D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event 8/9/24-8/11/24 **Tickets on sale 3/26** **Sold Out on 3/29**

I don't recall the 3-day passes selling out first day... don't remember how long but I don't think anyone trying to buy on the first day having any issues. The only pass that went instantly was the Preferred Seating Pass. And that wasn't a matter of minutes, it was basically a lottery with everyone being in the pre-sale lobby before it opened and the system randomly selected the order people got to buy. So basically, if you weren't in the lobby before the sale started you didn't get one, and the vast majority who were couldn't buy one either. So... 0 minutes for that one. :)
Do you remember the pricing of the tickets?

Let's look at the math - The most any bus can hold is 120 people including standees. The Honda Center can accommodate 18,000 attendees. Even if ½ of those come by other transportation, 9,000/120 = 75 full bus loads. Not sure how Disney is planning to deal with this situation. While getting to the Honda Center could entail buses going up and back, leaving at the end of the event could be more problematic.
By the way 75 bus loads sounds like a lot, but it isn't really for this sort of event. I run a lot smaller events where we fill up 10 - 15 buses. You line up 75 buses all around the ACC (which has a ton of exits and sides, etc) and everyone could probably fill up the 75 buses in under 15 mintues and you head out. Similarly, the Honda Center has plenty of parking lots so sliding 75 buses up outside the building isn't that rough.

Heck, even if the only way to get there is the buses (which might be smart because it's actually easier to just let buses in rather than have the streets and parking fill up with single-passenger cars), then it's 150 buses by your math. Again, not an issue. For any of you that have been on cruises, it's like pulling up to a port and there are 50 different buses there having different tour groups headed out. And this is even easier cause everyone is going to the same place.

If they're really smart, they'll get police assistance and do a selective road closure on Katella Ave for a 30 minute block so the buses can just fly through direct. This is Disney, so if anyone can pull off the logistics...

I don't recall the 3-day passes selling out first day... don't remember how long but I don't think anyone trying to buy on the first day having any issues. The only pass that went instantly was the Preferred Seating Pass. And that wasn't a matter of minutes, it was basically a lottery with everyone being in the pre-sale lobby before it opened and the system randomly selected the order people got to buy. So basically, if you weren't in the lobby before the sale started you didn't get one, and the vast majority who were couldn't buy one either. So... 0 minutes for that one. :)
Ah I see. Thank you! We don't care for preferred seatings so glad I don't need to stress about it! 😅

By the way 75 bus loads sounds like a lot, but it isn't really for this sort of event. I run a lot smaller events where we fill up 10 - 15 buses. You line up 75 buses all around the ACC (which has a ton of exits and sides, etc) and everyone could probably fill up the 75 buses in under 15 mintues and you head out. Similarly, the Honda Center has plenty of parking lots so sliding 75 buses up outside the building isn't that rough.

Heck, even if the only way to get there is the buses (which might be smart because it's actually easier to just let buses in rather than have the streets and parking fill up with single-passenger cars), then it's 150 buses by your math. Again, not an issue. For any of you that have been on cruises, it's like pulling up to a port and there are 50 different buses there having different tour groups headed out. And this is even easier cause everyone is going to the same place.

If they're really smart, they'll get police assistance and do a selective road closure on Katella Ave for a 30 minute block so the buses can just fly through direct. This is Disney, so if anyone can pull off the logistics...
I thought the 3 day with gold member discount sold out before the regular member 3 day, but I don’t remember how quickly.

I hope you are right about the buses. It could be problematic otherwise.

I thought the 3 day with gold member discount sold out before the regular member 3 day, but I don’t remember how quickly.

I hope you are right about the buses. It could be problematic otherwise.
They sold out fairly quickly. I want to say it was within a few days of going on sale at the most.

Sorcerer : minutes
Gold 3 day: days
Regular 3 day: weeks

Who knows this time around.
Interesting to see what the Honda event will be. Very different. Concerts in the past on Sunday weren't that popular --even with Menken doing it (sadly).

Sorcerer : minutes
Gold 3 day: days
Regular 3 day: weeks

Who knows this time around.
Interesting to see what the Honda event will be. Very different. Concerts in the past on Sunday weren't that popular --even with Menken doing it (sadly).
Had to head home for work on Monday, sadly. I imagine lots of folk were in the same boat.

For the last Expo ticket lottery, you also had the option to purchase Expo-themed items (shirts, lanyards, etc.) along with your tickets. This time might also include the exclusive D23 Disneyland event and maybe even separate options for the Honda Center. These may be offered separately, or could this be the newest Disney Bundle?

For the last Expo ticket lottery, you also had the option to purchase Expo-themed items (shirts, lanyards, etc.) along with your tickets. This time might also include the exclusive D23 Disneyland event and maybe even separate options for the Honda Center. These may be offered separately, or could this be the newest Disney Bundle?
Speaking of merch -- not sure how everyone else feels, but 2022 merch didn't hit for me as much as 2019 did. I should be grateful I didn't spend as much, but everything definitely seemed more generic and similar. Curious to see what this year looks like.

Trying to catch up on the thread but is the current information tickets go on sale on Tues, Mar 26 at 9am ET? I have not seen any information regarding ticket categories. Was reading some speculation they are changing it a bit so want to be prepared for next week! Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

Trying to catch up on the thread but is the current information tickets go on sale on Tues, Mar 26 at 9am ET? I have not seen any information regarding ticket categories. Was reading some speculation they are changing it a bit so want to be prepared for next week! Any information is appreciated. Thanks!
The on sale time will be pacific time. I believe for 2022 they went on sale at 12pm pacific time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter