Current menu for Monsieur Paul?

AnnMichele

Mouseketeer
Heading to Monsieur Paul for dinner on Monday night (5/7). Does anyone know the current menus, both pre fixe and a la carte? I understand the menus change frequently and there is more than one pre fixe option (Disney's website only shows one). If anyone is currently or has recently been in the park and can relay the info, I'd appreciate it! Also, what dishes do you recommend? SO EXCITED!!!

Did they change it? Last fall when we ate there, they had the standard ala carte menu as well as a pre fixe tasting menu.

Just ate there last night (so good) and Monsieur Paul offers 2 pre fixe menus. Here are photos.

Attachments

• 9A1BE3DB-7503-4FA2-B795-EE7D65B49C5F.jpeg
    9A1BE3DB-7503-4FA2-B795-EE7D65B49C5F.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 6BFAEEA5-6BF7-4020-BA92-27F6AFF0DAA5.jpeg
    6BFAEEA5-6BF7-4020-BA92-27F6AFF0DAA5.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 89

Ate here for my birthday on Monday April 30th. So good. We had the best server ever and the food was delicious.

Only the first one is shown online or at the restaurant’s door. I did a la carte.
I never know why that restaurant makes such a mystery of their offerings. I had to go to the restaurant ahead of time and actually ask to see all the menus, LOL.

So what did you like/dislike at your dinner? Enquiring people want to know:D.

I never know why that restaurant makes such a mystery of their offerings. I had to go to the restaurant ahead of time and actually ask to see all the menus, LOL.

So what did you like/dislike at your dinner? Enquiring people want to know:D.
Here's what our table had, with my thoughts:
  • Bread basket - I had the Parmesan bread and the Swiss cheese bread. Both are great and it was difficult to restrain myself from filling up on bread!
  • Oxtail soup (Soup aux Truffes V.G.E.) - Ordered this because of all the glowing reviews I'd seen. It was good, but not worth $29. The broth was savory, the meat was good, and the en croute crust was cool, but it wasn't for me. I did request a small sample of the cauliflower soup and that was creamy, flavorful, and delicious! (The online menu says "carrot soup," but it's cauliflower.) I wish I would have ordered that instead.
  • Poached chicken breast - Very very good and savory. The chicken was moist and cooked perfectly, the craw fish and truffles added a great flavor and the potatoes and sauce worked very well together. I loved this dish.
  • Sea bass - My sister had this and it was fantastic. The potatoes on top balanced out the fish and the rosemary sauce had a buttery Marsala flavor to it. This was a very rich but well-balanced dish.
  • The Sphere - We indulged in the Sphere for dessert. Very good, especially for chocolate lovers! The melting presentation is very cool. If you have ANY room left and like chocolate, order this.
  • Coffee - My sister ordered decaf coffee, which we were delighted to see was French press. It was so much better and heartier than any coffee on property. If you like coffee after dinner, you will not be disappointed.
Something weird that happened: I paid with a gift card and my sister paid with a credit card. After the check was delivered, the server ran my gift card at the register and brought me the receipt to add gratuity, like a normal restaurant. But, he brought a handheld credit card machine for my sister. My sister was mid-story (she appeared to be talking to me and the server) and the server handed her the handheld device while she was mid-sentence. This is one of those devices where you add in tip digitally. This surprised her so she didn't finished her sentence and the waiter stayed at the table while she added gratuity. This totally threw her and she under tipped by accident. Thank goodness we had cash to make it right! Overall, service was spectacular, but it was an awkward exchange. I wish that the server had waited until she was done with her sentence, handed her the device, and walked away to give her a minute to add a tip. I think he stayed so he wouldn't appear rude for leaving while my sister was talking. This should not deter anyone from going, but think about your gratuity once you get the bill, just in case.

I'd really like to try it one of these days. I'm a little nervous since I'm not the most adventurous when it comes to food. I love Chefs de France.

What kind of dress do they require? I'm planning on a more dapper Disney Bound for my Epcot day, but I'm not sure if it would be appropriate.

I'd really like to try it one of these days. I'm a little nervous since I'm not the most adventurous when it comes to food. I love Chefs de France.

What kind of dress do they require? I'm planning on a more dapper Disney Bound for my Epcot day, but I'm not sure if it would be appropriate.
They can recommend or help you select your entree based on your preferences. If you love Chefs, that’s a great start!

We had time to go to our hotel, shower, and change before our 8pm reservation. We were wearing cotton maxi dresses and flat sandals, but there was one table there in their park clothes. If you have time, I’d recommend something a step up from park clothes, but it’s not necessary. While i didn’t see a dress code, most ladies were wearing casual dresses and men in polo shirts or button-up shirts, and nice shorts or slacks.

By the way, it’s totally immersive. You forget you’re in a theme park. I think Pete and the team will be doing a dining review soon.

I've seen youtube vids where people looked quite comfortable wearing resort casual: polo shirt and dressier cargo shorts. That's the "uniform" I put together for all the man's signature meals. I wear solid t-shirt dresses, long or short, with statement jewelry in general for fine dining. The tween wears whatever an indulgent grandmother thinks is appropriate for a "princess" : Lily Pulitzer dresses seem to figure into our warm weather dressy gear for her but she'd be fine with a polo shirt (her new preference) and skirt as well.

Here's what our table had, with my thoughts:
  • Bread basket - I had the Parmesan bread and the Swiss cheese bread. Both are great and it was difficult to restrain myself from filling up on bread!
  • Oxtail soup (Soup aux Truffes V.G.E.) - Ordered this because of all the glowing reviews I'd seen. It was good, but not worth $29. The broth was savory, the meat was good, and the en croute crust was cool, but it wasn't for me. I did request a small sample of the cauliflower soup and that was creamy, flavorful, and delicious! (The online menu says "carrot soup," but it's cauliflower.) I wish I would have ordered that instead.
  • Poached chicken breast - Very very good and savory. The chicken was moist and cooked perfectly, the craw fish and truffles added a great flavor and the potatoes and sauce worked very well together. I loved this dish.
  • Sea bass - My sister had this and it was fantastic. The potatoes on top balanced out the fish and the rosemary sauce had a buttery Marsala flavor to it. This was a very rich but well-balanced dish.
  • The Sphere - We indulged in the Sphere for dessert. Very good, especially for chocolate lovers! The melting presentation is very cool. If you have ANY room left and like chocolate, order this.
  • Coffee - My sister ordered decaf coffee, which we were delighted to see was French press. It was so much better and heartier than any coffee on property. If you like coffee after dinner, you will not be disappointed.
Something weird that happened: I paid with a gift card and my sister paid with a credit card. After the check was delivered, the server ran my gift card at the register and brought me the receipt to add gratuity, like a normal restaurant. But, he brought a handheld credit card machine for my sister. My sister was mid-story (she appeared to be talking to me and the server) and the server handed her the handheld device while she was mid-sentence. This is one of those devices where you add in tip digitally. This surprised her so she didn't finished her sentence and the waiter stayed at the table while she added gratuity. This totally threw her and she under tipped by accident. Thank goodness we had cash to make it right! Overall, service was spectacular, but it was an awkward exchange. I wish that the server had waited until she was done with her sentence, handed her the device, and walked away to give her a minute to add a tip. I think he stayed so he wouldn't appear rude for leaving while my sister was talking. This should not deter anyone from going, but think about your gratuity once you get the bill, just in case.

I noted that the Crecy style soup is now made with cauliflower too!?! I'm hoping that the green pea soup will be on the menu when we arrive in summer but if not will go through your soup dilemma. I've eaten (and make) Potage Crecy but still want to taste the oxtail VGE version since Chef Bocuse was renowned for it.
Decisions, decisions.
Going for the fish for sure!:cool:

Soup aux Truffes V.G.E.
Oxtail broth with braised beef, vegetables and black winter truffles covered in puff pastry.
BD4C69BE-BFBC-4A62-8B10-52EF7EB837AF.jpeg

Poitrine de poulet et mousse truffée pochée
Poached, Free-range Chicken Breast and Truffle Mousse, Crayfish, Mixed Mushrooms, Confit Potatoes, Rice Chips, creamy Sauce.
F0D44000-3A85-49DC-B117-53C3658E5D39.jpeg

Last edited:
I've seen youtube vids where people looked quite comfortable wearing resort casual: polo shirt and dressier cargo shorts. That's the "uniform" I put together for all the man's signature meals. I wear solid t-shirt dresses, long or short, with statement jewelry in general for fine dining. The tween wears whatever an indulgent grandmother thinks is appropriate for a "princess" : Lily Pulitzer dresses seem to figure into our warm weather dressy gear for her but she'd be fine with a polo shirt (her new preference) and skirt as well.

I noted that the Crecy style soup is now made with cauliflower too!?! I'm hoping that the green pea soup will be on the menu when we arrive in summer but if not will go through your soup dilemma. I've eaten (and make) Potage Crecy but still want to taste the oxtail VGE version since Chef Bocuse was renowned for it.
Decisions, decisions.
Going for the fish for sure!:cool:
Yes, resort casual would be very appropriate. Ask for a sample of the soups! The oxtail soup won’t have a crust but you can taste the soup part!

Yes, resort casual would be very appropriate. Ask for a sample of the soups! The oxtail soup won’t have a crust but you can taste the soup part!
Good idea because if the stock isn't right no amount of truffles or puff paste will help:cool:.

They can recommend or help you select your entree based on your preferences. If you love Chefs, that’s a great start!

We had time to go to our hotel, shower, and change before our 8pm reservation. We were wearing cotton maxi dresses and flat sandals, but there was one table there in their park clothes. If you have time, I’d recommend something a step up from park clothes, but it’s not necessary. While i didn’t see a dress code, most ladies were wearing casual dresses and men in polo shirts or button-up shirts, and nice shorts or slacks.

By the way, it’s totally immersive. You forget you’re in a theme park. I think Pete and the team will be doing a dining review soon.

Ok, so it's not completely formal. I was planning on a Briar Rose Disney Bound for that day. So dark gray comfortable khakis, short sleeved white collared shirt, black vest, dark purple or lavender tie and black leather tennis shoes. If people are wearing shorts, then I should be fine.

Ok, so it's not completely formal. I was planning on a Briar Rose Disney Bound for that day. So dark gray comfortable khakis, short sleeved white collared shirt, black vest, dark purple or lavender tie and black leather tennis shoes. If people are wearing shorts, then I should be fine.
That sounds fantastic! You should definitely do that. A dapper day and Monsieur Paul sounds like the perfect combo!

We have a BoG dinner reservation for Christmas Eve, but after seeing the glowing reviews for MP here and on Tom Bricker's blog I'm tempted to switch, especially as I have that morning planned for Epcot anyway. My mom loves French cuisine, and technically BoG is French-inspired but reviews of the new menu have been less positive. But also thinking of what would make a nice Christmas Eve atmosphere. Question - are there vegetarian options on the MP prix-fixe menu? Or if not, can some at the table order the prix-fixe while others order a la carte? I know some restaurants make everyone order prix-fixe if one person is doing it.

Switch! If you're looking for the ultimate dining experience, MP is it. The $89.99 prix fixe usually has a fish option for the entree (not sure about the other courses, but they only show one of the menus on Disney's website. The a la carte menu definitely has veg options. You can have some people at table do prix fixe and others do a la carte. By the way, the menu changes, so it will be different in December. I hope you get to dine there because it's fantastic!

Switch! If you're looking for the ultimate dining experience, MP is it. The $89.99 prix fixe usually has a fish option for the entree (not sure about the other courses, but they only show one of the menus on Disney's website. The a la carte menu definitely has veg options. You can have some people at table do prix fixe and others do a la carte. By the way, the menu changes, so it will be different in December. I hope you get to dine there because it's fantastic!

Thanks! Is the $89 prix fixe available for 2 credits, or is it cash only?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!