Currency Exchange

kamik86

DIS Veteran
In three weeks we are leaving for our trip to England.

Any recommendations on the best ways to convert to pounds from dollars? We plan to bring a credit card that has no foreign transaction fees. However I'm sure we will want to have cash on hand as well.

should we do that before we leave or wait until we are in London?

Over here when we have spare Dollars to change back to GBP, it's not the same rate we got when we bought the Dollars.

You might get a better rate doing it before you leave. This is a good site to compare the buyback rates in the UK, which is the rate you'd be getting http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/buy-back

We were in London last July, and we exchanged for 100 pounds at our bank before we left. You can also find a cash machine to get money as long as it's a participating member with your bank. Look at the back of your ATM/debit card for the logos, i.e. mine is part of the Plus network, but my father has about 5 different options. Let your bank know you'll be in London so the transaction goes through (we made that mistake visiting Barcelona). Have fun!

I would do it before you leave. If you are staying in the middle of London (I live here) , you are not going to get a very good rate, as they will be charging tourist rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!