D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so excited that I got sorcerer tickets but sad for those that didn't :(

Congrats! I wasn't trying, but from what I've been reading, it seems like it was harder to get this year. Many people who've gotten them before didn't get them this year.

What is up with Marriott by the convention center? Never saw it on the list of hotels. Is that normal for it to be released later?

The process felt smoother this year and also much more frenetic. :rotfl:

The more level playing field with the ticketing queue versus the static link seemed to freeze out more people? :confused3

Ok...trying to find the discount hotel list on the D23 website for the convention and can't find it. I was clicking all over the site, and had no luck. I have gone to other websites and see that the closest hotels to the convention center are already sold out for the time frame of the convention. I'm thinking if I can even find a hotel that has a room available, it's going to be a half hour away from the convention center in order to be affordable. :(

Ok...trying to find the discount hotel list on the D23 website for the convention and can't find it. I was clicking all over the site, and had no luck. I have gone to other websites and see that the closest hotels to the convention center are already sold out for the time frame of the convention. I'm thinking if I can even find a hotel that has a room available, it's going to be a half hour away from the convention center in order to be affordable. :(
Most hotels don’t have rooms available for booking past the first week of August 2019.

Yeah, I was surprised how few hotels were available in the discount booking this year. Was hoping for the Marriott or Hilton this year, but ended up getting the Courtyard Marriott/Convention Center from Thurs-Sun.

I stayed at the Red Lion in 2015 (which was available in the D23 hotel block at the time), and although I loved it and stayed there again later, found in 2017 that being in the same square block as the Expo was worth any increased cost.

The link to the hotels is here https://d23.com/d23-expo-2019/things-to-know/ scroll all the way to the bottom to find Hotels,and Transportation. There is where you will find the link to the D23 Expo hotels site.

My friend got myself and his girlfriend tickets, we've never been before so VERY excited to finally be going next year! (NOT sorcerer's tickets, we do not have the cash for that). We're staying from August 22nd to 29th because we have a ton of friends who live in the area so we want park time and time to catch up with them. very excited! now only have to wait... a year....

More hotels added in, including the three Disneyland hotels. I'm still going to hold out for Marriott or Hilton (even without a discount, it's still unavailable for booking)

Yeah, I was surprised how few hotels were available in the discount booking this year. Was hoping for the Marriott or Hilton this year, but ended up getting the Courtyard Marriott/Convention Center from Thurs-Sun.

I stayed at the Red Lion in 2015 (which was available in the D23 hotel block at the time), and although I loved it and stayed there again later, found in 2017 that being in the same square block as the Expo was worth any increased cost.

Like @dina444444 said, I think some of the hotels are not available yet for anyone to book. I think it's too far out for their schedules. However, once you go to the link that @Mathmagicland provided, the Sheraton Park and Clarion show up. They are not in the convention center but appear to be the closest besides the Hilton and Marriott, which don't seem to be available yet. Also, unselect the box for available only at the top in tiny little print. More hotels show up, but the Sheraton shows waitlisted for Sunday night:confused3 You can still book waitlisted though.

I have decided to wait a few weeks in hopes of some resorts coming online to book. Also, in looking around at resorts near the convention center and the rates they list, I hope some of those will come down to real prices. I mean if you look at some of the hotels in the area, they quote $800/night and then a month earlier is only $350/night.

Looks like a totally unpopular choice but I got an Airbnb just 5 mins away for <$70 a night. I figured I wouldn't really be going back and forth mid-day and any bags I didn't want to carry around, I could just leave at the Sorcerer bag check. :cool1:

Even discounted, those hotel rates are a bit high. And the ones that were lower priced looked worn down and possibly dirty. :confused3

I'm interested to see what the discounted DL ticket prices look like, especially with GE opening up next summer. Let's hope it's a good deal! :worship:

I know anecdotally from information other people have posted in various venues that supposedly both the Hilton and the Marriott haven't loaded those dates yet AND they don't plan on being added to the discount hotel booking. Your mileage may vary, of course, and don't take my second hand information as gospel!

I'm not sure the rates will come down all that much, truthfully. In 2016 the rates at the Hilton skyrocketed for that weekend in 2017 and came down a bit...but not much. In terms a hotel...keep in mind that amount of time you'll be using it. Proximity is *nice*. I've never camped out over-night, but getting in and around the convention center in the mornings is a bit stressful. Sometimes that surge/convention pricing is worth it. Again...just opinion. ;)

So I've been de-cluttering my apartment lately and came across some posters and prints from last D23.

Giveaways can be a big part of D23. Lots of the booths have small prints or items that they hand out. Some of the panels can hand out swag as well. My claim to fame is that my boyfriend caught a t-shirt for me shot from a tshirt cannon from Lasseter himself in the Animation panel.

The Wrinkle in Time poster was handed out at the end of the Live Action panel, the Coco poster at the end of Animation.

The other smaller prints were randomly handed out at the Disney Animation/Pixar booth. I probably hung around there way too long because they did random giveaways. Sometimes they were little circular pins with characters on them, one time I got some cool Pixar sunglasses, another time a Pixar lanyard, then they handed out these little textured prints as well. Sadly, I missed the one time a day when they handed out small Pixar balls :(

If anyone happens to be interested in any of these, they are all extras. Send me a PM.

Attachments

• IMG_20180826_120545.jpg
    IMG_20180826_120545.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!