D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that they do not allow outside food/drinks, but is it strictly enforced? I planned on bringing our refillable water filter bottles and some granola bars/snacks because we're bringing our 3 kids, but I don't want to waste money and have them make us toss the stuff in the security check. Anyone else bring stuff in?
The Hilton next door has several fast food places inside. I seem to remember one of our group going over there to grab some food (Subway ?) and bring it back to us in Hall E in 2015. But I would not count on my memory in this case. Does anyone else remember?

In general it is no problem to bring snacks. Fruit and granola bars and water if in an unopened bottle. You definitely want to bring that kind of thing because at some point you are going to be stuck in a long line and get hungry. But larger stuff? Just not sure.

:wizard:

The Hilton next door has several fast food places inside. I seem to remember one of our group going over there to grab some food (Subway ?) and bring it back to us in Hall E in 2015. But I would not count on my memory in this case. Does anyone else remember?

In general it is no problem to bring snacks. Fruit and granola bars and water if in an unopened bottle. You definitely want to bring that kind of thing because at some point you are going to be stuck in a long line and get hungry. But larger stuff? Just not sure.

I look at everything at the expo as time over comfort. I'd rather have more time than anything else. I remember the Hilton options having massive lines, making it not worth the time. I always bring in small things to eat and they do have carts and vendors inside the show floor. Those are the best options imo. And go at off times to avoid lines.

I remember in 2015 there was a printable schedule you could print out. Was that an official schedule or just one I found that someone made? The one on the website is not conducive to printing and I'd like to print and highlight.

I remember in 2015 there was a printable schedule you could print out. Was that an official schedule or just one I found that someone made? The one on the website is not conducive to printing and I'd like to print and highlight.

I was able to print a few copies for myself to highlight. Wonder what's going on that you can't?

Ok I have my tenative wants for panels. Can't really decide until the Sorcerer's extras come out as well but here is what I'm hoping to do. I am just using my short form versions of the panel titles.

Friday - Legends and Pixar/Animation
Saturday - Live Action, Video Game Showcase, Parks and Resorts, and A Kiss Goodnight
Sunday - Lion King, Alan Menken, Maps of Disney Parks, Oswald

Hoping to get all my shopping and expo floor stuff out of the way on Thursday. We only have in park night time plans on Friday and Sunday so hoping those don't have to change.

Ok I have my tenative wants for panels. Can't really decide until the Sorcerer's extras come out as well but here is what I'm hoping to do. I am just using my short form versions of the panel titles.

Friday - Legends and Pixar/Animation
Saturday - Live Action, Video Game Showcase, Parks and Resorts, and A Kiss Goodnight
Sunday - Lion King, Alan Menken, Maps of Disney Parks, Oswald

Hoping to get all my shopping and expo floor stuff out of the way on Thursday. We only have in park night time plans on Friday and Sunday so hoping those don't have to change.
Do you have a Sorcerer ticket?

I prefer those to the unprintable schedules you can print out and the printable schedules that you cannot print out. The worst though are the unprintable schedules that you cannot print out. :scratchin

;)

The rules have always said no outside food, save special dietary needs. They have been loosely enforced previously (read: barely, if at all). 2017 may be different with the bag checks. The new security checks are...new. It's hard to say how this will impact bringing in food. We have food allergies and are bringing in safe snacks...not huge meals, just some simple food we know is portable and safe.

The App will go live much closer to the Expo. Speculation is that they are still finalizing details, which makes sense: Sorcerers are still waiting for scheduling.

Every other stage pass line I waited in was nice and civilized, except for that one.

Agreed. It's the only one that had a "pre-line" for the line. *sigh* Not looking forward to that.

It's not looking good for the heat. My sis lives outside of San Diego and they've already had a 104 degree day.............

It could go either way. I live in Northern California and it was 108 last week. This week it's in the 80's and much cooler in the morning.

It was the Friday, so first day chaos! And while it was the ACC employees that started the mess, it was the D23 CMs (name tags and ear pieces) that were yelling (!) at everyone to RUN! That is definitely one of my most vivid Expo memories ever! And that was the year that Bob Iger took some D23 management people to the woodshed. We saw some of them afterward, and they did not look good.
But after that, things could only go up and they did. We had a lot of fun that year. :)

That's crazy! Why would CM's tell people to run under any circumstances? It seems like there's some sort if incident every time, often on the first day.

Also, when will the app be available? I couldn't find much info online.

Closer to the expo, as in right before. I highly recommend checking out this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/D23ExpoFans/ A lot of these types of questions are answered there.

I look at everything at the expo as time over comfort. I'd rather have more time than anything else. I remember the Hilton options having massive lines, making it not worth the time. I always bring in small things to eat and they do have carts and vendors inside the show floor. Those are the best options imo. And go at off times to avoid lines.

Last time, they had food trucks, which was awesome. The Hilton food court is so crowded, which is a shame, because that's my hotel!

The rules have always said no outside food, save special dietary needs. They have been loosely enforced previously (read: barely, if at all). 2017 may be different with the bag checks. The new security checks are...new. It's hard to say how this will impact bringing in food. We have food allergies and are bringing in safe snacks...not huge meals, just some simple food we know is portable and safe.

The App will go live much closer to the Expo. Speculation is that they are still finalizing details, which makes sense: Sorcerers are still waiting for scheduling.

The food thing could go either way. I've been to events that said no food and then they ignored it at a bag check. Then, I went to a concert where we had brought half a sandwich and a bottle of water and they wouldn't let us bring it in.

I do find it odd that DCL, ABD and Aulani don't have a presence this year.

That surprised me as well -- I thought it would be a Sunday arena panel.

I guess ABD and Aulani are in cruise control mode right now, and the next new DCL ship won't be done until 2021 so its a little early.

I heard the ABD/Aulani/DCL panel in 2015 was a little disappointing, so maybe they heard that feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter