Current Ship Staff & Movies

Do you happen to know when each of them will finish up their current contract? We will be on the Wonder for the NYE sailing and wonder if they'll still be on at that time.

Thanks in advance! :)

I didn't fully pay attention because the info only seemed to go through the end of the year and I cruise in Feb, but Scott posted an updated list a week or so ago on the DCL Blog.

Do you happen to know when each of them will finish up their current contract? We will be on the Wonder for the NYE sailing and wonder if they'll still be on at that time.

Thanks in advance! :)
We were chatting to Jo on our Mexican Riviera cruise last week and she said that her contract was finishing in a few weeks time.

anyone sail on Fantasy recently and know names of
Cruise Director
Assistant CD
Club Host

and will they be there over Xmas?

Thank you

anyone sail on Fantasy recently and know names of
Cruise Director
Assistant CD
Club Host

and will they be there over Xmas?

Thank you
On the Fantasy right now in Jamaica! :)

Cruise Director: Lee
Assistant Cruise Director: Drew (I think)
Club Host: Chris

We were chatting to Jo on our Mexican Riviera cruise last week and she said that her contract was finishing in a few weeks time.

Really hope Jo is still there for the Wonder Dec 27 cruise... If she's not, the cruise experience will not be the same for us (wife and I - DD doesnt care) - I know, first world problems.
But really. She is that good. I mean, we'll still enjoy the cruise, go to bars, the pools, pig out, etc. But she adds so much to the cruising experience. We absolutely love her. She's so magnetic and charismatic.
If anyone know if she's there, please post. TIA

The Club Host was Matt from Great Britain. He said he was on his first contract.

Matt's been with DCL for a while, we was club host on both my Oct 2016 NYC and May 2018 EBTA cruises on the Magic. Unless there's another Matt from the UK that's now host on the Magic... seems too much of a coincidence though.

Really hope Jo is still there for the Wonder Dec 27 cruise... If she's not, the cruise experience will not be the same for us (wife and I - DD doesnt care) - I know, first world problems.
But really. She is that good. I mean, we'll still enjoy the cruise, go to bars, the pools, pig out, etc. But she adds so much to the cruising experience. We absolutely love her. She's so magnetic and charismatic.
If anyone know if she's there, please post. TIA

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Jo will not be sailing with us over New Year's on Disney Wonder. I have this directly from her. She believes that the Club Host will be Rod. I personally know nothing about him. Also, I have confirmed directly from the sources that neither will Leslie, the Bingo Queen, nor will Mark Wills, country singer, be sailing with us.
I have confirmed that Conner of the Cruise Staff Team will be sailing with us, and that Aaron Lotzow, superb piano player/singer normally in the Cadillac Lounge, but also part of the NYE Deck Party sing-along, will be on our cruise. I am waiting for some other sources to weigh in on who else is sailing with us.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Jo will not be sailing with us over New Year's on Disney Wonder. I have this directly from her. She believes that the Club Host will be Rod. I personally know nothing about him. Also, I have confirmed directly from the sources that neither will Leslie, the Bingo Queen, nor will Mark Wills, country singer, be sailing with us.
I have confirmed that Conner of the Cruise Staff Team will be sailing with us, and that Aaron Lotzow, superb piano player/singer normally in the Cadillac Lounge, but also part of the NYE Deck Party sing-along, will be on our cruise. I am waiting for some other sources to weigh in on who else is sailing with us.

WOW.. thank you for finding out, and for the reply.
Its sad, but hey, its the Disney Cruise, it'll still be fun.
Wont tell the wife as she loves her way more than I do.
Don't know Rod either, or the other staff you mentioned. but thanks for the feedback.
Really appreciate you taking the time to find out. Would like to buy you a drink in appreciation for taking the time to investigate.
We'll be at the champagne tasting on embarkation day at 2.00 pm. Wife and I, wearing a red DCL themed shirt (a Disney family t-shirt wife had made online).
If you want to meet, my name is Joseph.
Can you please ask Jo what her schedule looks like for next year? Does she know what ship she'll be in mostly? What months?
Thank you again!
Come say hi, would love to meet you and buy you a drink

We sailed with Rod on B2B Dream cruises this summer. He did a great job! He actually made DCL history on our cruise as he was the first Club Host to actually perform a variety act. His comedy routine was very funny! In talking to him the next day he noted that the powers that be watch during all those acts to see how many guests leave during the performance and not 1 person left during his, so that says something.:thumbsup2 Oh and I really liked him because he didn't believe DH and I were old to enough to be parents to our kids who were sitting next to us at the bar. :worship:

***Edited to add, you can find info on Rod here. https://www.rodminger.com/events-shows

Last edited:
Please let us know if you get an update on Jo. We are sailing the Wonder in February and April and were hoping to see her again

I just called customer service and got the list of movies currently scheduled for the 5 Jan 2019 sailing of the Fantasy:
Star Wars - The Last Jedi
Avengers Infinity War
Solo - A Star Wars Story
The Incredibles 2
Ant Man and the Wasp
Christopher Robin
The Nutcracker
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Mary Poppins Returns

According to customer service this is the list as of today and may change between now and the cruise date.

Can't wait to see Mary Poppins Returns!! (I am old enough to have seen the original Mary Poppins in the movie theater when it first came out!! (Boy am I OLD!!)

I just called customer service and got the list of movies currently scheduled for the 5 Jan 2019 sailing of the Fantasy:
Star Wars - The Last Jedi
Avengers Infinity War
Solo - A Star Wars Story
The Incredibles 2
Ant Man and the Wasp
Christopher Robin
The Nutcracker
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Mary Poppins Returns

According to customer service this is the list as of today and may change between now and the cruise date.

Can't wait to see Mary Poppins Returns!! (I am old enough to have seen the original Mary Poppins in the movie theater when it first came out!! (Boy am I OLD!!)

Great, thanks for posting! We are on the Jan 12th sailing and were curious what might be playing....this is a good list for us if it holds.

Current Magic

Captain Fabian
CM Darren
ACM Lee
Club host Matt
Bingo caller Tim
DJ Ben
Guy
Sherva
Michael
Belen
Samantha
Taylor
Cory

Anyone have a recent update on the crew of the Wonder? We leave in 5 weeks and are just curious. I think Jo is the current host but not sure how long she'll be aboard.

Just off the Dream 1/14-18

Staff-
Captain Andy
CD - Karly/Asst. - Matt
DJ - Wendell

Current Movies-
upload_2019-1-20_15-12-57.jpeg
Plus they had an extra showing of Ralph Breaks the Internet in the WD theater on the sea day.

Anyone have a recent update on the crew of the Wonder? We leave in 5 weeks and are just curious. I think Jo is the current host but not sure how long she'll be aboard.
Seems like Jo has been around for an awfully long time! Had her two years ago on the Wonder and 4 years ago on the Magic. Wonder where she will be this summer when we cruise the Magic again? She is so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter