Current incentive for doing DVC tour?

Thanks y'all! I'm referring to the basic incentives one might get for simply going on the DVC tour itself (fast passes, etc.). Someone wrote up a blog post saying you can negotiate incentives which I thought interesting. For example: some folks got 3 fast passes, $50 and ice cream. Others mentioned getting just 3 fast passes for taking the tour
The Saratoga Springs DVC center always ends up in an ice cream shop, so no negotiation needed. Helps put people in a happy, and buying, mood!

Thanks y'all! I'm referring to the basic incentives one might get for simply going on the DVC tour itself (fast passes, etc.). Someone wrote up a blog post saying you can negotiate incentives which I thought interesting. For example: some folks got 3 fast passes, $50 and ice cream. Others mentioned getting just 3 fast passes for taking the tour
I am talking about the basic incentives

I'm wondering... my kids and I (single mom, independent financially) are interested in the DVC tour. We go to Disney once or twice a year. I don't know that we will actually buy but I have been curious to check it out.

My sister (from another state than me) will be on this trip with me.

Will my sister be eligible for any incentives if she also takes the tour? She is married but he won't be on this Disney trip. If she isn't eligible she'll probably prefer to lounge by the pool but I'd rather spend the time with her.

Thanks!

Potential buyers, be aware of a new policy starting January 8, 2018 which mandates daily access to your room. Do your research. Either housekeeping or security Dept. will access your room every day. Disney will confirm this but won’t tell you about it before you stay unless you count the fine print in terms and conditions as proper disclosure. Some people don't care while others believe it an invasion of privacy. Just a heads up.

Oh dear, this policy is not different than any other Disney resort. I truly do understand you are not happy with it, however by now we all know that a WDW stay involves daily access to all rooms. DVC or resort, the staff will enter.

I'm wondering... my kids and I (single mom, independent financially) are interested in the DVC tour. We go to Disney once or twice a year. I don't know that we will actually buy but I have been curious to check it out.

Will my sister be eligible for any incentives if she also takes the tour? She is married but he won't be on this Disney trip. If she isn't eligible she'll probably prefer to lounge by the pool but I'd rather spend the time with her.

Thanks!

It is weird how the sales techniques vary. My DD and I are interested in a purchase for the family. SHe and her DH toured when they were at the Poly and were treated so graciously. The guide gave them a tour of both a studio and the bungalow. They gathered a lot of info and are very interested in a purchase. Just not at the Poly. (We cannto fit and we travel together often)

I am not a time share person, so I have signed up for one tour in my entire life. Keep your free weekend, pretty gifts or tix to the nearby theme park. After that experience I was never going again. Anyway, because this is a purchase I actually want I went when I was on a solo trip. There was no need to have my husband there, and I made it clear up front I never buy anything the day I am offered. My experience was not as positive as my DD's, and I left pretty annoyed. I admit I stopped listening after about 15 minutes. When he tried to tell me that financing was a better deal than waiting until I would pay cash he lost me.

I would encourage your sister to join you if she has an interest. The salesman will not insist on couples. I am really glad because my DH will never sit through one but will listen to the information whenMarisa and I discuss it later with him.

I cannot understand the insistence that some of these folks have for teh couple to be present. A few years ago my DS and DDIL signed up for some food service thing. THe salesman wanted leads and he gave him mine. The guy called me and wanted to set up a meeting, but when I told him my DH would not be there he was irritated. He also told me that teh "deal" was only good if I signed immediately after his presentation, and again insisted both of us had to be there. I declined the opportunity. He later sked my DS for leads and DS told him to fly a kite. He also told him he missed out on a potential sale because my DH and I discuss and make decisions after presentations, and never under pressure. This "couple" thing is silly, IMO.

Thanks!
Yup. Anybody who goes on the tour is eligible for the incentives. No worries.

When he tried to tell me that financing was a better deal than waiting until I would pay cash he lost me.
The financing offered for DVC is terrible! I would suggest anyone opt for another option. A personal loan from your bank would be better. We saw the terms and decided cash was a better option.

Oh dear, this policy is not different than any other Disney resort. I truly do understand you are not happy with it, however by now we all know that a WDW stay involves daily access to all rooms. DVC or resort, the staff will enter.

It is weird how the sales techniques vary. My DD and I are interested in a purchase for the family. SHe and her DH toured when they were at the Poly and were treated so graciously. The guide gave them a tour of both a studio and the bungalow. They gathered a lot of info and are very interested in a purchase. Just not at the Poly. (We cannto fit and we travel together often)

I am not a time share person, so I have signed up for one tour in my entire life. Keep your free weekend, pretty gifts or tix to the nearby theme park. After that experience I was never going again. Anyway, because this is a purchase I actually want I went when I was on a solo trip. There was no need to have my husband there, and I made it clear up front I never buy anything the day I am offered. My experience was not as positive as my DD's, and I left pretty annoyed. I admit I stopped listening after about 15 minutes. When he tried to tell me that financing was a better deal than waiting until I would pay cash he lost me.

I would encourage your sister to join you if she has an interest. The salesman will not insist on couples. I am really glad because my DH will never sit through one but will listen to the information whenMarisa and I discuss it later with him.

I cannot understand the insistence that some of these folks have for teh couple to be present. A few years ago my DS and DDIL signed up for some food service thing. THe salesman wanted leads and he gave him mine. The guy called me and wanted to set up a meeting, but when I told him my DH would not be there he was irritated. He also told me that teh "deal" was only good if I signed immediately after his presentation, and again insisted both of us had to be there. I declined the opportunity. He later sked my DS for leads and DS told him to fly a kite. He also told him he missed out on a potential sale because my DH and I discuss and make decisions after presentations, and never under pressure. This "couple" thing is silly, IMO.

Thanks for your response. Many years ago (15-20) I went to two time-share presentations (not DVC). They were hard sell. At least the first one (some timeshare near Disney) followed through with tickets but we lost a good four hours. The other one in New Orleans gave vouchers for a carriage ride but the carriage ride was no where to be found for the rest of the day. I am the kind of person that is far more likely to purchase something if I've had the time to work things out and think about it. If I'm pressured then I figure the product isn't good enough on its own merits.

I cannot understand the insistence that some of these folks have for teh couple to be present.

It is standard protocol with timeshare tours to REQUIRE both spouses tour if married (if both spouses are actually on vacation together of course.). I own both DVC and another great TS. When we decided to tour while on vacation, one of the first things we were asked is if we were married, upon our answer of "yes", we were advised we would BOTH have to be present to get any incentives.

For a long time, DVC's larger gift card incentives, $100 Disney gift card, clearly stated in the find print that both spouses must attend to receive the incentive. DVC is the only TS I know of that kind of waffles on this. Data from TS tours clearly shows that the percentage of solo tours that buy is extremely low. How many people would make such a decision/investment without consulting their spouse? Not many. If the guest is single, no problem. :cutie:

I did the tour by myself while my wife took the kids to MK last year. No problem getting the $100 gift card. No hard sell either. It all worked out though, we talked it over and purchased DVC at Copper Creek later in the trip.

It is standard protocol with timeshare tours to REQUIRE both spouses tour if married (if both spouses are actually on vacation together of course.). I own both DVC and another great TS. When we decided to tour while on vacation, one of the first things we were asked is if we were married, upon our answer of "yes", we were advised we would BOTH have to be present to get any incentives.

For a long time, DVC's larger gift card incentives, $100 Disney gift card, clearly stated in the find print that both spouses must attend to receive the incentive. DVC is the only TS I know of that kind of waffles on this. Data from TS tours clearly shows that the percentage of solo tours that buy is extremely low. How many people would make such a decision/investment without consulting their spouse? Not many. If the guest is single, no problem. :cutie:

I would never make that decision alone, however I know my husband will never sit through these things. If we make major purchases we know who is best qualified to sit through the informational meetings or whatever we are looking at. I am not going to do the research to buy a tractor, but when DH is done he shares it with me and we both decide. We are that divide and conquer couple I guess.
WE also NEVER commit to anything the moment the presentations is completed. We learned that lesson 26 years ago when we signed for a window and siding package right after the first salesman came. We needed to beat feet the next morning to withdraw within the three day window becuase after he left and it all sunk in we realized we had two more estimates to research, and thank goodness we did! That package was over $15000 more than the one we settled on. Never again! WE wait and discuss and sleep on any major decision.

Thanks!

ur sister and herhusband will have to both be there to takethe tour - that is a timeshare rule. they wonteven allow her to tour without him

ur sister and herhusband will have to both be there to takethe tour - that is a timeshare rule. they wonteven allow her to tour without him

This is NOT true. I toured myself a few years ago, and made it clear before I booked that I was married but would tour alone. It was fine.

we were there over Thanksgiving and they asked us 3 times if we were both there otherwise we could not tour.

it makes sense to me since most of the conversation was directed to my husband, as it should be. I am not the final decision maker - he is since he is in charge of the home

we were there over Thanksgiving and they asked us 3 times if we were both there otherwise we could not tour.

it makes sense to me since most of the conversation was directed to my husband, as it should be. I am not the final decision maker - he is since he is in charge of the home
The man - the husband - is Not in charge of the home in all relationships. Even 49 year old marriages like ours. They best be talking directly to me as well.

I'm wondering how all this the spouse must be there stuff works if you choose not to get the piece of paper to say you are legally married. I have a partner, we are in a committed relationship but we have no intention of getting married. If they ask if I'm married I will say no.

Honestly if I went to a sales pitch with my partner and they treated me like that they would lose a sale.

I'm wondering how all this the spouse must be there stuff works if you choose not to get the piece of paper to say you are legally married. I have a partner, we are in a committed relationship but we have no intention of getting married. If they ask if I'm married I will say no.

then you arent married and it wont matter. you will be the only one on the dead. you would need to update your living will with what happens to tour contract qhen u pass

then you arent married and it wont matter. you will be the only one on the dead. you would need to update your living will with what happens to tour contract qhen u pass
No I wouldn't be, my partner and I share finances and own property together. He would definitely be on the deed.

No I wouldn't be, my partner and I share finances and own property together. He would definitely be on the deed.

since you arent married, I dont think he can be - I could be wrong though - timeshares are very particular about how the paperwork is done

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter