D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That surprised me as well -- I thought it would be a Sunday arena panel.

I guess ABD and Aulani are in cruise control mode right now, and the next new DCL ship won't be done until 2021 so its a little early.

I heard the ABD/Aulani/DCL panel in 2015 was a little disappointing, so maybe they heard that feedback.

I actually really enjoyed the 2015 panel. I think what people claim disappointment over was the fact the giveaway was only for a very small group and basically went to any sorcerer's who chose that panel over the big one going on at the time. It was great to hear Rhode talk about the DVC expansion at Poly and then also talk about Aulani.

@wilkeliza The RSP/Merchandise list was widely shared, but never officially released. :rotfl: I'm fascinated by what was on our list versus what they have released later...I love the Oswald...the bows are different, more choices... Ha!

And I loved the DVC/Cruise/Aulani panel for the same reason, Joe's passion!

@wilkeliza The RSP/Merchandise list was widely shared, but never officially released. :rotfl: I'm fascinated by what was on our list versus what they have released later...I love the Oswald...the bows are different, more choices... Ha!

And I loved the DVC/Cruise/Aulani panel for the same reason, Joe's passion!

Yeah all the stuff I would have pre-ordered wasn't for pre-order! I want the funkos and the plush Oswald. Thankfully we should get ot shop on Thursday and I'd rather deal with 400 sorcerers over a regular floor day. Darn my and my love of Oswald (I even named my Doxie after him).

I am hoping for another wave to be released. They had a think 10 waves of releases for comic con. I really hope we will be able to get Mr. Toad!

I am hoping for another wave to be released. They had a think 10 waves of releases for comic con. I really hope we will be able to get Mr. Toad!
Funko has stated a lot of their SDCC items will be shared exclusives with stores like Hot Topic, Barnes & Noble, GameStop, etc. So while Mr. Toad being offered at D23 is a long shot, there's a good chance you'll be able to pick it up from another retailer (just with a different box sticker). The full shared exclusives list is supposed to be disclosed a few days before Comic Con.

I can't believe this is so close! Can anyone help me by critiquing what I am going to attempt to get into? I plan on getting to the Expo between 4-5 a.m. each day.

Friday:
- Disney Legends - 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: 50 Years of Swashbuckling Adventures in Disney Parks - 3:30p.m.-4:30 p.m. (even with the sad news that came out today)
- Melodies in Walt's Time: The Music of Disney Live-Action Films - 6:00p.m.-7:30 p.m.

Saturday:
- Level Up! The Walt Disney Company's Video Game Showcase - 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m? - This is questionable since I don't know if people can save spots in line for bigger panels. Parks and Resorts is much more important for me.
- Walt Disney Parks and Resorts - 3:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. (not sure when I should line up for this).
- A Kiss Goodnight with Richard Sherman and Floyd Norman - 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.

Sunday:
- Celebration of an Animated Classic: The Lion King - 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. (Could you guess by my profile picture that I would want to go to this lol)
- Voices of Disney Parks - 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- A Whole New World of Alan Menken - 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m. (go to the first show if I can't get into Voices of Disney Parks).

Can anyone give me some tips on how to try and get into the bigger panels, but get the wristbands which are like fastpasses for smaller panels? I have heard it is really difficult to navigate the Expo solo.

How many seats does each of the rooms hold?

I can't believe this is so close! Can anyone help me by critiquing what I am going to attempt to get into? I plan on getting to the Expo between 4-5 a.m. each day.

Friday:
- Disney Legends - 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: 50 Years of Swashbuckling Adventures in Disney Parks - 3:30p.m.-4:30 p.m. (even with the sad news that came out today)
- Melodies in Walt's Time: The Music of Disney Live-Action Films - 6:00p.m.-7:30 p.m.

Saturday:
- Level Up! The Walt Disney Company's Video Game Showcase - 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m? - This is questionable since I don't know if people can save spots in line for bigger panels. Parks and Resorts is much more important for me.
- Walt Disney Parks and Resorts - 3:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m. (not sure when I should line up for this).
- A Kiss Goodnight with Richard Sherman and Floyd Norman - 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.

Sunday:
- Celebration of an Animated Classic: The Lion King - 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. (Could you guess by my profile picture that I would want to go to this lol)
- Voices of Disney Parks - 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- A Whole New World of Alan Menken - 5:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m. (go to the first show if I can't get into Voices of Disney Parks).

Can anyone give me some tips on how to try and get into the bigger panels, but get the wristbands which are like fastpasses for smaller panels? I have heard it is really difficult to navigate the Expo solo.

How many seats does each of the rooms hold?

I think this is pretty ambitious and I doubt you'll be able to get all of that done.

I think this is pretty ambitious and I doubt you'll be able to get all of that done.

I agree. A lot of the afternoon panels will probably be full with stagepass peeps so if you are doing a panel when they start giving those out you probably won't have luck on an evening panel.

How does stagepass normally work?

They hand them out and you are "guarenteed" a spot in that panel if you return durinf the return time. You can only hold 1 per a slot so first half and second half of the day and they are for the smaller panels not the big ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter