just mad b/c you were soooooooooo close to guessing both rides!

Well... Usain Bolt is maybe just past his prime now, so... Yeah, I'll agree with you.

Yeah -- he probably can only run the 100 meter dash in just over 10 seconds. What a loser.

:laughing: Who thinks of these things?????

I was actually looking for a GIF of someone running with a stroller through a crowded area, and stumbled upon this one and couldn't NOT use it.

Whoa! Holy speed running!

I'm still not sure how this was achievable. Crowds were not heavy, so moving through Tomorrowland and Main Street was not that bad. Also lucked out big time with the express monorail timing. I pretty much got on and then it left within 30 seconds.

Worst Disney ride.

This was likely my saddest ride. At the time, we weren't planning on doing another family Disney trip until sometime in 2019. I did have a solo trip booked for October though.

2018 was supposed to be the year we took off from Disney after doing two big grand parent trips in 2017. However, my wife actually decided we should take her dad to Disneyland so we booked a 2BR villa at Grand Californian for mid-May. Crazily enough, I had a business trip to Paris and DW tagged along, so we went to DLP for a day in March -- and then I tagged along on her business conference in Orlando and did a few more solo days at the parks in April. And then we did a pseudo last minute trip in December for 7 nights at VGF (I had actually planned on renting that reservation out to a friend, but they wanted to stay value).

Kind of crazy.

Nice! Score.
The only thing better is getting a free upgrade to first class...but I don't get those anymore since DW stopped flying for work. :-(

Awww... still in her princess dress. :)

There wasn't exactly a lot of time to change after getting back to the Poly.

Then you can remind her... or just show her this TR. :)

I'm also toying with the idea of turning this TR into an actual bound picture book. That could be a really cool keepsake.

Thank you for letting us share your fun time with your DD!

Thank YOU again for all of your TRs. Again -- this one would not have happened but for your TRs.

tenor.gif

Oh I know. But, as you know, they do take quite a bit of time.

Oh, I know.

And this one was great for a TR, since there was a nice underlying theme involved. I've considered doing some abbreviated trip reports on some of the other ones -- but it would be difficult without any notes at this point.

Soooo... next trip... Notes.

Be honest, you're just mad b/c you were soooooooooo close to guessing both rides!

:laughing:

Maybe?

Yeah -- he probably can only run the 100 meter dash in just over 10 seconds. What a loser.

Practically a snail's pace.

I was actually looking for a GIF of someone running with a stroller through a crowded area, and stumbled upon this one and couldn't NOT use it.

::yes:: I've done that. Seen something and... "How can I get this in my TR?"

I'm still not sure how this was achievable. Crowds were not heavy, so moving through Tomorrowland and Main Street was not that bad. Also lucked out big time with the express monorail timing. I pretty much got on and then it left within 30 seconds.

Timing is everything. You just proved it!

we booked a 2BR villa at Grand Californian for mid-May.

ooooohhhh.... niiiiice.

Crazily enough, I had a business trip to Paris and DW tagged along, so we went to DLP for a day in March

Nice! How was that?

The only thing better is getting a free upgrade to first class...but I don't get those anymore since DW stopped flying for work. :-(

Tell her to get back to work!

There wasn't exactly a lot of time to change after getting back to the Poly.

No, I wouldn't think so.
And wouldn't think she'd change even if there was.

I'm also toying with the idea of turning this TR into an actual bound picture book. That could be a really cool keepsake.

I've had that exact thought. And will almost certainly do it some day. For both rugrats.

Thank YOU again for all of your TRs. Again -- this one would not have happened but for your TRs.

tenor.gif

Aww, shucks. :blush:

Well... you're welcome. :)

I know I haven't replied much(same for all the TRs especially my own), but I wanted to say bravo sir. I hope the memories stay with her the rest of her life and she realizes what a great dad she has (especially when she becomes a teen..it will be needed the most then).

Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated! She's about to turn 6 here in a couple months, so hopefully I get at least 6 more years without too much drama.

I have thoroughly enjoyed following along and look forward to maybe meeting up one day.

Sounds good! Not sure when my next trip is. Tentatively scheduled to go again in mid-October either solo, with DW, or possibly DW and DDs. They have APs, so bringing them along would just be air tickets.

Ending the trip with COP is a move I approve of!

WOW, super impressed that you made it back to the Poly in time!

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful trip! I look forward to a future TR from you!

COP is definitely a relaxing way to end the trip -- but since Kat loves 7DMT so much, I was absolutely shocked with her decision.

I'm pretty sure I set some sort of Guinness World Record in getting from COP to Poly while pushing a stroller.

Thanks for reading and commenting. It's nice to know people are enjoying it!

It was so awesome reading about your trip! I hope you are able to have plenty more to come!

Thanks for joining! Will definitely plan on doing one for DD2's trip, which is set for sometime in 2020. Hopefully that TR won't take me 10 months to finish.
clip_image001.gif
:crazy2:

It reminded me of (I guess) what you could call my own Disney Daddy-Daughter trip. We live only 45 minutes or so away from Disneyland, so once when I was a little kid, my dad and I did a spontaneous day trip and met with my uncle and cousin. I still remember dripping ice cream onto my dad's head! (And a funnier moment where my cousin didn't use a bathroom before BTMR, which didn't turn out too well...)

I wonder if your dad remembers the ice cream incident. It's funny the differences in what I remember vs what Kat remembers. She'll bring up the most random things.

Just joined and read your whole TR! What a fun trip! Your daughter looks like she had a blast the whole time, I loved the napping around the world pictures :rotfl: Great trip report! :goodvibes

:welcome: and :thanks:.

With the exception of keeping her up so late that second night, she had so much fun. Still not sorry we did the DVC late night event though, b/c even a year later, she still remembers it...and she also remembers telling me I should have made her take a nap! hahaha

:welcome: and :thanks:.

With the exception of keeping her up so late that second night, she had so much fun. Still not sorry we did the DVC late night event though, b/c even a year later, she still remembers it...and she also remembers telling me I should have made her take a nap! hahaha
Maybe you can use that to your advantage...when she argues about taking a nap, just say it's another case of where I should have made you take a nap...AND I AM!

Since I'm not ready to let this one go just yet -- I figured I would keep this alive for a little bit with a few funny posts/pictures.

So if you're ever wondering why "the dab" is now out of favor, you can officially thank me. On a previous trip, I officially did "dabbing across disney." Here's a sample..

IMG_3175.JPG

And the photo that started it all -- here's a pic of me, DW, and Kat (when she was just over 2) at our last minute trip to Disneyland in 2015.

IMG_0918.JPG

And one of my favorites from Disneyland Paris. Can you see what is so damn funny?

IMG_6302.MOV

Since I'm not ready to let this one go just yet -- I figured I would keep this alive for a little bit with a few funny posts/pictures.

And one of my favorites from Disneyland Paris. Can you see what is so damn funny?

IMG_6302.MOV
You mean the guy standing by the NO smoking sign?

You mean the guy standing by the NO smoking sign?
Yup! And this happened everywhere in Disneyland paris. People smoking everywhere. A little later, a CM actually came by and swept up cigarettes WHILE that guy was smoking.

Last edited:
So if you're ever wondering why "the dab" is now out of favor, you can officially thank me

Thank you. Never quite got into that one.

And the photo that started it all -- here's a pic of me, DW, and Kat (when she was just over 2) at our last minute trip to Disneyland in 2015.

Awww... must have tons of video of that one.

No. To be quite frank, no I don't. That ticks me off, actually. I don't want to breathe in your (his) poison, thankyouverymuch.

Do you have any idea how many times I've seen someone toss a butt out the window? And how many people I've wanted to dump an entire truckful of used butts on their lawns?

Not going to lie -- I'm a little torn to post the last bit from the report. Once it's posted, then this thread will fade off into the disboard abyss.
I know the feeling. I've been slowly working on my first trip report over the last few months and it's nearing the end. It will be a bit sad when it's all done.

Interesting side note. My DD loves stuffed toys. She has that same Lady stuffie :)

Thanks for inspiring me to at least consider doing a Dad/daughter trip one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter