Current castaway club gift on the Magic?

ADowling

Earning My Ears
Is the gift still a beach bag for western Caribbean or has it switched to the sling back pack?

Since the changeover we have 3 sling bags (added to our collection of beach bags) and though I love the quality, I just can't fit as much stuff in them when we have last minute items on debarkation morning.

That’s what I keep hearing. They are much smaller than a regular backpack. I’ll be packing the old beach bag for sure!

I had heard the gifts now vary by ship and castaway level, is this true? So if the gift on the Magic is the sling bag, will all castaways get the same gift? TIA
Time was the itinerary determined the gift. Well, the Silver level gift.

The Silver level gift (basic gift) is a bag. In the past it's been a beach bag for the Caribbean itineraries, a sling bag for Alaska, a back pack for Europe. Recently it appears that all ships are giving the sling bag for the basic gift.

The gift for Gold is the Silver gift (bag) plus (currently) luggage tags. The gift for Platinum is the Silver gift (bag), Gold gift (luggage tags), and a choice of various in room gifts.

Does anyone have an update on the current Gold gift? We're on the Transatlantic this weekend, and it would be useful to know how much space to allot for the trip back. If it's the backpack, I may use something disposable as my carryon for the plane, and then use the backpack on the way back.

Does anyone have an update on the current Gold gift? We're on the Transatlantic this weekend, and it would be useful to know how much space to allot for the trip back. If it's the backpack, I may use something disposable as my carryon for the plane, and then use the backpack on the way back.

What did you receive as your gift?

I have 3 new sling bags. I took the tags off one but never used it. We're cruising in November - 2 more sling bags!

Would swap for a beach bag if anyone is interested.

Since the gold gift on the TA this year was the sling bag and the luggage tags, I wound up buying one of the $20 backpacks on board to see me home. The backpack was actually handier than my usual rolling backpack when we made a stop in London on the way home and the tube into central London was out of service, so we wound up doing lots more transfers (i.e., climbing stairs in the tube stations) to get to our hotel.

Has the sling bag been the same on all the Magic sailings this summer? We are doing the fall TA and are gold so was curious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!