Daddy Daughter Disney Dash - January 2018 -- COMPLETED

What a cute pic of you two on BTMRR!

The end of a Disney trip is always so sad. And I'm sure even sadder watching one as magical as this one come to an end!

IMG_5917.MOV

:laughing: Great shot!

(*ETA -- we went to the lobby b/c we had to drop our bags off with the airline peeps prior to noon)

Ah. Okay, makes sense.

With that said, we got into MK pretty easily and immediately made our way over to the WILDEST WILD IN THE WILDERNESS. And yes – BACK ROW!!! i'm no novice!!!

oooh... Barnstormer.

:rolleyes1

Awwww.... :goodvibes

Can you tell someone is excited???

Just a tad!

Good grief, man! Get her back on a ride! Stat!

When we exited, I turned my head and looked at the Mountain and couldn’t believe how beautiful it was. The sky was an amazing shade of blue. Check this out!

IMG_5929.JPG

Whoa! Almost surreal!

Here’s Kathryn’s spooky face.

:laughing: ooooh!!! I is scairt!

I'm pretty sure I like her first attempt...but they are both priceless to me. Which do you prefer???

Actually, the earlier one, too. I like her hand position.

Following HM, we ventured to IASW and somehow the wait was minimal.

no wait it minimal enough for this ride. I will have to ride it in May, but... that's what earbuds and AC/DC is for.

Funny thing about this ride is that Kat is now more mesmerized by the little “water tornadoes” on the side of the boats moreso than the actual animatronics.

Huh. Just don't let her trail her hand in the water and get pinched (or worse!) by the rail.

Nice pano shot.

I figured it was a good time to hit up Tiana and Rapunzel,

Nice shots. She looks pretty pleased. :)

Sorry @pkondz -- no pics of Ariel in her swimwear on this trip.

That's okay. I prefer the real thing to the animatronic.

I'll give you some good pics on the tail end of the trip. That line was a little more than I could stomach. Pun intended.

:sad2:

We did have about 30 more minutes to kill so I figured we'd take a ride on the Railroad around the park.

Hmmm.... I'm not sure if I've done that... Maybe?

About 3:10 pm we got on the Peoplemover for one last jaunt around Tomorrowland.

(@pkondz -- so far you have one correct!)

Woot!

I gotta be honest, I spent a good chunk of this ride holding back the happy tears.

:goodvibes

It was almost too much.

I was so happy with how the trip had turned out – and I just didn’t want to have to call it a day.

I'm really not joking. I was so close to losing it.

Awwww... :hug:

There it is! Well done.

I mean -- seriously, does it get any better????

Possibly not. :)

Definitely not crying.

:rolleyes1

Of course not. Not us men! Nope!

(don't forget we need to be at PVB at 3:55 pm for the 4 pm magical express)

Typo. Disney's Unmagical depress. Or DUD for short.

AND DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR AN UBER TO GET TO THE AIRPORT???

Gonna go with no.

:laughing: Great shot!

Thanks!

Ah. Okay, makes sense.

It's funny that, almost a year later, I was looking at that picture and trying to figure out why the hell I would have gone to the lobby and caught the regular resort monorail, and for the life of me...could not understand how I could have been so stupid....

...but then later during the posting, I quickly realized that our bags had to be picked up later from bell services and then I realized that I wasn't stupid...but was in fact a complete GENIUS!!!

Awwww.... :goodvibes

SHE. LOVES. THIS. RIDE.

Good grief, man! Get her back on a ride! Stat!

While I am an expert at working the FP+ system...I can only do so much. Had I not been holding the 7DMT FP for later in the day, I could have possibly worked some BTMRR magic -- but that would have required dropping the 7DMT FP -- and we all know you just don't do that.

Whoa! Almost surreal!

The pictures don't even do it justice. It was pretty spectacular. I mean -- I was on a somewhat tight schedule and I stopped to just admire it.

Actually, the earlier one, too. I like her hand position.

I think she was trying to do Elsa's frozen power -- not sure why she thought that was 'spooky'.

no wait it minimal enough for this ride. I will have to ride it in May, but... that's what earbuds and AC/DC is for.

My dad actually LOVES this ride. He will ride it multiple times each trip.

Nice pano shot.

Make lemonade out of lemons.

Oh come on! You know you loved both of those puns! "tail" and "stomach". It was genius!!!

Hmmm.... I'm not sure if I've done that... Maybe?

Well -- the train just got decommissioned for a few months to make way for the Tron coaster. Not sure if it will be operational when you're there in May.

1 for 1 so far! Will you be 2 for 2???

There it is! Well done.

I actually learned of this picture pose from your TR! It's now a staple in all of my trips!

Typo. Disney's Unmagical depress. Or DUD for short.

I've always heard it called the tragical express on the return home.

Gonna go with no.

Duly noted!

...but then later during the posting, I quickly realized that our bags had to be picked up later from bell services and then I realized that I wasn't stupid...but was in fact a complete GENIUS!!!

Genius... sure. Let's go with that.

SHE. LOVES. THIS. RIDE.

So it would seem!

While I am an expert at working the FP+ system...I can only do so much. Had I not been holding the 7DMT FP for later in the day, I could have possibly worked some BTMRR magic -- but that would have required dropping the 7DMT FP -- and we all know you just don't do that.

No. You don't. What was the wait time like for BTMRR. Prohibitive?

The pictures don't even do it justice. It was pretty spectacular. I mean -- I was on a somewhat tight schedule and I stopped to just admire it.

Good point!

I think she was trying to do Elsa's frozen power -- not sure why she thought that was 'spooky'.

It worked! :laughing:

My dad actually LOVES this ride. He will ride it multiple times each trip.

AC/DC fan, huh?

Make lemonade out of lemons.

Good use of the term.

Oh come on! You know you loved both of those puns! "tail" and "stomach". It was genius!!!

Yeah... okay. Love a good pun. :)

Well -- the train just got decommissioned for a few months to make way for the Tron coaster. Not sure if it will be operational when you're there in May.

I did know the train was down. Didn't remember it was for the Tron Coaster. Actually... wasn't even sure where the Tron coaster was going. Still don't know exactly where. Google search coming up.

I actually learned of this picture pose from your TR! It's now a staple in all of my trips!

:laughing: Well, I'll be darned. Thought everyone knew that one.

I've always heard it called the tragical express on the return home.

Magical Depress was from Nebo. I added the Disney and Unmagical and made the acronym. It's not widely accepted.

Tapstile is, though. But I got that from another reader.

No. You don't. What was the wait time like for BTMRR. Prohibitive?

Not sure what the wait time was -- I didn't even look. I've been spoiled with FPs -- there aren't too many rides that I will do without a FP. Since it was around noon, I'd be willing to bet the wait was over 45 minutes.

AC/DC fan, huh?

I'm pretty sure he is not an AC/DC fan. Not sure why, but IASW is one of his favorites. He must have some nostalgic connection to it from our only family trip there when I was 8.

I did know the train was down. Didn't remember it was for the Tron Coaster. Actually... wasn't even sure where the Tron coaster was going. Still don't know exactly where. Google search coming up.

It's going to be placed really close to space mountain. It will be on the other side of the tracks though.

tron-concept-art-06042018-3.jpg

http://blogmickey.com/2018/06/photo...r-coaster-construction-site-at-magic-kingdom/

Tapstile is, though. But I got that from another reader.

I've been spelling it tapstyle. Makes it have more style if you ask me.

You definitely had me tearing up! And I definitely count at least going to all four parks a win! And those are just great fun photos and memories for her to look back on when she gets older and ask why she wouldn't get out of her stroller! lol I love family memories like that!

Not sure what the wait time was -- I didn't even look. I've been spoiled with FPs -- there aren't too many rides that I will do without a FP. Since it was around noon, I'd be willing to bet the wait was over 45 minutes.

I'm spoiled too. I'll wait for up to 30... but not much more than that. And it has to be a headliner.

I'm pretty sure he is not an AC/DC fan. Not sure why, but IASW is one of his favorites. He must have some nostalgic connection to it from our only family trip there when I was 8.

::yes::

It's going to be placed really close to space mountain. It will be on the other side of the tracks though.

Pretty cool artist rendering. The walk-through is impressive. Can't see the videos though.

I've been spelling it tapstyle. Makes it have more style if you ask me.

I can't argue with that. :)

You definitely had me tearing up! And I definitely count at least going to all four parks a win! And those are just great fun photos and memories for her to look back on when she gets older and ask why she wouldn't get out of her stroller! lol I love family memories like that!

:welcome:

Maybe in a few years I'll let her read the TR. It's certainly a good way to relive the experience at a later time.

At some point I'd like to put together picture albums for each of our trips -- just haven't gotten around to it.

Funny story about Snow White – my iPhone groups pictures together according to facial recognition – and apparently our Snow White on this trip is the same girl that was Mary Poppins on one of our previous trips. Hahahah

That is funny! I always wonder if we’re meeting someone more than once.

Luckily, I had put some sweet ground effects on that bad boy and had no problems finding it.

Great idea!

I don’t know about y’all (i.e., you all for you northerners)

Or for some of us northerners, “you guys”. I’m not from TX originally!

IMG_5920.JPG

Can you tell someone is excited???

I love this picture! She looks just like you!

I'm pretty sure I like her first attempt...but they are both priceless to me. Which do you prefer???

I love both but the most recent one is pretty awesome.

I'm spoiled too. I'll wait for up to 30... but not much more than that. And it has to be a headliner.

Kat has gotten so spoiled with FP that she even asked if we had a fastpass for the DME line to check-in...and the baggage claim...and the line to pick up food. And now pretty much everything in life that has a line...even if it's not at Disney.

She also got spoiled on flights b/c I was able to bump us up to first class 3 trips in a row using miles at the last minute...including this trip. The next flight we took was on Southwest to California. As you may know, Southwest does not do business class. So we get seated towards the back where we could find a few empty rows and sat 2-2 (aisle middle/aisle middle) in consecutive rows. Plane sat at the gate for a while due to weather, and Kat asked when we were going to get our, and I wish I were joking about her word choice, pre-flight "beverages" prior to taking off. What 5 year old says beverages instead of water???

After I explained to her that we wouldn't get anything until we were up in the air, she then asked why her seat didn't lay flat (last flight had the lay down seats). When that was explained, she then asked me, in a somewhat loud "whisper" -- "why is there someone NOT in our family sitting next to me?"

I love this picture! She looks just like you!

she is definitely a mini-me. If you look at my kid pictures, we could be twinsies.

Funny story -- when she was born, all the nurses turned to me and said, "no doubt! This baby is yours!"

I replied, "I guess I won't have to call Maury then!"

Although, that did mean I missed out on showing some sweet dance moves on TV.

giphy.gif

Plane sat at the gate for a while due to weather, and Kat asked when we were going to get our, and I wish I were joking about her word choice, pre-flight "beverages" prior to taking off. What 5 year old says beverages instead of water???

:rotfl:

So, my husband officially thinks I am NUTS. I legit guffawed when I read this. And I don't guffaw. I may LOL here and there, but guffaw? Nope. But I did.

So then I had to read him the whole post and show him pictures of your princess and then show him the post where you got all emo about your time with her there and now he's probably sitting over there feeling like HE should do a trip like this.... :)

Thanks for the laugh.

she is definitely a mini-me. If you look at my kid pictures, we could be twinsies.

Funny story -- when she was born, all the nurses turned to me and said, "no doubt! This baby is yours!"

I replied, "I guess I won't have to call Maury then!"

Although, that did mean I missed out on showing some sweet dance moves on TV.

That is funny!! My first daughter looks just like my husband as a baby/toddler too. Apparently there are evolutionary reasons for that... but too bad you missed out on dancing on national TV!

:rotfl:

So, my husband officially thinks I am NUTS. I legit guffawed when I read this. And I don't guffaw. I may LOL here and there, but guffaw? Nope. But I did.

So then I had to read him the whole post and show him pictures of your princess and then show him the post where you got all emo about your time with her there and now he's probably sitting over there feeling like HE should do a trip like this.... :)

Thanks for the laugh.

Thanks! Glad to provide some laughs.

And if he likes Disney -- he should DEFINITELY do it. As I told someone else early on in the TR -- even if he doesn't do a separate trip, at least do a half day or full day with just the two of them. It's a completely different experience.

DAY 5 -- CHAPTER 11 -- DO WE HAVE TO LEAVE?​

Oh man -- even though this TR has already been completed long ago -- it is definitely hard to finally post the last chapter. It's been so much fun telling the story and interacting with all of you over the last few months! But -- as they say, the show must go on!

So we last left off with the most perfect ride on the Peoplemover. And we were incredibly pressed for time in order to make it back to the Poly to catch our 4:00 pm DME.

At this point, it was about 3:25 pm and I asked Kathryn if she wanted to hit up 7DMT as the last ride (yes -- we had a FP).

She completely surprised me though when she declined and said she wanted to go on the Carousel of Progress.

giphy.gif

HUH? That can’t be right. She MUST be mistaken as to what the COP is.

I double checked with her to make sure she understood the decision, but she was emphatic that she wanted to do the ride with the dog, so I went ahead and cancelled the FPs.

Like I said – she likes the classics.

Only problem was that I was doing some math in my head at this point. As you may recall, we have to be at the Poly lobby by 4 pm, and it would be roughly 3:30 pm when we actually got into COP and the show is every bit of 20 minutes long. So we were going to need to leave COP and make it to the Poly in about 10 minutes. Even if I was by myself that would be a stretch – but pushing a stroller? I mean, I'm pretty sure Usain Bolt might have issues with this.

giphy.gif

At this point, I figured if we missed the bus, we could always Uber to the airport. Not wild about that prospect – but squeezing in one last ride is always fun!

“To the COP!” I exclaimed.

Well, we get done with the show and she was super happy about her choice – so who am I to second guess her decisions.

I then told her that she needed to get in the stroller and we were going to have to RUN out of the park.

Fast-Stroller.gif

I’m shocked to tell you, but we were able to get from COP to Poly lobby just shy of 4:00 pm. We got to the express monorail right as it was coming into station and then I proceeded to run from the TTC to the lobby. Kat had a great time of yelling “RUN!!!!” anytime I slowed down to make sure I wasn’t having a heart attack. I guess all that training I’ve done for the All ride Disney challenge has paid off.

Another bit of fortune was that the bus didn’t arrive right at 4 pm, so I did have 5 minutes or so to catch my breath, get our bags from bell services, and cool down a bit before boarding the Tragic Express.

Trip home was uneventful (which is a good thing). We had a couple of hours in the United Club (which is when I actually started drafting this TR!) and we got really lucky with an empty seat in our row

IMG_6021.JPG

so Kat was able to lay down and sleep.

IMG_6024.JPG

Got home pretty late and more or less crashed at that point.

But man or man.

WHAT. A. TRIP!!!

While the weather didn’t cooperate with us the whole time – the trip was still absolutely amazing. So many wonderful memories were created, and I can only hope she will be able to remember them as well. I know I will never forget them!

Thank you again to everyone for letting me share this adventure with you all. Hopefully I've been able to convince at least one other Dad to make a Disney Dash of their own!

Looking forward to doing this with my youngest in a couple years. :love:

IMG_6043.JPG

Last edited:
Not going to lie -- I'm a little torn to post the last bit from the report. Once it's posted, then this thread will fade off into the disboard abyss.

Aww, I know that’s sad! But hopefully we’ll see more from you before too long. I’ve enjoyed your trip report!

HUH? That can’t be right. She MUST be mistaken as to what the COP is.

The downside of giving the little ones a choice... But glad she was happy with it!

Kat had a great time of yelling “RUN!!!!” anytime I slowed down to make sure I wasn’t having a heart attack.

They keep us on our toes!

It sounds like an amazing trip, I’m sure the memories will stick with her - and I like to think the trip reports will be a special keepsake to help the little ones remember for years too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!