Curious to see how fast resorts start to fill up. Post your experience!

By this time last year discounted rates for regular visitors, AP holders, and Florida residents for the fall were all out already. Makes me think Disney thought they would more booked by now too. I wonder how long they'll hold out on not releasing discounts for the fall.
There’s rumors of a discount being released tomorrow. I’ve even heard free Dining again but who really knows. I’m waiting on AP (or fall room) discounts. I have July 4-7 and Aug 30-Sept 2 on the Sun & Fun, Oct 10-13 and Nov 27-Dec 1 rack rate - which really wasn’t even that bad.

Tons of availability for SWGE opening week although Disney holding off on discounts for 8/29 and beyond...for now

Yeah I'm getting this feeling too. I've spent a lot of time on the "big" Star Wars fan boards trying to gauge SGE interest and I've found VERY little talk of SGE or people planning trips to visit it. I wonder if it will take a little while for word of mouth to spread across the Star Wars fanbase.
Interesting... makes one wonder if Disney's claim that they don't need to advertise for SWGE - that it will just "sell itself" - may backfire. If even hard core SW fans don't know much about it, what about the general population?

The amount of hotel availability at opening is perhaps speaking for itself. Wonder if there are some nervous executives right now??

Interesting... makes one wonder if Disney's claim that they don't need to advertise for SWGE - that it will just "sell itself" - may backfire. If even hard core SW fans don't know much about it, what about the general population?

The amount of hotel availability at opening is perhaps speaking for itself. Wonder if there are some nervous executives right now??
:sad:

Just checked our trip dates for 8/31-9/7 and everything is available except GF Villas. This makes me feel better.

I continue to think that some might be waiting for DL to open and reviews and videos to come out before deciding to book here. Also some might be waiting for more info on any sort of reservation system to help them decide
Maybe, but I doubt an adult making a last minute solo trip for the SWGE opening (as kids are already back in school) is going to drop $500 for a rack rate Beach Club room of which there are plenty available.

I don't know.

Maybe people really aren't booking trips just to visit Galaxy's Edge like Disney hoped.

More people may book than before because there is now another new "land" for them to visit, but perhaps people aren't booking just to visit GE. I feel as if Disney was banking on tons of people booking solely for the fact GE is opening and that hasn't happened, at least not yet. I think having on both coasts will affect the bookings at WDW, at least in the short run.

I think 2021/22 will see the largest number of bookings due to the anniversary and the opening of GOTG, Tron, etc. :)

If I’m WDW and I see all the onsite hotel availability for opening week, I gotta be thinking about giving onsite guests a SWGE entry advantage.
Not sure they can do that at WDW. They could give them first dibs at access but I’m not sure they can guarantee access for all.

Not sure they can do that at WDW. They could give them first dibs at access but I’m not sure they can guarantee access for all.
My hope - DL timed entry works well, they use the existing FP system to offer something similar for WDW, onsite guests have an advantage to book these FPs

I've found it to be true the past couple of weeks or so that Beach Club, Yacht Club and Boardwalk are all booked up for the 2 weeks BEFORE swge opening, but there are still plentiful rooms afterwards. Makes me laugh imagining people scampering to get out of the way.

Well, I became an AP for the first time, just for GE, and certainly have several rooms booked this fall already because of it. So, they got my whole family just for SWGE this year. Of course, now I love having an AP too much so this may be a new long-term addiction...

Well, I became an AP for the first time, just for GE, and certainly have several rooms booked this fall already because of it. So, they got my whole family just for SWGE this year. Of course, now I love having an AP too much so this may be a new long-term addiction...

And so it begins! :laughing:

We also got APs because of SWGE. BUT, we have not yet booked a SWGE trip because I am waiting to hear about access. Not interested in booking a 4th trip in 2019 without some sort of guaranteed access that does not involve waiting in a huge line. Waiting for AP previews, or some type of day-of FP/virtual queue, or maybe even some type of preference for onsite or APs.

well I just changed my reservations, from Opening day to Sept. 2nd to take advantage of EEMH. My friend who has a reservation for opening day added me to her room just inn case Disney does do something for resort guests on Aug 29th
Still going opening day but no need for a room if there is no advantage that day

well I just changed my reservations, from Opening day to Sept. 2nd to take advantage of EEMH. My friend who has a reservation for opening day added me to her room just inn case Disney does do something for resort guests on Aug 29th
Still going opening day but no need for a room if there is no advantage that day

I think we are going to EEMH on 9/2 also so I can see what happens on 9/1 first. I’m still thinking about just waiting it out one night (either 8/31 or 9/1) depending on when they shut the lines down.

It seems that these extra, extra magic hours are a pretty huge carrot that Disney is dangling in an effort to fill up their resorts and hotels. With so many reports lately regarding tons of availability during the opening months, Disney sure is going all-out to try to woo people to make a reservation this Fall...My guess is that it will work!

I know there have been complaints about the first few days of SWGE being open there are no morning EMHs. I think there is an advantage to onsite guests though. With those first few days being early “regular park” hours vs EMHs there should be extra fast passes during that time—maybe not for SWGE but for SSD and other popular HS rides. Onsite guests will have the 60 day FPP booking advantage there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter