Cute surprises to plan in Disneyland

Trv2333

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I’m looking for something to do in the park to surprise my s/o...something like watching the fireworks from Storybook Canal or another ride. Ideally, I’d like it to be free, but I’m willing to look at priced things.

Currently, I’ve been looking at the Lily Belle car and piloting the Mark Twain - I’m looking for some other ideas along those lines if possible!

If you have any ideas at all, please let me know!
Thank you so so much!

Hi everyone!

I’m looking for something to do in the park to surprise my s/o...something like watching the fireworks from Storybook Canal or another ride. Ideally, I’d like it to be free, but I’m willing to look at priced things.

Currently, I’ve been looking at the Lily Belle car and piloting the Mark Twain - I’m looking for some other ideas along those lines if possible!

If you have any ideas at all, please let me know!
Thank you so so much!
Moved you to the DLand board. 😊

The Lilly Belle train carriage is now only available on The Grand Circle Tour, which is not currently available in 2019, I think it may be brought back in 2020

You can no longer ask to Pilot The Mark Twain. You have to be selected by the pilot now.

My suggestions would be
  1. Ask to ride in the front with the driver or in the end of The Monorail
  2. Do the first Fantasmic show as a dining package, get a place at the railings in the viewing area and then stay to watch the fireworks after Fantasmic
  3. Be in the pre line up for Peter Pan during the fireworks, unique experience of the fireworks and then you get to be first onto Peter Pan when they reopen Fantasyland

Only available at the Main ST station, ask to ride Tinder on the train. You sit behind the engineer and you can't get off til you are back at Main St

You might want to look through one of the recent "Things you love about Disneyland" threads-- there's been 2 in the last couple weeks. There are a lot of neat little details to look for throughout the lands. For example, it might be fun to have a couple of coins on hand and hang out around the wishing well next to the Castle, preferably during a non-busy time. Maybe late at night. Or, pick up a special treat somewhere (I love Honey Bear Bakery over by Winnie the Pooh) and stash it in your bag for later; go find the "secret" (not really, but it's usually quite quiet) pathway behind the Harbor Galley restaurant, across from Haunted Mansion. Stand on the bridge where you can watch people coming down the big drop on Splash mountain, and then cruising past beneath you on the way to the Splash exit. Pull out the treats for a low key, fun moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!