Current cancellation policy?

rotlex

Is it summer yet?
Forgive me but there is so much info out there.

Is there a link to the current cancellation policy for WDW packages? Are you still losing the $200 if you cancel less than 30 days out, or has that been extended? We have an arrive date of July 31st and or 99.9% cancelling. My wife and I were discussing holding off though to see if anything changes. Problem is, with the parks not opening until July, it puts us inside that 30 day window etc. I would really love to see what the first two weeks after opening are like, but really don't want to lose $200 either.

Forgive me but there is so much info out there.

Is there a link to the current cancellation policy for WDW packages? Are you still losing the $200 if you cancel less than 30 days out, or has that been extended? We have an arrive date of July 31st and or 99.9% cancelling. My wife and I were discussing holding off though to see if anything changes. Problem is, with the parks not opening until July, it puts us inside that 30 day window etc. I would really love to see what the first two weeks after opening are like, but really don't want to lose $200 either.

I could use help from someone like @DisneyWishes14 or others who know this for sure, but I'm under the impression package paid in full dates are still 7 days out until further notice, not the usual 30 days (although Disney still sends the auto-generated deadline e-mails based on 30 days).

I got a new confirmation email for my August trip this morning that mentions payment due 30 days out. I don’t know if that auto populated or if they are actually going back to 30 days now that they have an opening date.

Thanks for the replies. Going to try to call them this week to get the scoop if I can. I also need to know if we can remove one of our party members, assuming I can, as they took on a new job just this week which will not allow them the time off. My wife and I were also discussing taking the nights from 14 to maybe 10, so I'm also hoping they at least allow that type of change. I'll post if I find anything out, but I'm assuming the phone lines are kinda crazy right now!

No solid info here, but a little anecdotal evidence: I called to cancel my MNSSHP tickets, all prepared with arguments about why I should be allowed to do so but also prepared to be told no. The cast member who answered told me that they are being pretty lenient right now and refunded me no questions asked.

My wife and I were also discussing taking the nights from 14 to maybe 10, so I'm also hoping they at least allow that type of change.
This change may be allowed eventually, but until the new reservation system is up, modifications to your trip cannot currently be made. You can only completely cancel at this time. Just didn't want you to waste time on the phone for nothing 🙂.

So I spoke with a CM yesterday regarding my August booking. She assured me I have up until 7 days prior to arrival to cancel and receive a full refund. I asked her if this info was anywhere on the Disney web site but she was unable to point me to it. I'm taking her word for it, but still a little nervous about cancelling post June 30th as my arrival date is July 31st. I figure I'll give it two weeks and call back again if I don't hear anything more from them.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts