D23 Club Membership

Weegl

Mouseketeer
A little off topic for this board, but it is highly trafficked so I thought I'd lob this question out to the largest group of Disney fans as possible:

My DW bought be a membership in D23 for Christmas (which I very much appreciate). I am enjoying the first issue of the magazine, but I'm not real sure what else I will get out of this membership (aside form a certificate and sticker!).

Has anyone else joined the "club", and do you enjoy the membership benefits?

Thanks for any insight/opinions.

I got a D23 membership for Christmas from my DH and was wondering the same thing. I am curious what other people will respond! Let's hope we get some good results.

This thread is better suited for the Theme Parks Community board, so I've moved it. :)

Well, at least that's 2 of us! The magazine is quite good and I'm hoping to try a recipe in it. Wouldn't it be cool if they had some kind of perk when visiting the parks!

I'm a Day 1 Charter Member for D23- so far, I love it! I also recently renewed.

I went to a Disney Studios Tour back in August (for free!) and that made it extremely worthwhile to me despite the fact I can't go to most of the events as they are often in the SoCal area.

To be honest, the only reason I have the membership is for the magazine, but it is nice to know that if I have enough time to get to an event, its always a possibility.

My absolute favorite freebie (non-event) was the Day 1 Charter Member pin they sent to all of us, it was a really special touch and I was happy to be recognized.

Thanks for that info. I live in FL, so events in SoCal won't do much for me either....maybe WDW perks will grow over time.

I was wondering the same thing. My DH bought it for me and other than having to BUY other things. What is it going to do? I mean I thought it would have some secret perks and I just don't know if I will renew.

You get the magazines with a bonus freebie (usually relating to Disney history, they're really nice inexpensive things) per magazine.
You can buy the merchandise. You can go to the Expo cheaper and enter an hour earlier (unfortunately its during the school year so it counts me out).
You can go to specialized events.

The Disney Studios is not open to public tours, but D23 does free tours for members (if you can manage to snag one of 150 spots per day offered! It took me two tries :))

Overall, no there is no major benefit, but I like being a part of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter