D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked the Hilton website for 8/23-8/25 and it says there is nothing available. No matter what it seems like we won't be staying there though if it's those kinds of prices.

Weird. I made my reservation Friday. The price went down quite a bit when I added a day. It is actually cheaper for me to stay longer.

Okay, I know I have been having issues with my memory lately in thinking I did something and then realizing I did not. I remember buying my 2 3 day expo tickets and I see a charge for them on my bank statement, but I do not find any emails with a confirmation. Did they send out emails to anyone else? If so, what was the subject or the "from" on the email so I can try to find it?

Thank you so much.

Okay, I know I have been having issues with my memory lately in thinking I did something and then realizing I did not. I remember buying my 2 3 day expo tickets and I see a charge for them on my bank statement, but I do not find any emails with a confirmation. Did they send out emails to anyone else? If so, what was the subject or the "from" on the email so I can try to find it?

Thank you so much.
My email came from DisneyD23@events2email.com and the subject was:
Your Receipt For D23 Expo 2019 Tickets

Nice how they waited until the D23 ticket early bird special was over before putting that out...

I actually renewed my membership two days ago so I could get the pre-screening mary poppings tickets and they wouldn't retroactively let me use the 23% off.

Sorcerers got our first email - wanted to confirm contact info/name & said we'd get monthly updates. I know it still seems forever away, but I'm hoping the frequent communication will make time fly!

This is my first time going to D23 expo and I was wondering if any of you have any tips for first timers. As well as tips and supplies I need to bring or should bring if I want to camp out for one of the panels or if it’s even necessary to camp out for the panels. Thank you!

1. Bring reading material and plan to for many waits in long lines. Everyone around you is a Disney fan so make friends, talk, and/or read or listen to music (ear buds), etc.

2. Get there EARLY each day if possible. Like 4AM or 5AM early.

3. Bring snack food.

4. Get lunch or dinner early or late when the lines are not as bad.

5. Get a collapsible chair.

6. Bring a sweater (cold rooms a lot of the time)

7. Figure out beforehand (once they announce an agenda) what you want to do. Be prepared to be only able to do half of it.

:wizard:

If you plan to go to the live action panel which will likely be Saturday morning you will need to camp overnight in the waiting hall at the convention center.

I'm a lazy convention-goer and go with the flow. Download the D23 Expo app when it is available to help plan things out.

The schedule may not be out for a while, but in general the Disney Legends panel in on the first day and the Parks and the Movies panel is on the second day. Those are the panels that usually have overnight lines.

There are many, many things to see and do. Don't try to do them all or you will be overwhelmed.

I'm a longtime convention-goer (SDCC, NYCC multiple times, countless others...) but 2017 was my first D23 experience. My helpful hints for making it an enjoyable and not frustrating weekend:

- Expect LONG Days. Like starting before 5 a.m. and not ending until well after the convention has closed for the night (especially if you're planning on visiting the park too).
- Once the full convention schedule is published, try to identify the ONE thing each day that you'd be upset if you missed and plan your day around that. If it's one of the big panels (parks, live action, animation), expect that to take up at least half your day, if not more.
- As people have said, if you plan on being in the audience for the first panel in the large hall on the first or second day, then plan on camping out overnight leading into it. Other panels might not need a full overnight campout, but will still require a lot of line time.
- This will almost seem counter to my previous three tips, but if you're NOT going to one of the main hall panels, and there's nothing in the morning that you absolutely must do, consider showing up late. The morning lines moved very slowly as thousands of people piled into the convention hall and more people kept getting in line behind them. This is basically what happened to me on the first day of the show, where I showed up an hour before the show opened, and didn't get in until almost two hours later. On the third day of the show, I waited until about 2 hours after the show opened (taking advantage of the extra time to catch up on sleep), then literally walked right in -- and in fact walked right into Alan Menken's one-man show in the main hall, without waiting in line for that either.

Again, just know that you will NOT be able to do everything -- it's literally impossible, with so many panels happening simultaneously -- but with some planning and some patience, you'll be able to do a lot, and you'll have a fun time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!