D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event 8/9/24-8/11/24 **Tickets on sale 3/26** **Sold Out on 3/29**

I too have thought it strange that no info has been forthcoming regarding the schedule and tickets, as we are nearing that March 26 date. I’m taking bets now D23 will move that date out a bit further. Or, they will get all the info out to us tomorrow! Who knows! Disney gonna Disney.

I am still very excited to attend and can’t wait to see the line up!

I've been going since 2013 and I'm debating on skipping this one. Every trip I've done this year has been for runDisney (exhausting) and Expo is usually double exhausting. Hoping ticket details come soon so I can make a call one way or the other

I too have thought it strange that no info has been forthcoming regarding the schedule and tickets, as we are nearing that March 26 date. I’m taking bets now D23 will move that date out a bit further. Or, they will get all the info out to us tomorrow! Who knows! Disney gonna Disney.

I am still very excited to attend and can’t wait to see the line up!
In the past, Disney didn't announce ticket prices until one week before the event, so it's not an usual situation. The dates are set because they had to reserve the Convention and Honda Centers and those dates can't be moved. So just sit tight and don't fret.

In the past, Disney didn't announce ticket prices until one week before the event, so it's not an usual situation. The dates are set because they had to reserve the Convention and Honda Centers and those dates can't be moved. So just sit tight and don't fret.
I think they were referring to the ticket sale dates. I wouldn't be surprised to find out on March 25th about the prices and whey they go on sale. I don't expect to find out anything more though than ticket info.

I've been going since 2013 and I'm debating on skipping this one. Every trip I've done this year has been for runDisney (exhausting) and Expo is usually double exhausting. Hoping ticket details come soon so I can make a call one way or the other
I’ve only been twice (2019,2022) and I was originally planning to go this year, but I’ve decided that it’s not the best financial decision right now with my current vacation plans for the next year.

I’ve only been twice (2019,2022) and I was originally planning to go this year, but I’ve decided that it’s not the best financial decision right now with my current vacation plans for the next year.
Yup! It's so expensive, and so hard to budget without knowing what the offerings are (and also...are we going to be responsible for getting to the Honda Center?? I ran there in January but I'm not doing that again without a medal 🙃)

Maybe I'm too used to SDCC. They tell you a week in advance when badge purchase is and info about the actual event happens 2-3 weeks before the event date.
Typically with D23 it’s roughly the same. D23 usually follows a model with when the big presentations are. The wrench this year is the addition of the Honda center with no further details.

Yup! It's so expensive, and so hard to budget without knowing what the offerings are (and also...are we going to be responsible for getting to the Honda Center?? I ran there in January but I'm not doing that again without a medal 🙃)

I think there is going to be something from the ACC to Honda. They may only be at certain times and limited. It may be a big bus. It’s a pretty far walk and doesn’t look incredibly accessible. I could be wrong. Just looked at Google maps.

I think there is going to be something from the ACC to Honda. They may only be at certain times and limited. It may be a big bus. It’s a pretty far walk and doesn’t look incredibly accessible. I could be wrong. Just looked at Google maps.
For SDCC last year they had free Haunted Mansion themed pedcabs going around. Like probably at least 50 or so, I do not know how the streets close to the Honda Center compare to Gaslamp but maybe they will reuse them. Buses sound possible too, I've seen that happen as well for big events. (Less cool than a doombuggie tho)

For SDCC last year they had free Haunted Mansion themed pedcabs going around. Like probably at least 50 or so, I do not know how the streets close to the Honda Center compare to Gaslamp but maybe they will reuse them. Buses sound possible too, I've seen that happen as well for big events. (Less cool than a doombuggie tho)
I don’t think pedicabs could handle enough people, especially if it’s not spread out throughout the day. It sounds like it will be used in the evenings.

Let's look at the math - The most any bus can hold is 120 people including standees. The Honda Center can accommodate 18,000 attendees. Even if ½ of those come by other transportation, 9,000/120 = 75 full bus loads. Not sure how Disney is planning to deal with this situation. While getting to the Honda Center could entail buses going up and back, leaving at the end of the event could be more problematic.

Let's look at the math - The most any bus can hold is 120 people including standees. The Honda Center can accommodate 18,000 attendees. Even if ½ of those come by other transportation, 9,000/120 = 75 full bus loads. Not sure how Disney is planning to deal with this situation. While getting to the Honda Center could entail buses going up and back, leaving at the end of the event could be more problematic.
Seems like it’s going to look like a million person march on the Honda Center.

Ah, did not even think about the math. And I'd rather take group transit than offered than deal with rental cars and parking and all that fun. Blargh.

Totally understand the typical schedule of info release - I'm just surprised given the new (and arguably, complex) setup that there isn't a sliver of detail ("yes there will be provided transportation. yes there will be honda-only tickets and combo tickets that include small panels/shopping/whatever")

Maybe I'm too used to SDCC. They tell you a week in advance when badge purchase is and info about the actual event happens 2-3 weeks before the event date.
Exactly; so used to SDCC, didn't even think about proposed schedule with D23 and hesitancy to go.

Busy July-Aug this year; we have preview+4days with SDCC and only a few days to recover before D23. Even have a cruise pre SDCC too! :D

Looking forward to parks and cruise announcements this year. Hopefully lots to announce and the Disney Adventure updates for 2025 travel.

Depends on which configuration they go for... Hall D23 held 6900 in '22; if they go for an amphitheater setup at the Honda Center it would hold 8,400 according to Wikipedia. Even if they go for the larger setup maybe they wouldn't use the upper level at all. We just don't know until they say.

My fear is tickets drop without knowing and then I have to decide how much money and hassle this is worth. I really don't want to figure out those three miles back and forth on my own several times. Too far to walk, insufficient public transport from the hotels (if we're all trying to go the same place at the same time), and probably bad traffic.

And if you haven't seen it yet, March 19th has been confirmed by Michael Vargo as the date that the ticket prices will be announced. Last Expo was sponsored in part by VISA and their credit card holders got an earlier chance to purchase tickets. Don't know if they'll be sponsoring again and if that will be happening.

Last edited:
For those that have gone the previous years, how many hours (or minutes? lol) it usually takes for the 3-day pass to be sold out?

For those that have gone the previous years, how many hours (or minutes? lol) it usually takes for the 3-day pass to be sold out?
I don't recall the 3-day passes selling out first day... don't remember how long but I don't think anyone trying to buy on the first day having any issues. The only pass that went instantly was the Preferred Seating Pass. And that wasn't a matter of minutes, it was basically a lottery with everyone being in the pre-sale lobby before it opened and the system randomly selected the order people got to buy. So basically, if you weren't in the lobby before the sale started you didn't get one, and the vast majority who were couldn't buy one either. So... 0 minutes for that one. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter