D23 2019 UPDATE 3/9 This is the end, my only friend, the end. Of our elaborate plans, the end.

Brian and I went out to eat, so I was able to force him to pick panels. This is how we're looking, completely realistic, leaving time for other stuff and taking into consideration time to get from one panel to another.

Friday
12:30-1:30: Music and Sounds of Galaxy's Edge (arena, stage pass)
3:30-5: Disney + (Hall D23, stage pass)
5:30-6:30: Swiss Family Treehouse

Saturday

This is the rough day.

10-12: Studios (will only go to this if we get a stage pass)
10-11: Simpsons (if we don't do studios)
12:30-1:30: HM 50 (stagepass)
1:30-2:30: Secret Panel
3:30-5: Disney on Broadway (stagepass if we don't do Studios)
5:30-6:30: Musical Journey of Aladdin

Sunday
10:30-12: Parks and Resorts (Hall D23, stage pass)
2-3: Inspiring Women Behind GE (stage 28, stage pass)
4:15-5:30: Disney Character Voices
5:30-6:30: Disneyland 59

This day kind of sucks for the stage passes. Would prefer to do Parks and Voices, but they are both in Hall D23 and we can only do pass per stage per day.

What does everyone think about my Saturday?? If we do get Studios passes, there def won't be time to get to HM 50. So can basically do Studios, Secret Panel, Broadway and Aladdin. Or Simspons, HM 50, Broadway and Aladdin.

Did anyone else decide on a realistic Saturday?

Are you ditching Vader Immortal? I did some updating. I think I am sticking with Simpsons on Saturday. I might ditch the Secret panel, depending upon what they announce on the 22nd. Your Saturday could be busy, but I think you will be ditching some of the panels, once you know what you got Stage Pass for. Disneyland '59 looks like it could be good. I'll see how I feel, but I might tag along for that on Sunday.

Friday
10:30-11:30am Great Moments with Walt Disney
12-1pm At Work with Walt
12:30-1:30pm Jeff Kurtti Signing (Talent Pass)
2-3pm Vader Immortal (Stage Pass?)
3:30-5pm Disney+ (Stage Pass)
5:30-6:30pm Swiss Family Treehouse

Saturday
10-11am Simpsons
12:30-1:30pm Haunted Mansion (Stage Pass)
1:30-2:30pm Secret (Stage Pass?)

3-4pm Ken Anderson's Haunted Mansion
3:30-4:40pm Immersive Worlds (I think I am doing this one over Ken Anderson's HM)
6-7pm Travels with Marty (I may be pooped and starving at this point and have to skip this)

Sunday
10:30am-12pm Parks (Stage Pass)
12-1pm Marc Davis
1:30-2:30pm Marc Davis Book Signing (Talent Pass)
3-4pm Disney Storytelling (Stage Pass)
4:15-5:30pm Character Voices (Stage Pass if I don't get Parks)

I also made a list of must dos for the parks. Anything else that you can think of. I think I am going to book a droid reservation tomorrow for Thursday morning, maybe about 10am. What do you think? When my flight leaves Houston (layover), I might try to book something same day on Wednesday, maybe during your Club 33 lunch. I would still have time to cancel Thursday then.

DL Must Dos
Great Moments with Mr Lincoln
Corn dog from Little Red Wagon
MSEP
Tropical Hideaway
Beignets/Mint Julip
Tarzan Treehouse (never done this :confused3 )
Pirates (because it's better at DLR)
SWGE

DCA Must Dos
Emotional Whirlwind
Cookie Num Num
GOTG
It's Lemon! (The lemony soft-serve)

Trader Sam's

I very much suspect that the system will work in such a way that we will all get shut out of all but a few stagepasses. I hope I am wrong - but this is what I am worried about. Hopefully there's enough non-planners out there to make it not too bad - but I seriously doubt it.

Most likely, that is how it will work. But hey, let's hope that there's more uneducated masses then we think there are!

I am going for Disney + and Parks/Resorts right out of the gate.

Disney + because I don't want it to ruin my entire Friday. I have no idea when it's necessary to line up for that one.

Are you ditching Vader Immortal? I really don't want to, but I don't see how I could realistically get from that one to Disney+. Which is a shame since Vader Immortal would be in my top 5, but Disney+ is pretty much my number one due to the Mandalorian. I did some updating. I think I am sticking with Simpsons on Saturday. I might ditch the Secret panel, depending upon what they announce on the 22nd. Your Saturday could be busy, but I think you will be ditching some of the panels, once you know what you got Stage Pass for. Disneyland '59 looks like it could be good. I'll see how I feel, but I might tag along for that on Sunday.

Friday
10:30-11:30am Great Moments with Walt Disney This was on Brian's list, so if we get our Music Emporium wristbands taken care of we might join you.
12-1pm At Work with Walt
12:30-1:30pm Jeff Kurtti Signing (Talent Pass)
2-3pm Vader Immortal (Stage Pass?)
3:30-5pm Disney+ (Stage Pass)
5:30-6:30pm Swiss Family Treehouse

Saturday
10-11am Simpsons
12:30-1:30pm Haunted Mansion (Stage Pass)
1:30-2:30pm Secret (Stage Pass?)

3-4pm Ken Anderson's Haunted Mansion
3:30-4:40pm Immersive Worlds (I think I am doing this one over Ken Anderson's HM)
6-7pm Travels with Marty (I may be pooped and starving at this point and have to skip this)

Sunday
10:30am-12pm Parks (Stage Pass)
12-1pm Marc Davis
1:30-2:30pm Marc Davis Book Signing (Talent Pass)
3-4pm Disney Storytelling (Stage Pass)
4:15-5:30pm Character Voices (Stage Pass if I don't get Parks)

I also made a list of must dos for the parks. Anything else that you can think of. I think I am going to book a droid reservation tomorrow for Thursday morning, maybe about 10am. What do you think? When my flight leaves Houston (layover), I might try to book something same day on Wednesday, maybe during your Club 33 lunch. I would still have time to cancel Thursday then. I ended up getting ours for 5:35 pm on Tuesday. I just want to get him as early as possible to increase the time we have with him in the parks. More playtime. 10 am on Thursday would prob be a good time.

DL Must Dos
MSEP
Tropical Hideaway
Beignets/Mint Julip
SWGE

Literally everything on your list are must dos for us as well

DCA Must Dos
Emotional Whirlwind
Cookie Num Num
GOTG

Eh I could take or leave the lemon soft serve, but besides that we are all on the same page

Trader Sam's

Do I even need to respond to that one??

I also made a list of must dos for the parks. Anything else that you can think of. I think I am going to book a droid reservation tomorrow for Thursday morning, maybe about 10am. What do you think? When my flight leaves Houston (layover), I might try to book something same day on Wednesday, maybe during your Club 33 lunch. I would still have time to cancel Thursday then.

DL Must Dos
MSEP
Tropical Hideaway
Beignets/Mint Julip
SWGE

DCA Must Dos
Emotional Whirlwind
Cookie Num Num
GOTG

Trader Sam's

I forgot about old Soarin' too :jumping3:

What day are you going to build your lightsaber?

So, yeah! We have 2 reservations for Oga's, and we both have Droid Depot reservations. I am hoping to move mine to my first day, instead of my second. I just don't want to gamble that the airlines and weather are that reliable. I'll try from the airport, once I know that my flight is on time.

I've been finalizing my plans today since we're getting close.

I feel pretty good about the Disneyland Days, at least.

Tuesday Aug 20

Southwest Flight 11:50- 12:30 MCI- Phoenix then 1:15-2:40 Phoenix-LAX

DL Hours 8-11

DCA Hours 8-9

Droid building: 6:40 pm
We will probably do a counter service dinner, then explore Galaxy's Edge and take it easy this night.
Don't think Max Pass will be worth it.

Wednesday Aug 21

DL 8-11

DCA (7)8-9

In DL for rope drop. Might try out the 'go opposite way of Galaxy's Edge' strategy. Get Fantasyland and Hyperspace done. Back to hotel to get changed for Club 33 around 11.

Club 33 1:45 pm

Oga’s 6:55 pm

Will probably get max pass for this day. Might try to see Fantasmic.

Thursday Aug 22

DL (7)8-11

DCA 8-9

Lamplight Lounge 4:15 pm

Oga’s 8:05 pm

Max pass again today.
Will see what we can of the fireworks from Galaxy's Edge.

Friday Aug 23

Expo 9-7

Saturday Aug 24

Expo 9-7

Sunday Aug 25

Expo 9-7

DL 8-12

DCA 8-9

Probably won't go into DL tonight, but it is open until midnight. So depends on our tiredness level.

Monday Aug 26

DL 9-11

DCA (8)9-9

Southwest 1769 8:10 pm- 1:15 am LAX-MCI

Max pass again.

I didn't see MSEP in your schedule. I guess we only have Wednesday or Thursday to do it. It's showing at 8:45 and 10:45pm. Might have to hit the last one.

Are you guys going to stay at the hotel from 11am until you head to Club 33?

Here's my park schedule. I have Maxpass and hoppers for all 3 of my park days.

Wednesday
AUS AA 6am CST -> LAX 7:15am PST (Ugh! I might beat the airport workers to the airport :rotfl2: )
Drop off luggage at Sheraton, change into shorts, get park gear, and hit the parks.
Not sure which park I will go to first. It depends when I can get there, and where you guys are. I'll text you.
No idea about lunch yet. Definitely QS or even a stand. I will see how the mood strikes me.
If flight leaves on time, schedule Droid Depot for lunch time/early afternoon (during your Club 33 lunch) and cancel Thursday depot ADR.
Oga's @ 6:55pm
F!?
MSEP?

Thursday
I want to do Morning Magic at DL Park.
Droid Depot at 10:10am, if not already done on Wednesday
Lamplight Lounge 4:15 pm
Oga’s 8:05 pm
Fireworks
MSEP?

Monday
Maybe Oga's again?
LAX AA 7:59pm PST -> AUS 12:57am CST (Another hard day on Tuesday. Might work from home. DH leaves for Korea a few hours after picking me up from the airport.)

DL Must Dos
MSEP
Tropical Hideaway
Beignets/Mint Julip
SWGE

DCA Must Dos
Emotional Whirlwind
Cookie Num Num
GOTG

Trader Sam's

So, forgot Old Soarin' (mentioned previously) and Hyperspace Mountain. I have never done it.

Well that reservation system was a fiasco for me.

Didn't really get anything.

Now there are rumors swirling that the standby line will only be filling any seats left from stage passes who don't show up. I don't want to believe that is true, but people are saying that D23 phone CMs are telling them that. I have a headache.

Hello darkness my old friend.

Well that reservation system was a fiasco for me.

Didn't really get anything.

Now there are rumors swirling that the standby line will only be filling any seats left from stage passes who don't show up. I don't want to believe that is true, but people are saying that D23 phone CMs are telling them that. I have a headache.

Hello darkness my old friend.

I honestly feel like they knew tech would fail, they must’ve held back a good amount of standby seats (especially since it was the first year with this insanity and people would revert to standby anyway). I’m really crossing fingers that folks will be able to see their top choices, stagepass or not

I honestly feel like they knew tech would fail, they must’ve held back a good amount of standby seats (especially since it was the first year with this insanity and people would revert to standby anyway). I’m really crossing fingers that folks will be able to see their top choices, stagepass or not

I don't really believe what people are saying... Then again d23 organizers were dumb enough to have done this queue system today so who knows what else they'll do.

What makes me the most upset is a couple hundred people will have a dream expo experience, and the rest of us got basically nothing.

If they were going to do it like this, why on Earth allow people 3 talent passes a day. 3?!? There weren't that many to start with. How about allow people to choose 1 of the big 4 panels, instead of the first people into the system getting at least 3 of the 4. It makes no sense and is unbelievably unfair.

It boggles the mind.

I don't really believe what people are saying... Then again d23 organizers were dumb enough to have done this queue system today so who knows what else they'll do.

What makes me the most upset is a couple hundred people will have a dream expo experience, and the rest of us got basically nothing.

If they were going to do it like this, why on Earth allow people 3 talent passes a day. 3?!? There weren't that many to start with. How about allow people to choose 1 of the big 4 panels, instead of the first people into the system getting at least 3 of the 4. It makes no sense and is unbelievably unfair.

It boggles the mind.

Oh, completely. Logistics is not their strong suit whatsoever.

I just hate that pre-expo should be an amazing, exciting time filled with anticipation, and instead there’s this cloud of uncertainty/bitter tastes in everyone’s mouths (rightfully so). I really hope they can right the ship over the next few days and make it enjoyable for everyone, not just a select few with fast internet servers

Oh, completely. Logistics is not their strong suit whatsoever.

I just hate that pre-expo should be an amazing, exciting time filled with anticipation, and instead there’s this cloud of uncertainty/bitter tastes in everyone’s mouths (rightfully so). I really hope they can right the ship over the next few days and make it enjoyable for everyone, not just a select few with fast internet servers

That's exactly it though. Instead of being excited a lot of us are just feeling defeated and worried.

Which is not the way to start off the expo.

... I just hate that pre-expo should be an amazing, exciting time filled with anticipation, and instead there’s this cloud of uncertainty/bitter tastes in everyone’s mouths (rightfully so). I really hope they can right the ship over the next few days and make it enjoyable for everyone, not just a select few with fast internet servers
That's exactly it though. Instead of being excited a lot of us are just feeling defeated and worried.
Which is not the way to start off the expo.
We were discussing this today (like everyone else) and basically said the same things. Every Expo starts out like this -- exhausting, anxiety ridden, totally stress filled, and increasingly negative and fear-filled as the days get closer. Why is every Expo like this and how does D23 manage to do this every time? But then we went out to dinner and told ourselves that once Expo starts and the ball gets rolling (AND... we actually manage to get inside the building!), for the most part, we really do enjoy ourselves. So that's what we will focus on this time, whether we get into any panels or not. Our mantra will be "Just Keep Swimming!" and, if all else fails, you'll find us at the food trucks feasting on French fries. :)

I have to give them credit, they did try to offer reservations...which has been the biggest gripe every Expo. And, of course, new technology is going to be bumpy the first time around.

But...the “equitable” distribution seems to have been so not equitable and that is going to fuel a lot of emotion. I’d like to think that come Monday we get an announcement from D23 Corporate that provides transparency, like percentages of seats held back for stand-by. But I also am realistic that Disney does not work that way.

In the end, I know the Expo will be fun and frenetic. It may be totally different from my expectations...but that’s also Ok.

All wise words. I waited four hours for the money pit last year, didn’t see a single panel, and still had fun. Can’t wait to find the unexpected fun in this year’s expo!

But feasting on french fries sounds pretty fantastic @theluckyrabbit - May have to join 😂

I really feel like they limited the number of spots they gave out. We were lucky that we got through and got 2 for some big panels, but all the small panels, talent passes and store passes were gone 30 minutes in. I suspect they gave out less than half the seats at maximum. But I have never felt so stressed as I was doing it. Didn't help we were boarding plane at the time. And we only have 2 spots and have 3 people, so not great either. But admit better than what most got.

I guess I didn't have any expectations, except to be sleeping on the cold hard ground. So, my expectations may be bet :rotfl2: Or I won't even get that opportunity:sad2: It's hard to say. I don't think we will know until the word gets out on the Legends panel. I am wondering how the Celebration panel reservations were set up. It seems like those were a combo of lottery and reservations. I wonder if D23 consulted at all with them to learn. It kind of seems like they didn't:sad2: I know those reservations didn't go off perfectly, but I heard a lot less complaining about them than Expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!