Curry Village Cabins-Yosemite

RangerPooh

DIS Veteran
It's been about 8 years since I last stayed in a standard cabin at Curry Village so I have a question or two. The website said that there is not electric outlets, is this true? If so what's the bet way to charge phones/laptops (we unfortunately have to bring work with us)? The picture shown online looks like the walls are see-through, all of the cabins that I have stayed in in the past had canvas sides that you couldn't see through during the day, but could see shadows at night. Is this still the case?

Any recommendations on where to eat or location to request? We haven't been there in about 6 years and usually camp. Heck, that's the longest distance I have ever gone without being there, I use to go a few times a year and knew what to expect (ie: no gas in valley, no food in car, bear lockers [a no brainer there]). So any tips are appreciated. Thank you.

I know what you mean... It's hard to spend too much time from Yosemite.

There is a large room that is a lounge area, behind the amphitheater/across from the pizza deck. There are outlets in there you can plug into.

The canvas walls should be the same as you remember them - not see through.

I like eating at the pizza deck. They also have a cafeteria type place @ Curry Village. In the morning you can get coffee/something light to eat, or have a breakfast. They also have a couple of places to eat at Yosemite Village or Yosemite Lodge.

You can get gas near the Wawona Hotel. I recommend gassing up before you enter the park, and then refueling either at the gas station by Wawona, or the other one - I think it's near White Wolf.

Have fun at the most beautiful place on Earth.

I haven't been to the Curry Village tent cabins in a lot longer than you ;) But I agree with Mary Jo - the cabins should still have canvas sides.

In addition to her suggestion about recharging near the pizza deck, if I were you I'd also bring along a power inverter so you can recharge off your car battery. Take a look here. Something in the 100-400 watt range should do it for you. 100 watts may only be enough for 2 devices or so. Anything bigger than 400 watts or so may deplete your car battery too quickly. If you're using 300 watts or more, I'd only run it for a couple of hours before getting in your car and driving somewhere to recharge the car battery.

HTH,
Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter