Current Covid Requirements

amcnj

DIS Veteran
Hi. Has anyone sailed recently with a stop at Bermuda? My understanding is RCL requires passengers to take a Covid test on their own within two days of sailing and have proof of this negative test when boarding. In addition, Bermuda has its own online registry system, which also requires you to enter a negative test.

So if a ship sails on Saturday at 4, and docks in Bermuda on Monday morning, that pre-departure test, which will be done on Thursday or Friday, is also sufficient for the Bermuda registry? I can’t yet access the Bermuda system as the cruise is more than 30 days out.

Also, how soon are Covid test results available and in what form, electronic notification, printout, verbal, etc? The RCL sites recommends printing out the results and bringing a hard copy with you.

Thanks for sharing any experiences.

I was due to sail on the Mariner tomorrow but changed my cruise to the Harmony because of the extra Bermuda covid requirements.

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

You have to apply for the travel visa starting 30 days out at a cost of $40 a person.

The testing requirements vary based on how long it takes the ship to arrive in Bermuda.

It looks like RCCL changed the itinerary for the cruise I had booked. Originally Coco Cay was the first port of call and under the Bermuda rules everyone on the ship would have needed to be tested on the ship prior to arrival in Bermuda. Looking now it appears they flipped the itinerary to make the Bermuda rules more palatable.

Since Bermuda is now the first port of call and within 4 days of sailing, the test taken 2 days before embarkation satisfies the requirements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter