D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event 8/9/24-8/11/24 **Tickets on sale 3/26** **Sold Out on 3/29**

If I'm understanding the website info correctly, there will still be panels & presentations at the convention center, but they will just have the bigger presentations and annoucements at Honda center.

View attachment 843286

Disney Entertainment Showcase
Friday, August 9 – 7:00 p.m.
Honda Center

Enjoy the magic of Disney Entertainment in a star-studded showcase featuring the best of Disney storytelling onstage and onscreen. Get an exclusive look at the movies, series, and shows fans love, and a glimpse into what to look forward to from Disney’s film studios, television and streaming services,That’s right. there will live stage shows on Broadway, and beyond. Join some favorite stars as they give a peek behind the curtain at upcoming projects, never-before-seen footage and art, surprise announcements and special guests, musical performances, and exclusive new content coming to the big screen, to smaller screens, and to the stage… all from Disney Entertainment.

Disney Experiences Showcase
Saturday, August 10 – 7:00 p.m.
Honda Center

Join Disney Experiences Chairman Josh D’Amaro for a special showcase featuring the latest on new and highly anticipated projects in development around the world for Disney Parks, experiences, and beyond. With global announcements, special surprises, and showstopping performances, this will be a show that the biggest Disney fans won’t want to miss.
That’s correct. Most of the panels will be at the Convention Center as usual, but 3 of the big panels will now be at the Honda Center.

Wondering if the cheapest ticket is even worth it, never been to the Honda Center but the high 400's seems very far away from the stage.

So... the end of camping overnight for the big panels huh? You either get an assigned seat next week or just can't go to the Honda Center at all. That'll be interesting. Wonder if it sells out instantly. And if it's going to be a mad scramble to pick any seat you can get in the process or how they'll handle that beyond a virtual queue...

But yeah, the pricing for the floor seats is insane... worth it if it came with all the old Sorcerer Perks, but nah for just a closer seat. I think that $500 3-day 200-level seat has my name on it... not worth over $1K for floor seats (especially when the view might actually be worse flat on the ground)... but 400 level seats is gonna be rough also for feeling like you're "there". I'd kill for some sort of add-on that just offered Preferred Shopping, Signature Lines, and a VIP lounge to rest... that would be worth $1K+ to me. Separate that out from the seating but offer the old Sorcerer benefits. It's unlike Disney to leave money on the table for those sorts of perks. Or can I pay $600/hour for a plaid to walk me around to everything and cut the lines? LOL.

It's also funny they advertise all passes as access to "3-day access to all experiences at the Anaheim Convention Center"... when most panels are gonna be reservation based and therefore not available. Especially since people won't be using advance reservation slots to go for panels, etc.

Also, am I reading the Thursday event right? It's not exclusive to D23, no extended hours or anything (so not shorter lines), and all it is some more "experiences"? Yeah.. um... pass. I mean, I'd go anyways just to be in the park, but calling it a D23 day in the park is a stretch if there's nothing really exclusive about it. I was expecting something closer to Oogie Boogie Bash or something... good thing is I can't be there Thursday anyways due to a work thing, so I'll be going to the park on Monday after D23. Probably lot fewer people there!

Reactions: ngl

So... the end of camping overnight for the big panels huh? You either get an assigned seat next week or just can't go to the Honda Center at all. That'll be interesting. Wonder if it sells out instantly. And if it's going to be a mad scramble to pick any seat you can get in the process or how they'll handle that beyond a virtual queue...

But yeah, the pricing for the floor seats is insane... worth it if it came with all the old Sorcerer Perks, but nah for just a closer seat. I think that $500 3-day 200-level seat has my name on it... not worth over $1K for floor seats (especially when the view might actually be worse flat on the ground)... but 400 level seats is gonna be rough also for feeling like you're "there". I'd kill for some sort of add-on that just offered Preferred Shopping, Signature Lines, and a VIP lounge to rest... that would be worth $1K+ to me. Separate that out from the seating but offer the old Sorcerer benefits. It's unlike Disney to leave money on the table for those sorts of perks. Or can I pay $600/hour for a plaid to walk me around to everything and cut the lines? LOL.

It's also funny they advertise all passes as access to "3-day access to all experiences at the Anaheim Convention Center"... when most panels are gonna be reservation based and therefore not available. Especially since people won't be using advance reservation slots to go for panels, etc.

It's 12,000 seats. I don't think it will completely sell out that fast. They usually take a few days for at least 3 day to sell out. Certain levels may sell out more quickly though.

It's 12,000 seats. I don't think it will completely sell out that fast. They usually take a few days for at least 3 day to sell out. Certain levels may sell out more quickly though.
My understanding is that at least 80,000 people attended last year. I get that certain people may not care about the big panels and a good subset of those folks are just there to shop and resell stuff on eBay (sigh). But still there are going to way more than 12,000 people competing for those 12,000 seats.

And in the past, there was the race to get Preferred Seats (or Sorcerer). Then the race to get the magic ticket with the Advanced Reservation. Then the final race to get in a Standby line half a day beforehand trying to get in.

Now it'll just be the race to be one of the first 12,000 to buy. I'd love to be surprised, but I don't see how this survives the opening of the virtual queue the first day. Aka, if you're not in queue at 12:01pm, kiss it goodbye. I'd be super surprised if there are any seats left for anyone on Day 2/3 of ticket sales. But we'll see!!

Also, putting Gold on Day 1 for tickets in front of Visa on Day 2 is fine, but it makes the Visa pretty useless. Are there really die-hard people attending this (especially wanting tickets right away) who aren't paying the $99 for Gold? Especially if they are so die-hard as to have a Disney Visa? LOL.

I love that they separated out D23 Hall to Honda Center and put it in the evening-- that makes the daytime SO much more convention run and save the festival fun for the evening for those who really want to experience that fanfare.

This is going to be TIRING three days. Mixed on the Legends and Day3 instead of leading off - but Ford, Henn, Cameron and Williams?!? Wow.

My beat is the 100 and 400 levels will go Day 1. I'll be in the cheap seats. The jumbo screen is fine and probably better than the D23 Hall screen setups anyways.

I have been to every Expo (except first one) and always saw the all the big panels, did the overnight lines, and got them all last year in the lottery. But I am skipping them this time. And I won't be alone in this, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I'm very, very surprised they don't have shopping add-ons or anything. I know lots of folks would pay for guaranteed early experiences, opportunities for RSPs for high-end merch, or other things.

My first and only sorcerer experience was 2019, which was wonderful, but my gut is the complaints that year made higher-ups think this level of benefits wasn't worth offering anymore. IIRC, lots of sorcerers were upset at the erosion of some benefits, plus the great Friday morning stampede, and made their displeasure known.

Sorcerer was just TOO privileged for the too few for a Con. It caused more recovery efforts for Disney than any possible PR gain from it and certainly not monetarily for Disney.

The tickets tiers for preferred seating is smarter for sure. It'll be interesting to see if Disney IT doesn't simply get crushed by the booking engine demand for Honda center (vs leveraging stubhub/ticketmaster to do that backend). -- that's my concern for Tuesday AM :D

My only worry for getting tickets is that the 3 day 400 upper tier will go quickly since that is the cheapest option. Im only interested in the Friday panel bc they are probably going to stream the Saturday and Sunday one. Ive sat on nosebleed seats in concerts before and as long as I can see the monitors I will be good. Does anyone know if you can select your actual seats on the day of buying the tickets? If so that will probably delay the whole process when people cant find seats together as they slowly sell out. Im getting ticketmaster headacahes dejavu.

My only worry for getting tickets is that the 3 day 400 upper tier will go quickly since that is the cheapest option. Im only interested in the Friday panel bc they are probably going to stream the Saturday and Sunday one. Ive sat on nosebleed seats in concerts before and as long as I can see the monitors I will be good. Does anyone know if you can select your actual seats on the day of buying the tickets? If so that will probably delay the whole process when people cant find seats together as they slowly sell out. Im getting ticketmaster headacahes dejavu.
I think they are encouraging people to buy tickets together so that they can sit together. This makes me think that we will pick the seats when we buy tickets. Get used to Mr Queue-it, the walking man :rotfl2:

I can't believe with floor seating it varies by section and price. It's insane highest is for $2,500. I saw that they will provide a shuttle service from convention center to Honda center but that's probably gonna be packed with long lines too. It would have been great if they added that as a perk. I didn't like how they said they were making it easier if you wanted to add/modify/cancel passes but then further down mention all passes are non refundable.

I can't believe with floor seating it varies by section and price. It's insane highest is for $2,500. I saw that they will provide a shuttle service from convention center to Honda center but that's probably gonna be packed with long lines too. It would have been great if they added that as a perk. I didn't like how they said they were making it easier if you wanted to add/modify/cancel passes but then further down mention all passes are non refundable.
The add, modify, or cancel was in relation to reservations for panels and shopping not convention tickets.

I just thought of a possible scenario. Lets say the 3 day $297 ticket sells out on the first day. Would you be able to check back the next day if you have a visa to see if they reserved some tickets specifically for the visa and general sale tiers? Anybody experienced or heard of this in the past?

I just thought of a possible scenario. Lets say the 3 day $297 ticket sells out on the first day. Would you be able to check back the next day if you have a visa to see if they reserved some tickets specifically for the visa and general sale tiers? Anybody experienced or heard of this in the past?
My guess (and I am guessing) is that there will be a certain number of tickets in various categories held back for VISA. I don’t think anything will be held back for Day 3. Last Expo, the VISA tickets were sold on the first day and the rest the next day. I have a VISA Disney card, but I hope that I can get what I want on the first day.

Sorcerer was just TOO privileged for the too few for a Con. It caused more recovery efforts for Disney than any possible PR gain from it and certainly not monetarily for Disney.

The tickets tiers for preferred seating is smarter for sure. It'll be interesting to see if Disney IT doesn't simply get crushed by the booking engine demand for Honda center (vs leveraging stubhub/ticketmaster to do that backend). -- that's my concern for Tuesday AM :D
Yeah... now seeing the screenshot of how it's going to be done.... it'll be insane if this actually doesn't turn into an absolute mess.

If you let too many people in from the queue, they'll be trying to grab seats and finding someone else grabbing them at the same time, etc. If you let in too few, the queue will absolutely crawl as people dawdle picking their seat.

I'm also a bit concerned as someone "Pooh-sized". At movie theaters and on planes, I will often buy two seats so I'm not inconveniencing the person next to me. Not sure how I'd do that here, since the seats themselves are tied to the whole Expo experience and I don't need two badges, etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter