Current rules on simultaneous ADRs?

Colleen27

DIS Veteran
What is the current status of Disney's reservation system when it comes to booking two ADRs for the same time? Will I be able to do this from my MDE account, since there will be different people on each of the reservations, or do I have to set up another account? And just FTR, since I remember how heated these discussions used to get before the cancellation penalty reined in routine double-booking, I'm not trying to get away with anything - my son's SO is joining us on this trip, so one night they're going to have a date-night dinner while my daughters and I eat elsewhere.

What is the current status of Disney's reservation system when it comes to booking two ADRs for the same time? Will I be able to do this from my MDE account, since there will be different people on each of the reservations, or do I have to set up another account? And just FTR, since I remember how heated these discussions used to get before the cancellation penalty reined in routine double-booking, I'm not trying to get away with anything - my son's SO is joining us on this trip, so one night they're going to have a date-night dinner while my daughters and I eat elsewhere.
I have experienced this very same issue when we went with other family members.
You either need to set up 2 separate accounts, or call. If you're looking at 2 separate tough to get ADRs, then have 2 separate MDE accounts.
If one is hard and the other fairly easy, then book the toughest one at 0600, then call at 0700 to add the 2nd.
And last, if they are 2 relatively easy to book ADRs, then just wait and call at 0700.
This has been my experience.
Good luck.

As long as you book the ADR for your son and his SO first with him as the primary contact you can go back in and make the ADR for yourself with no problems.

I have to do this all of the time since we have a large group and sometimes need two ADR's just to get into a restaurant. I make two reservations at either the same time or within 5 to 15 minutes of the other one. I book the first one with my husband as the primary and then I am allowed to go in and do a second one with myself as the primary, no problems at all.

No need to use a second MDE, they won't cancel anything or charge you no show fees.

I book the first one with my husband as the primary and then I am allowed to go in and do a second one with myself as the primary, no problems at all.

I've done this as well. Just be sure that you list yourself as primary on the SECOND reservation. Otherwise, it will block you from making a second one from your MDE account. Note that I can't seem to go back later and revise the reservations where DH is primary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter