D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like D23 Expo is going to be the weekend before 2017 Comic-Con. -- Suzanne

Yeah, that's pretty much the worst weekend of the year it could be. Thanks Disney! It was bad enough having big ticket events in July and August.

So excited!!

I assume Disney is hoping to steal part of Comic Con's thunder (or at least the media coverage) by happening first. I don't go to SDCC either, so not a big deal for me.

So excited!!

I assume Disney is hoping to steal part of Comic Con's thunder (or at least the media coverage) by happening first. I don't go to SDCC either, so not a big deal for me.
Well it definitely is going to steal the Disneyana Fan Club's thunder. They've been having their annual convention in Anaheim during that week for DECADES!! They've been in quite the decline for a while now so I wonder what's going to happen.

Wow, that's three major events in Southern California over a span of just less than three weeks. MLB All Star Game in San Diego (July 8-12), D23 in Anaheim (July 14-16), and Comic-Con back in San Diego (July 20-24). A very busy time for our family :drive:

Its not a bad move, summertime attracts more people. Then Comicon right after can save two trips to those who travel to the events. Credit Disney for buying Marvel and Lucasfilm, they certainly have a stake in the Comiccon market.

We are planing our first trip to D23 and to Disneyland next year. I have been to WDW more times than I can remember but never been to DLR so what a prefect excuse to go.

Looking forward to this D23. Will be our first time going and will be looking to enjoy every minute of it!

I know when they announced the dates they said that ticket prices would be announced "later this summer". Does anyone have a guess as to when that may be? July 14th is rapidly approaching, and I'm also heading to WDW July 21st. Just want to know how much I'll be spending on the ticket before I head on Vacation for The DIS Podcast 10th Anniversary. Does anyone have an idea on how much The Sorcerers will be this year? I think it was $2,500 last year, correct? Do we think that'll increase much this year? My mom and I really wanted to give it a go this time around. Thanks in advance for any info/ideas!

I know when they announced the dates they said that ticket prices would be announced "later this summer". Does anyone have a guess as to when that may be? July 14th is rapidly approaching, and I'm also heading to WDW July 21st. Just want to know how much I'll be spending on the ticket before I head on Vacation for The DIS Podcast 10th Anniversary. Does anyone have an idea on how much The Sorcerers will be this year? I think it was $2,500 last year, correct? Do we think that'll increase much this year? My mom and I really wanted to give it a go this time around. Thanks in advance for any info/ideas!

What all do you get with the special pass..? $2,500 sounds like a ton without knowing what it is! :D

What all do you get with the special pass..? $2,500 sounds like a ton without knowing what it is! :D

You get entry before anyone else. Reaerved seating for panels. Also a rest area and possibly a gift bag. Totally worth it if panels and/or shopping is a big deal.

I looked it up specifically for pricing purposes, and to show you all the amenities. I was a little off on the price. I know it's pricy, but if one can swing it, seems so worth it! But, like @wilkeliza said, depends on what's important to you.

D23 2015 Sorcerer Packages Amenities.pngD23 2015 Sorcerer Packages Amenities 2.png

My personal guess is it will go up to $3000 this year, as it was $2500 last year and $2000 the one before that.

You get entry before anyone else. Reaerved seating for panels. Also a rest area and possibly a gift bag. Totally worth it if panels and/or shopping is a big deal.

You also get a whole day of shopping on the Thursday before the expo on Friday, so then you don't have to waste time shopping during the Expo.

The problem is, a lot of Sorcerers tickets buy those so they can buy limited edition items and then resell them on Ebay. I want to do it so that I can go to more panels without having to miss them because I'm waiting in line for another.

I want to get a Sorcerer's Ticket more than anything, but holy cow that is a lot of money for 3 days. They also sell out immediately so if you want one you must be ready the minute they go on sale. One day I will get to do that. I hope.

We want Sorcerer's because it would help M (my fiance's) anxiety. We didn't get it last year and while we had a great time not having to stand in incredibly long lines for everything would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts